View Poll Results: how many you plan to buy 2012s two pieces set?.

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • nothing

    35 42.68%
  • one - five sets

    32 39.02%
  • six and above

    3 3.66%
  • undecided

    16 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: How many you plan to buy 75th anniversary set?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metally Ill View Post
    I'll tell you what, sports fan, anybody who thinks that the American Silver Eagle has been around for 75 years deserves to be confused by this commemorative US Mint 75th Anniv. set! SF is my home town, and we are very proud of our mint's history.
    I am not from SF but I am proud of your Mint's history too. And if anyone cares to remember, in 2006 the US Mint already created a coin to Commemorate the SF Mint. I personally wish I had one of these coins.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Yea your right except you're wrong. The US Mint is not calling them that. Sure you can call them anything you want, you can call them "turds from the Gods", but it doesn't change facts.
    You need to check yourself. Making this big of a stink over semantics is borderline trolling.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I am not from SF but I am proud of your Mint's history too. And if anyone cares to remember, in 2006 the US Mint already created a coin to Commemorate the SF Mint. I personally wish I had one of these coins.
    I read that the 2006 90% silver dollar commemorated the 100 year anniversary of the old SF Mint surviving the 1906 earthquake and firestorm. That old building was replaced by "new" SF Mint in 1937. The 75th Anniv. of the new mint is being celebrated this year. This 2012 2-coin SF set is being issued to honor that anniversary, but it is true that the words "anniversary" and "commemorative" are not being used by the Mint because they refer to other products and programs. I suppose the main reason I keep using these terms is to piss people off because that's what the internet's all about!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callaway29 View Post
    You need to check yourself. Making this big of a stink over semantics is borderline trolling.
    Really? You call totally misrepresenting a Mint product semantics? If anything proclaiming something as being an anniversary set is what I call trying to generate false interest in something that isn't true and trying put it on par with the 25th Anniversary set which really is an Anniversary set! I just checked myself and I think I am spot on with this one.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metally Ill View Post
    I read that the 2006 90% silver dollar commemorated the 100 year anniversary of the old SF Mint surviving the 1906 earthquake and firestorm. That old building was replaced by "new" SF Mint in 1937. The 75th Anniv. of the new mint is being celebrated this year. This 2012 2-coin SF set is being issued to honor that anniversary, but it is true that the words "anniversary" and "commemorative" are not being used by the Mint because they refer to other products and programs. I suppose the main reason I keep using these terms is to piss people off because that's what the internet's all about!
    I thought I was the one that was supposed to play the role of pissing people off?
    .
    .
    btw...I like SF too, though I don't live there. I'm a Giants fan, and I also have a collection of old gold and silver assay bars from the original SF mint. But, all of that has nothing to do with this coin. Or the reason why I'd buy it or not. I'd buy any branch mint proof Eagle set. If they come out with a Denver set that commemorates nothing I'm in........

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Really? You call totally misrepresenting a Mint product semantics? If anything proclaiming something as being an anniversary set is what I call trying to generate false interest in something that isn't true and trying put it on par with the 25th Anniversary set which really is an Anniversary set! I just checked myself and I think I am spot on with this one.
    This is an anniversary set, not an annual set. Nobody is saying it's the 75th anniversary of the ASE. It's very clear this is a set of ASE's celebrating the 75th anniversary of the SF mint. Big difference...

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger007 View Post
    how many you plan to buy this coming 2012s 75th anniversary american eagle silver dollars two pieces set?. are you sending for grading?. how much you think it can go up?. give your opinion and thanks.
    Doubt it will go up at all being minted to demand. Dealers will buy loads of these things. If I decide I want one I will just wait and find on da bay in a few months for less than the mints issue price.........
    Buy Low Sell High

    Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callaway29 View Post
    This is an anniversary set, not an annual set. Nobody is saying it's the 75th anniversary of the ASE. It's very clear this is a set of ASE's celebrating the 75th anniversary of the SF mint. Big difference...
    A US Mint spokesman when asked that question very specifically said it IS NOT A 75th ANNIVERSARY SET OF THE SAN FRANCISCO MINT! It's not being marketed that way, its not being described that way, what else don't you understand?

    "Itís not an anniversary set," U.S. Mint spokesman Michael White reveals of the 2012 American Eagle San Francisco Two-Coin Silver Proof Set which now has a "Coming Soon" splash message on the home page of the bureauís online store.


    http://www.coinnews.net/2012/04/27/2...oin-proof-set/

  9. #29

    Default The Mint Changed in Mid-Couse . . .

    The two coin set was originally announced as being an Anniversary set for the current SF Mint.

    http://mintnewsblog.com/2012/04/75th...-set/#comments

    Now the Mint is just marketing them as a set.

    Guess this is where the confusion comes in . . .

    HH
    Last edited by halfhunter; 04-30-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    Always Searching for OBW Rolls ! ! !

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by insidedealer View Post
    I thought I was the one that was supposed to play the role of pissing people off?
    .
    .
    btw...I like SF too, though I don't live there. I'm a Giants fan, and I also have a collection of old gold and silver assay bars from the original SF mint. But, all of that has nothing to do with this coin. Or the reason why I'd buy it or not. I'd buy any branch mint proof Eagle set. If they come out with a Denver set that commemorates nothing I'm in........
    It's too easy!

    I also will get this set regardless...I think it will at least maintain its' value.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •