PDA

View Full Version : Copper continues upswing

cherrypopped
07-19-2011, 08:47 AM
At 4.45 a pound up over 10% in the last couple weeks.

You guys who are not picking up copper pennies need to consider it the only investment I know that can triple the minute you buy it. 50 bucks of pennies is now at $153.69

http://changevalues.com/copper_calc.php

2ndAmendmentguy
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM

You guys who are not picking up copper pennies need to consider it the only investment I know that can triple the minute you buy it. 50 bucks of pennies is now at $153.69

You will never change the stubborn people. If they have not realized the value of copper pennies, they probably won't until it's too late. Don't fret though... That just means that there are more for me and you. Keep hoarding!

cherrypopped
07-19-2011, 12:26 PM
You will never change the stubborn people. If they have not realized the value of copper pennies, they probably won't until it's too late. Don't fret though... That just means that there are more for me and you. Keep hoarding!

Like a fat kid stuffing his pockets in a candy shop. I am going through about 2k a week and yielding right around 25% overall including wheats and canadians

Locutus
07-19-2011, 03:27 PM

That's nothing. When I find a 90% Silver half dollar, it's worth about 25 times what I paid for it, or more. When I find a 40% half dollar, it's worth about 10 times what I paid for it. I find lots more of these than 90%.

This is an immediate return because I can sell these for near spot silver value very readily. Not so much with copper pennies, and it's illegal to melt them down.

cherrypopped
07-19-2011, 04:08 PM
That's nothing. When I find a 90% Silver half dollar, it's worth about 25 times what I paid for it, or more. When I find a 40% half dollar, it's worth about 10 times what I paid for it. I find lots more of these than 90%.

This is an immediate return because I can sell these for near spot silver value very readily. Not so much with copper pennies, and it's illegal to melt them down.

I hunt silver as well. I have 3 banks order 2k each a week with the addition of a 3rd bank today. For myself I am hoarding the pennies because just like when they quit making silver it will be meltable. I see the end of the penny on the horizion. And yes there is a market for it if you look for it

jeffersonian
07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
I hunt silver as well. I have 3 banks order 2k each a week with the addition of a 3rd bank today. For myself I am hoarding the pennies because just like when they quit making silver it will be meltable. I see the end of the penny on the horizion. And yes there is a market for it if you look for it

Absolutely. They will discontinue making even nickels with copper and old pennies will be chased out and horded. It's really a no brainer. Sure it takes time, but it's also fun hobby and I really enjoy trying to find wheat pennies. Out of a box of 25 dollars I tend to find about 10 about. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Chump Change
07-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Isn't it only illegal to melt if you get caught?
Just asking...
;)

couchguitarist
07-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Isn't it only illegal to melt if you get caught?
Just asking...
;)

electrolysis is the preferred method - no melting required.

ccjoe
07-22-2011, 06:55 AM

Touche as I'm all hoarded up with my 3750 kilos of investment grade CDA 110 bars.
I think 2013 will bring 100 an elbow cu. Just watch with this Weimar USA unfolding before our very eyes.
It's amazing that people here and other sites can't see the cu story but no more so than 99% of the sheople NOT seeing what's going on here with the Titanic having hit the iceberg in 2008.

jeffersonian
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Touche as I'm all hoarded up with my 3750 kilos of investment grade CDA 110 bars.
I think 2013 will bring 100 an elbow cu. Just watch with this Weimar USA unfolding before our very eyes.
It's amazing that people here and other sites can't see the cu story but no more so than 99% of the sheople NOT seeing what's going on here with the Titanic having hit the iceberg in 2008.

True, true, so true. I have to agree many think things will just get better. WAKE UP FOLKS, WE HAVE BEEN HIJACKED!!! A bunch of NWO bankers and monopoly men own our money, own are media, own are corparation, ect. They USA has only be prosporious in this period of time due to dollar for oil OPEC deals, and millary strength which has provided us with the fruits of every empire like ROME. We are gutted, we have been detroyed from within, and make basically nothing anymore.

It's impossible to fix this nation with same things that caused the problems. If people can figure out Gresham's law and what it means for all metals, then it's their loss.

You can only lead a horse to water.

Cheers to the new Class of Millionares here on Kitco forums, there shall be many of us.

ccjoe
07-24-2011, 05:16 AM
True, true, so true. I have to agree many think things will just get better. WAKE UP FOLKS, WE HAVE BEEN HIJACKED!!! A bunch of NWO bankers and monopoly men own our money, own are media, own are corparation, ect. They USA has only be prosporious in this period of time due to dollar for oil OPEC deals, and millary strength which has provided us with the fruits of every empire like ROME. We are gutted, we have been detroyed from within, and make basically nothing anymore.

