PDA

View Full Version : If you are invested in a mining company?

DougG
12-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Can you request to be paid out in Silver or Gold? Sorry if this question seems dumb.

Moonstruck
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
They pay their dividens in fait $ .....:eek:

litemine
12-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Can you request to be paid out in Silver or Gold? Sorry if this question seems dumb.

But you have to sell your stock=equity. Then buy physical
You now hold value.;)

eurodollarconfetti
12-22-2010, 02:32 PM

Your question is not dumb. Its a good question to ask yourself when you
invest in a mining company. The answer is no. Mining companies pay out
dividends in fiat currencies, such as USD's, CAD's, Euros and so on.

Pay yourself out in gold ounces with leverage: Lets assume you invest
$ 14.000,- in a mining company (be it silver or gold). Its important to remember how many ounces of gold you can buy for $ 14.000,-:
Approx. 10 ounces at the current goldprice of $ 1385,-

What will happen next is that the price of gold will rise for example from
$ 1400,- to $ 1600,- In my example your mining shares could be worth
$ 17.600,- : Approx. 11 ounces

Thats 1 gold ounce profit compared to just buying physical gold.

To search for more leverage its better to look for low profitable gold- and silverminers with production(!) because
from a percentage point of view they will gain more profits as a result of rising gold- and silverprices. More leverage
can be expected with the shareprice of such a company than a goldminer that allready was very profitable (and thus expensive) to begin with.

I hope you understand my explanation. Just as a rough guide.

;)

inframan
12-23-2010, 09:24 AM
This is the only thing I know of where you can buy it in the market and redeem for gold. I think they are doing a similar silver trust too.

http://www.sprottphysicalgoldtrust.com/

ChainSawDave
12-30-2010, 11:29 PM

I've been gone from Kitco for several years, was a regular back in 2006 and '07, >> suddenly again now AND seems like everyone is pretty cool, helpful and basically nice.

THEREFORE > don't worry about asking what you said was a "dumb question", we ALL are on different levels, some here are truly brilliant and experienced, having great depth of knowledge.

There are beginners, and then there are average Joe's like, me, > I have a lot of experiences in PM's but I'm still as dumb as a box of rocks and ask some pretty dumb stuff myself, >> SO never second guess your questions, lot of smart good people here who take an interest to help others learn.
Hope you make great profits in 2011 !