PDA

View Full Version : Refining base metals

highroller4321
03-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Anyone know of a good place that can handle large volumes of base metals? I have a bunch of forgien stuff that I am looking to get rid of.

Thanks.

chuckno
03-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Anyone know of a good place that can handle large volumes of base metals? I have a bunch of forgien stuff that I am looking to get rid of.

Thanks.

Just google scrap metal dealers for you city or state. Also don't cry when they offer 30% of spot or less.
Base metal large volume is measured in tons. If you have several tons then their are 3 US refiners I know of that do scrap. Most scrap for US is shipped to Mexico and China. No environment laws and no welfare of workers laws. At least not ones that are enforced.

chuckno
03-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Just google scrap metal dealers for you city or state. Also don't cry when they offer 30% of spot or less.
Base metal large volume is measured in tons. If you have several tons then their are 3 US refiners I know of that do scrap. Most scrap for US is shipped to Mexico and China. No environment laws and no welfare of workers laws. At least not ones that are enforced.

Just checked with local scrap dealers. If scrap is clean metal not insulation, no paint they are now offering 80% spot guess they believe prices are nothing but up now. If not clean metal than 30% spot or less.
Thats Dallas, TX area

highroller4321
03-25-2011, 07:36 PM

I have 10+ tons that I am looking to get rid of. It should be classified at #1 or #2 copper. If I could et $3.90+ a lb I would be happy. Please PM me the dealers/scrap yards that you know of.

Thanks!