PDA

View Full Version : Deutsche Bank launches physically-backed ETC in rhodium 27th May 2011

Copperhead
06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Deutsche Bank launches physically-backed ETC in rhodium 27th May 2011

Deutsche Bank AG has announced the launch of a physical rhodium ETC (Exchange Traded Commodity).

The ETC is 100 per cent backed by physical rhodium and is designed to track the dollar spot price, minus fees.

The physical rhodium that backs the ETC will be kept with Johnson Matthey in the UK ..........................

http://www.platinum.matthey.com//media-room/news-room/deutsche-bank-launches-physically-backed-etc-in-rhodium/800559521.html

Butters
06-05-2011, 03:13 PM
What's the ticker symbol?

leony
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
The symbol is XRH0, it's traded on London Stock Exchange (LSE).
If your broker doesn't support LSE, you would need broker that does. I use Interactive Brokers.
I had never considered owning rhodium until today when I found out this physical-backed ETF is available. Yes I was aware of the Kitco pool account and the sponge, neither is ideal and with huge spreads.
Currently XRH0 is bid 205.63, ask 208.63, trades at about a 6% premium. So let's suppose XRH0 maintains its 6% premium, for each ounce that you buy, if you have to sell immediately, you lose only $30. This versus losing at least $100 with the Kitco arrangement.
Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of our host provides. But they really could do better on Rhodium, such as providing a Rhodium coin at a reasonable premium, I would buy it!

leony
07-28-2011, 01:13 PM
XRH0 has a 0.95% annual expense ratio. So for each year of holding it, you automatically lose nearly 1%. This is a bit more than the typical 0.65% expense ratio of other precious metal trusts.