It's impossible to fix this nation with same things that caused the problems. If people can figure out Gresham's law and what it means for all metals, then it's their loss.

You can only lead a horse to water.

Cheers to the new Class of Millionares here on Kitco forums, there shall be many of us.
Gresham's Law makes a lot of sense to me.
Thanks for forcing me to google it and study it.

lao tzu
07-24-2011, 05:46 AM
i think the strike in chile copper mine has a lot to do with it:)

Squishee
07-24-2011, 07:07 PM
electrolysis is the preferred method - no melting required.

doing it yourself ? or you mean big commercial producer are making cu bar like that ?

PaulRevere
07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Ok, I'm listening now.

Question. If copper is trading at $3+ per lb. cash value then why are kilo bars (2.2lbs) priced at $19.99?

Thats one hell of a primium. POG would have to comparativly go 2 da moon to get back that investment.

Am I missing something here?

learn me please.

Is there a website out there that is the "grail" of penny/nickle hoarding?

CopperBull
07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Ok, I'm listening now.

Question. If copper is trading at $3+ per lb. cash value then why are kilo bars (2.2lbs) priced at $19.99?

Thats one hell of a primium. POG would have to comparativly go 2 da moon to get back that investment.

learn me please.

I don't think you're missing anything.......the premiums paid for those bars is just silly. I can't speak for the buyers, but I suspect that they are a novelty item for most.

CopperBull
07-26-2011, 11:53 AM

I've been selling pennies at 1.5xface for months......I think I'm going to stop now and keep em for myself......Until I run out of room that is. At that point I'll go back to selling. If they were going for near spot I'd continue selling as well.

Why does the above change-calc differ so much from coinflation.com? I'm guessing its calculating based on a penny being 100% copper not 95%.

Thoughts?

Kaching
07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok you've sparked my interest. How can I tell which Canadian pennies to keep and which one's to return ? Are there any other little tricks I should know. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ccjoe
07-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't think you're missing anything.......the premiums paid for those bars is just silly. I can't speak for the buyers, but I suspect that they are a novelty item for most.

How about the silly premiums on Silver Pandas, certain paintings, certain real estate, and the bottle of wine that just went for 117K.
You are missing something. The more valuable and desirable something is, the higher the premiums. Simple supply/demand. No demand, low premiums. Kapeesh?

misteroman
07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Save the canadian pennies from 1996 and older.

bandicou2010
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Ok, I'm listening now.

learn me please.

You've got nothing to learn. Copper is abundant in the earths crust. I'm a copper bull but if you buy at those premiums you're a fool. But a fool can make money too, sell to a bigger fool.

There is a rising tide of urbanization in china and India this should move copper prices higher, but never to a level that would make you real money if you pay the premium you mentioned.

When you see the big copper miners being bullish... They talk about prices north of $5. Some will argue that Freeport mcmoran doesn't know what they know... They don't know about china and India. They don't know copper was used as money for 650 billion years or whatever... Don't be fooled they know the supply demand equation. It's their business to know.

Who do you trust, Freeport or some1 trying to sell you a copper round (about 30 cents of copper) for $3 bucks?

cherrypopped
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok you've sparked my interest. How can I tell which Canadian pennies to keep and which one's to return ? Are there any other little tricks I should know. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1996 and before. Us pennies is 1981 (and some 82's) and before

cherrypopped
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Ok, I'm listening now.

learn me please.

Those premiums are nuts. You could go buy some copper tubing and make your own "proofs" cheaper. The best way to accumulate copper is via pennies. It is an immediate triple up of your investment right now. Like someone above said they are selling at 1.5 times face. I have a LCS that will buy them at 1.5 face. He is flipping them out to someone local at 2 times face that dont want to sort but wants to hoard. All 3 of us make money. What I have been doing is selling at 1.5 face (100 for 150) and then taking the profits and investing that into either silver, or using it for a free $50 in copper pennies for myself. So 30 minutes of work to get 100 bucks in copper pennies nets me over an ounce of silver or $150 in melt value of pennies. I just have to store the pennies until it is done away with. I use my own sorter I made (which also does silver as well)

bandicou2010
07-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Those premiums are nuts. You could go buy some copper tubing and make your own "proofs" cheaper. The best way to accumulate copper is via pennies. It is an immediate triple up of your investment right now. Like someone above said they are selling at 1.5 times face. I have a LCS that will buy them at 1.5 face. He is flipping them out to someone local at 2 times face that dont want to sort but wants to hoard. All 3 of us make money. What I have been doing is selling at 1.5 face (100 for 150) and then taking the profits and investing that into either silver, or using it for a free $50 in copper pennies for myself. So 30 minutes of work to get 100 bucks in copper pennies nets me over an ounce of silver or $150 in melt value of pennies. I just have to store the pennies until it is done away with. I use my own sorter I made (which also does silver as well)

