PDA

View Full Version : Is Microsoft a Can't Miss at 27?

kingplaya4
02-12-2011, 06:46 AM
In Asia no one uses Mac Computers, and I can't imagine Windows being dethroned in the States anytime soon either. With a P/e around 12 is the worse case scenario for this stock stagnant growth? It has only a 2% dividend which I could see being increased.

bandicou2010
02-12-2011, 08:23 AM
In Asia no one uses Mac Computers, and I can't imagine Windows being dethroned in the States anytime soon either. With a P/e around 12 is the worse case scenario for this stock stagnant growth? It has only a 2% dividend which I could see being increased.

The fact that there are no Mac Computers in Asia (if I take ur word for it) might mean I should be more bullish on Mac, because they can only grow in Asia. That said, I was thinking the same thing as you, yesterday (Friday), when I heard that BING (the Microsoft search engine) was more accurate than Google and that it was gaining in popularity.

However, there are no sure things in the stock market, so I'd rather keep my miners for now. Best of luck if you decide to buy.

kingplaya4
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I could be wrong but I've never even seen one for sale here. I can't speak for China and Japan as I live in Korea, but I can't see people here paying extra money for an apple logo on their computer. OS20 or whatever number they're on would have to have more going for it than better virus protection. I'm not saying this reason is a good one to buy the stock, but the culture is just completely different here. There isn't the hate Goliath mentality or a need to feel guilty over consumerism. Perhaps it will develop later. Bill Gates is a hero here essentially because he collected piles of cash. He could have never given a dime to Africa and his image would be no worse for the wear. Anyway, got a little off-topic, but it would take a lot of inertia to knock Microsoft off here.