PDA

View Full Version : Rhodium slammed!

Copperhead
12-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Down $100 to $1425. Everything else in the green right now. What's up with that?

spiritfilled111
12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
you mean 1525 not 1425

Element
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Nope $1425 I saw it too.. It spiked downwards..

Then back up. to 1525...

IMO Rh does not move that often it is still catching up with selloff in other PMG's

That almost had me going to the bank to wire money to Kitco to buy some..:D

Copperhead
12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
you mean 1525 not 1425

I mean bid price. Still down there. Wish I had some extra capital, but we need a new mattress. :D

GoldLevel75
12-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Terms and Conditions:

The purchase and sale of Kitco Rhodium Sponge involves a high degree of risk and is not suitable for all persons and does not provides any guarantee of interest, yield or return.

Does this imply that Kitco may NOT NOT NOT necessarily buy back the sponge even when the seal and chain of integrity hasn't been altered?! Don't know of anyone else besides Kitco who would buy Rhodium. Not really liquid is it?!

Carssman1
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Terms and Conditions:

The purchase and sale of Kitco Rhodium Sponge involves a high degree of risk and is not suitable for all persons and does not provides any guarantee of interest, yield or return.

Does this imply that Kitco may NOT NOT NOT necessarily buy back the sponge even when the seal and chain of integrity hasn't been altered?! Don't know of anyone else who would buy Rhodium. Not really liquid is it?!

I think when they mention return, they mean return on Investment.

They will buy it back

Copperhead
12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
I think when they mention return, they mean return on Investment.

They will buy it back

Of course they will, but if you take deliver and open up the dam bottle don't expect to get spot. :D

GGirl
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I wonder how low will it go? Now it's almost less than Platinum to buy it.

Copperhead
12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I wonder how low will it go? Now it's almost less than Platinum to buy it.

I do not see how it can fall a whole lot more and stay down unless palladium and platinum do too. But it is a small market and a panic there could drive it down fast over the short term.

midiman
12-13-2011, 03:28 PM
I am :(

Something has to change. Will we see another return to $900.

I,m sitting on a big loss now until we test the $2000 mark again.

littlechief
12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I am :(

Something has to change. Will we see another return to $900.

I,m sitting on a big loss now until we test the $2000 mark again.

me too :( i think when we see Pt and Pd move upward from their unsustainably low levels, Rh will chug along behind

CheGuevara
12-13-2011, 09:19 PM
When you look at the chart over the past thirty years, rhodium has hit unbelievably high yet also unbelievably low levels, depending upon demand and availability. We are in a major downtrend here. I have sold off all my PM's entirely, so nothing to worry about personally, but I feel for those taking the hit.

I don't think a return to the $500-600 level for rhodium is out of the question.

Killver
12-14-2011, 05:41 AM
When you look at the chart over the past thirty years, rhodium has hit unbelievably high yet also unbelievably low levels, depending upon demand and availability. We are in a major downtrend here. I have sold off all my PM's entirely, so nothing to worry about personally, but I feel for those taking the hit.

I don't think a return to the $500-600 level for rhodium is out of the question.

Temporarily you can avoid problems when PMs drop by selling them, but what are you paid in? Dollars... and where are THEY going? Holding PMs is not totally safe- LIFE is not totally safe- but paper is worse since it trends toward zero in virtually all nations who have and print money. So what do you do to preserve value in today's cynical bank-dominated fiat currency debt-ridden system? This system itself is collapsing so aside from property and possessions, how can we save anything? The paradox is that a nation is stronger when its citizens save... so how strong can the nation with the most debt in history be?

Element
12-14-2011, 05:52 AM

Paper gets sold but physical is for long term.. My rule is no selling phys at a loss... Maybe that means I can not sell it while I am alive? Again just do not know..

IMO we may be seeing big big drops yet across the board... But not to 2008 levels... way to much money has been printed, base prices are up.

midiman
12-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Worldwide double dip.

There will be a bounce to the curve.

Where it will bottom is anyone’s guess, but it also makes an excellent buying opportunity for those that missed bounce 1.

Bounce 2 will freeze you out of the market for good.

Seamster
12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised it's this low but it's really no bother to me. If it goes very high I'll sell what I own. If it goes very low a buy a lot more. I'm not very good at reading the market or anything but if I can make money I sell it and until then I keep it. Simple strategy but works provided you don't need the money you have tied up!

Copperhead
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
This far today rhodium remains at yesterday's price while everything else is in the red.

CheGuevara
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Well guys, the major buyers of rhodium are the auto manufacturers. But there has already been a surplus for a while and those guys are all stocked up already, plus there is no real anticipation of a deficit anytime soon.

With high oil, people must buy smaller cars which use far less rhodium. And if the world really increased its auto consumption dramatically, not only would that lead to even higher oil prices, but also more small cars.

At one point in time, all the auto manufacturers anticipated a future rhodium shortage and bid the price higher and higher. But the dynamics have changed considerably, as well as the overall business plan of the buyers (think GM).

For all of your sake's, I hope the price of rhodium does bounce, but I sold at $2300 and am not regretting it. My advice? Sell at least half.

The whole story with the over-indebted nations is getting overplayed right now because for the bull message in PM's to work, there needs to be money printing, but the ECB and Fed refuse to do it, especially the ECB is being very strict and that area is most pertinent.

So I look for gold, silver, and other PM's to continue to correct here while I hold cash. If I'm wrong, I've lost no money whatsoever. And I'm not concerned about holding gold for "survival", heck Greece just defaulted, but the country didn't erupt into civil disorder. And they didn't even have money printing capabilities.

Plus, governments can always raise more money by raising taxes or decreasing spending. The deficit is supposed to shrink considerably in 2013, so what will that do for the PM story?

But maybe I'm wrong and this will all bring a massive runup in PM's. What do I know?

Copperhead
12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Rhodium down another $75 this morning.

Element
12-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Rhodium down another $75 this morning.

You know what?
I actually like that about Rhodium.. It lags behind Pd and Pt.. So you can see what direction it is going ahead of time..

If it did not have a $100 premium, I bet one could make a buck trading it.. It is essentially like knowing the future.