PDA

View Full Version : The Morgan Report?

GottaHaveIt
02-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Anybody here subscribe to the Morgan Report?

Is it worth it?

I enjoy reading or watching interviews with David Morgan and I wonder if it's worth it to subscribe to his newsletter service.

I'm a long-term buy and hold kind of guy, not an active trader, so I don't know if it would be good for me, but I'd like some feedback from people who are getting it now.

Thanks!

90percentsilver
02-06-2011, 08:11 AM
It's funny that you write this since I'm new in this and just subscribed to his report last week! Last night I was looking at his prices and wondering if it is worth subscribing or not. I'm not a day trader but, in the future, plan on trading in and out as needed to make money and not lose it...

GottaHaveIt
02-06-2011, 04:21 PM
It's funny that you write this since I'm new in this and just subscribed to his report last week! Last night I was looking at his prices and wondering if it is worth subscribing or not. I'm not a day trader but, in the future, plan on trading in and out as needed to make money and not lose it...

So what do you think?

After reading the report, do you think it's worth it?

90percentsilver
02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
So what do you think?

After reading the report, do you think it's worth it?

Sorry, I re-read what I originally wrote and I think I should have said that I've subscribed to his free newsletter for a week and watched one of his videos on the top 10 reasons silver will go up (or something like that). Still waiting for more of his free newsletters to come to my mailbox. Other than that I don't really know too much about him and his pay services.

I have seen some people on here saying that they subscribe to some of these pay newsletter services but I don't recall which ones they paid for.

I'd kind of like to see the testimonials of some of the people on this forum before I shell out nearly $300.... :)

GottaHaveIt
02-09-2011, 03:18 AM
OK ... I decided to bite the bullet and bought a 6-month membership to David Morgan's Silver Investor site.

My first reaction: Wow, there is a LOT of information in there!

The nice thing is that not only do you get his current newsletter, but I was able to download all of his monthly newsletters going back to January 2010.
So I can see what he was telling his subscribers to do last year and compare that to what really happened.

There are many special reports and videos in addition to the monthly newsletter.

Morgan has added two new minining companies to his mining stock picks this month ... no, I won't tell you who they are. That wouldn't be fair to Morgan or to the other paying subscribers like myself.

At the end of the monthly report, he lists his "Featured Companies" which are his buy recommendations.

They are divided into 3 categories: Top Tier (established, safe long-term investments) ... Mid Tier (growing mid sized producers with more upside and more risk) ... Speculative (small cap mining stocks with big risk/reward).

He also has a "Watch list" of stocks he is keeping his eye on.

There are 5-6 recommended stocks in each category.

Again, I don't think it's fair to give away the names here, but I can tell you that many of the stocks he likes are stocks that are frequently discussed on this thread and the penny stock thread.

I will tell you that one of my favorite stocks (First Majestic) is on the Mid Tier list and Morgan first recommended it back on 8/4/08 when it was $4.08 per share. As you know, it is now almost $14 per share. I bought in at $11-12 during the dip over the past 3 weeks.

I'll also tell you that my other two stocks (Great Panther and Revett) are NOT on his list. So that's a bit of a hint.

It will take me awhile to digest all the information on the membership site, but my initial reaction is that it appears to be worth the $149.99 I paid for a 6 month membership.

If you are just looking for stock tips, I don't think you need The Morgan Report because many (but not all) of the stocks that he recommends are also discussed on this forum.

I bought it mainly for market timing advice. I am a "buy and hold" guy ... but I do plan to take profits after big run ups in order to raise cash so I can buy back in on the dips.

I read somewhere that Morgan says he is not "active" trader ... he trades only 3-4 times per year, depending on what the market is doing. That pretty much matches my style.

Like any other "guru" I will pick and choose the advice I want to follow and make my own decisions. I don't believe in blindly following anybody 100% on every recommendation they make. However, I have read many interviews with Morgan and I tend to agree with a lot of what he has to say ... which is why I decided to give this membership a try.

So that's my quickie initial review of David Morgan's Silver Investor membership site ... it is actually MUCH more than just an investment tips newsletter if you get the "Basic Plus Trading Membership" like I did.

I hope this helps if you are trying to make a decision as whether "it's worth it" for you.