PDA

View Full Version : Penny Storage

dogfoodman
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
This might not be the best way, but it has some promise!

namwalker
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
This might not be the best way, but it has some promise!

Did you do the stacking yourself? How long did it take you to stack those coins?

2ndAmendmentguy
06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Whoever did that has absolutely no life and needs to go find something to do, like volunteer at a hospital or donate his time to a worthy cause. IMHO, that is friggin ridiculous!:confused:

Greenback
06-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Whoever did that has absolutely no life and needs to go find something to do, like volunteer at a hospital or donate his time to a worthy cause. IMHO, that is friggin ridiculous!:confused:

I think it's also safe to say that this person has no indoor pets and no kids...:)

namwalker
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey guys lighten up. I think that he was just killing time in a frivulous time consuming activity that causes no harm. Besides who is to say that he didn't post a picture that he found somewhere for our enjoyment. I looked at it as something fun to look at and enjoy just for its own sake. I guess that I see enough downside that I do enjoy something just for the joy of it.

I think though that if he did do this, it didn't last long if a spouse, kids, or pets were in the vacinity. Further, not everyone has to do good deeds in their personal time. There are enough of them that go awry. Ever hear of the old adage of no good deed goes unpunished. That old saw has bitten me more than once. Just my opinion. Not trying to start an argument, just adding food for the fodder.

PS: just laying out the geometrics of this would drive my absolutely nuts. More power to whomever figured this out. A lot of thought and planning went into doing this. I don't have the patience. I always say patience is a virtue and I have no virtue. HAHAHAHA

dogfoodman
06-19-2011, 05:16 PM
1. I did not stack these.

2 I did find the image on the Web and thought ya-all would appreciate a copper penny sculpture. I don't know if super glue was used but even if it was it is some feat of art. My guess is the the artiest used some form or arch shaped form that were removed after there was sufficient weight to hold he lower pennies in position.

4 If i were the artiest I am sure that any surplus kid or pets would be soon placed on the BBQ menu.

5 I remember seeing as a kid a huge penny sculpture all in cased in clear lucite. The sculpture was in the shape of a castle and was several feet tall I just remember thinking it would be rather hard to spend the money.
'

louched1
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM
This penny sculpture in downtown Minneapolis is pretty big too.

http://www.pqcoin.com/full_flag_great_lighting.jpg