Pennies are a smart investment, especially if you're truning them around for a 50% gain.

If the laws were changed, how much would it cost (per penny) to melt. Of course I understand u wouldn't melt 1 penny at a time... but on average what should it cost, assuming I would have a ton of pennies to process?

Thanks.

Double3
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Tell me about this sorter.

Legacy
07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Copper is going much higher REAL soon...

ccjoe
08-01-2011, 06:12 AM
You've got nothing to learn. Copper is abundant in the earths crust. I'm a copper bull but if you buy at those premiums you're a fool. But a fool can make money too, sell to a bigger fool.

There is a rising tide of urbanization in china and India this should move copper prices higher, but never to a level that would make you real money if you pay the premium you mentioned.

When you see the big copper miners being bullish... They talk about prices north of $5. Some will argue that Freeport mcmoran doesn't know what they know... They don't know about china and India. They don't know copper was used as money for 650 billion years or whatever... Don't be fooled they know the supply demand equation. It's their business to know.

Who do you trust, Freeport or some1 trying to sell you a copper round (about 30 cents of copper) for $3 bucks?
"You've got nothing to learn" about sums up why this country is in such dire straits in the first place.
Imagine if our children had that attitude?
We've got to change that arrogant thought process of hubris over knowledge.

bandicou2010
08-01-2011, 06:21 AM
"You've got nothing to learn" about sums up why this country is in such dire straits in the first place.
Imagine if our children had that attitude?
We've got to change that arrogant thought process of hubris over knowledge.

Thanks.

Still sticking by your $80 prediction... lets see if it gets to your $25 by Xmas. :)

BTW, here's the guy who pretends he discovered 100 million people in China and India. Freeport Mcmoran didn't even know there was a China 'till ccjoe told them about it.

BTW, how did that perfect storm you mentioned in April work out for you... did all the corpses (washed out to sea in Japan) demand that the government rebuild their homes? I got an idea let's blow up New York City, then the demand for copper will really explode. Duh!! And, the economy will boom!!

Kaching
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
1996 and before. Us pennies is 1981 (and some 82's) and before

Thanks. I'll locate my magnifying glass and magnet then get started shortly aftreward.

ccjoe
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks.

Still sticking by your $80 prediction... lets see if it gets to your $25 by Xmas. :)

BTW, here's the guy who pretends he discovered 100 million people in China and India. Freeport Mcmoran didn't even know there was a China 'till ccjoe told them about it.

BTW, how did that perfect storm you mentioned in April work out for you... did all the corpses (washed out to sea in Japan) demand that the government rebuild their homes? I got an idea let's blow up New York City, then the demand for copper will really explode. Duh!! And, the economy will boom!!

It's working out better for me obviously as you find it necessary to publicly call me out on a board and bring up old issues.
Apparently your life is going in the same arrogant "nothing to learn" mode.
Good luck with your unhappy life.

bandicou2010
08-02-2011, 06:56 AM
It's working out better for me obviously as you find it necessary to publicly call me out on a board and bring up old issues.
Apparently your life is going in the same arrogant "nothing to learn" mode.
Good luck with your unhappy life.

Duh!! You called me out angrily when I had a different view. In fact, I never even addressed you until you did that. You don't seem to accept criticism, you expect people to 'stupidly" agree with everything you say... and when we don't you take it personally. You were the one providing "factual links"... and asking me why I disagreed with some experts you quoted... well (time has passed), where are your experts now?

BTW I think you're in the nothing to learn mode... that's why you keep stating that 100%+ premiums on industrial metals is reasonable.

P.S. My unhappy life is humming along quite happily!!

