PDA

View Full Version : First Broker to Jump

Lowrider
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Is history repeating itself?

Korean Stock Broker Leaps to Death Amid Market Plunge

A South Korean stock broker jumped to his death from a high-rise office amid worldwide market turmoil.

The 48-year-old broker, identified only as "Seo," sent text messages to colleagues expressing regret over severe losses, just minutes before leaping to his death Wednesday in the city of Daegu, according to Chief investigator Lee Kang-ho.

Lee said Seo's text messages included an apology to his clients. The messages said prices of the stocks owned by his clients nosedived and he felt sorry, a Daegu police spokesman told AFP. No separate suicide note was found.

Police said CCTV footage showed the man coming out of an elevator alone on the 18th floor of the building before he was found dead on the ground.

South Korean stocks have been especially volatile amid global financial turmoil sparked by fears the U.S. and European economies could be headed for recession.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Stock-Broker-Leaps-to-Death-Amid-Market-Plunge-127451503.html

Powerkicker
08-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Wow. I was expecting a joke PhotoShop of Bernanke. History does rhyme.

145bluesman
08-10-2011, 11:54 AM
He should have advised holding physical GOLD

Carpenter
08-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Jumped?
Or was jumped?

Sad, the way markets are moving up, and down; had he waited all might have been well.

Lowrider
08-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I donít understand people doing this.
Iíve live thru tough times, living on peanut butter & kool aid is
No fun. But thereís always tomorrow to start over.

Silvercoin
08-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Had he been in America, the Federal Reserve would have offloaded his clients losses onto the backs of taxpayer and he'd be giving himself a big bonus with bailout money.

jared530
08-10-2011, 10:38 PM
He should have advised holding physical GOLD
Haha a clip of him splattering on the ground followed by..."Protect your wealth from inflation, buy Gold and Silver NOW".

lolz

adams684
08-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Way to tacky Jared.

It's interesting that he took his own life, because he felt he dishonored his clients, when here in America, to dishonor your clients is just seen as good business practice.

torpedoman
08-10-2011, 11:58 PM
WOW, i did not know that brokers had a sense of guilt.

ChopperDown
08-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Jumped?
Or was jumped?

Sad, the way markets are moving up, and down; had he waited all might have been well.

Dude, you are too funny...

Yeah, wanted to know what he was holding...

Youngguns
08-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Losing big in my own trades can make be feel terrible no matter how much I tell myself beforehand exactly what I'm getting into and what can happen. I can't imagine if I was gambling with many other peoples money who depended on me for financial freedom. If, however they were multi millionaires I wouldn't have felt too bad.

Either way you look at it I think this is a repeat of 2008 and possibly worse. What do you guys think, since many people will be anticipating another collapse ("Not gunna happen to me again!") will the market fall quicker and deeper than last time? Or are a lot of those people out in cash right now that rode it down last time?