PDA

View Full Version : Gonna lose my options virginity this week

Progressive Libertarian
08-08-2011, 03:59 AM
QUICK INTRO: Hi all - got into investing in Gold ($400 New Years eve 2003) and Silver ($7.50 a few years later) by studying conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts. Graduated an Electrical Engineer and moved on to math teaching when my Silicon Valley mfg job shipped to China in the late 90's. Thx for all the interesting posts! This board has been a GREAT summer read.

ANYWAY - I'm planning to attempt my first shot at speculating, ideally this week before school starts. I'd like to go as long as I can (January 2013), but my broker says he only works 9-12 months out, and won't take LEAP option calls. I'm gambling the Silver battle line on manipulation price level ($40) will be in retreat soon ...like Gold's instititutional defense line ultimately crumbled at $400/oz when it cost $300/oz to mine it out of the ground :eek:

I forsee a number of 'events' on Silvers time horizon: 1) European riots, 2) Ugly Prez election cycle, 3) possible false flag stuff around Dec 2012 (Mayan) disinformation campaign, and 4) major demonstrations at the Jan 2013 Inaugaration - whoever wins/doesn't matter.

Anybody have a 'LEAP' options broker who works 18 months out? Also, any advice from more experienced Silver options traders is greatly appreciated ;)

SilverFinger
08-08-2011, 07:24 AM
PL, you know what...please don't....don't do what you're considering to do. It'll work out badly for you...I can feel it...I feel everything. You should relax on the sidelines if you think gold silver is going to take a hard dip. just relax and do nothing is best for you. read some books.

litemine
08-08-2011, 12:03 PM
QUICK INTRO: Hi all - got into investing in Gold ($400 New Years eve 2003) and Silver ($7.50 a few years later) by studying conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts. Graduated an Electrical Engineer and moved on to math teaching when my Silicon Valley mfg job shipped to China in the late 90's. Thx for all the interesting posts! This board has been a GREAT summer read.

ANYWAY - I'm planning to attempt my first shot at speculating, ideally this week before school starts. I'd like to go as long as I can (January 2013), but my broker says he only works 9-12 months out, and won't take LEAP option calls. I'm gambling the Silver battle line on manipulation price level ($40) will be in retreat soon ...like Gold's instititutional defense line ultimately crumbled at $400/oz when it cost $300/oz to mine it out of the ground :eek:

I forsee a number of 'events' on Silvers time horizon: 1) European riots, 2) Ugly Prez election cycle, 3) possible false flag stuff around Dec 2012 (Mayan) disinformation campaign, and 4) major demonstrations at the Jan 2013 Inaugaration - whoever wins/doesn't matter.

Anybody have a 'LEAP' options broker who works 18 months out? Also, any advice from more experienced Silver options traders is greatly appreciated ;)

You have to set up an account. Talk about your experience in what ever you have traded in. Then through the webbroker you see the dates of any options.
Good Luck:D