SilverSurfer25
08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I found a 1915 wheat worth a dollar. .... Nice.

bandicou2010
08-02-2011, 07:37 AM

:) very nice

SilverSurfer25
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
:) very nice

I havnt searched that many pennies. Maybe $250 worth. I only have a dollar in wheats. Also the price list for pennies might not have been recent. Im pretty sure my penny could be worth more than a dollar but who knows.

ccjoe
08-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Duh!! You called me out angrily when I had a different view. In fact, I never even addressed you until you did that. You don't seem to accept criticism, you expect people to 'stupidly" agree with everything you say... and when we don't you take it personally. You were the one providing "factual links"... and asking me why I disagreed with some experts you quoted... well (time has passed), where are your experts now?

BTW I think you're in the nothing to learn mode... that's why you keep stating that 100%+ premiums on industrial metals is reasonable.

P.S. My unhappy life is humming along quite happily!!

I notified the mods as we all don't need your crap.

bandicou2010
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I notified the mods as we all don't need your crap.

I notified my girlfriend!!

ShawnAndrews
08-02-2011, 10:53 AM

After going through 40,000 pennies I got my first Indian Head last week, a real nice 1897. Four wheats in 10 rolls last night. What fun!

bandicou2010
08-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Copper no longer going up, I'm glad I sold my copper stocks. However I truly believe copper will be way up by Xmas.

Stock market, and industrial metals are oversold... Now might be a good time to buy.

Comments any1?

Westerner
08-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Copper will be going up. The heat wave in the mid West is killing a lot of old worn out AC units. In my estimate a three ton typical ac system that can cool a average 1200 square foot home, uses up about 50 to 100 pounds of copper.

bandicou2010
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Copper will be going up. The heat wave in the mid West is killing a lot of old worn out AC units. In my estimate a three ton typical ac system that can cool a average 1200 square foot home, uses up about 50 to 100 pounds of copper.

Wait... lets see how the markets open. With all the crap I'm hearing this weekend about recession... if the markets believe it... everything will be going down. Who really knows how this ends.

I'm exceited for Monday morining. I'm wondering if I'll be shorting FCX, or buying... or maybe no reaction at all. You never know with teh market.

Where does the economy go? A recession? no1 knows, but if there is a recession copper will head maybe 50% lower. Don't believe anyone who tells you copper is a PM, it's an industrial metal, look at what happened to its price in 2008.

Good luck y'all

Copperhead
08-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm a little.bullish about gold and maybe silver, but copper is going to take a big hit. If you got your copper in pennies at least you have a solid floor.

bandicou2010
08-08-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm a little.bullish about gold and maybe silver, but copper is going to take a big hit. If you got your copper in pennies at least you have a solid floor.

If you got your copper in pennies, and you lose out... dear God everyone else is also bankrupt. :) No worries about the penny hoarders on this forum.

bandicou2010
08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Just had a look, copper is under $4 again. this is looking like 2008 again.

theirrationalist
08-08-2011, 03:01 PM

This is very funny. Like saying, "The price of aluminum is going to go up because people get thirsty in the summer, so they buy more pop cans."

AC units are a drop in the bucket, and we are talking about an ocean.

bandicou2010
08-08-2011, 06:35 PM
This is very funny. Like saying, "The price of aluminum is going to go up because people get thirsty in the summer, so they buy more pop cans."

AC units are a drop in the bucket, and we are talking about an ocean.

That's what some peeps don't understand when it comes to base metals... they aren't precious... there's a lot of it, and when China buys were talking thousands of tons... that's what it takes to move this market/metal, not an individual buying copper rounds.

Copperhead
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Just had a look, copper is under $4 again. this is looking like 2008 again.

It dose. But I get the feeling we will be more concern about inflation than recession by Christmas.

Copperhead
08-11-2011, 08:01 PM
King copper is doing better than I thought. Maybe things are not going to get as bad as I feared. :)

Squishee
08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
how much do you guys think I could sell for a handpoured 99% copper bar (10 pounds) ?

I see the shiny ones selling at huge premiums on ebay

Mine would be a nice looking handmade, not as they have on the ebay

(keep stacking)

bandicou2010
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
how much do you guys think I could sell for a handpoured 99% copper bar (10 pounds) ?

I see the shiny ones selling at huge premiums on ebay

Mine would be a nice looking handmade, not as they have on the ebay

(keep stacking)

I'd give you $40 and pay for shipping... but I'm not buying anyways.

If they're selling on ebay at high premiums, why not also sell at a high premium? Or maybe (if you're making a decent profit) at 60% of their premiums?

...As long as you really are pouring 10 lbs of 99% copper, don't start screwing with people and filling the core with gold or platinum. :)