PDA

View Full Version : Silvercorp just did not look good today.

tenashus1
12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
It just didn't look like its zesty self. Silver was up a lot. Silver miners, though, seemed to be a little suppressed. But Silvercorp just didn't look good. Down a penny after hitting $13.34. I've never entertained selling SVM, but today I began to consider it. Anyone have any insight here. SVM has been odd since its bought deal last week.

Venturer
12-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Practically speaking, this Friday is the last fully attended day of trading for 2010. The markets will be open, but volume should be light as traders leave for the holidays. So, if you are a fund manager or hedgie, you want to lock up Q4 profits (and your fat bonus). Silver was up big today and look at the stocks that went down; MVG, SSRI, AEM, UXG and of course, SVM. What do they all have in common? Profits, big fat profits.
This is a good time to have some dry powder. I have seen small cap miners and explorers lose 30% in the week between Christmas and New Years. Only to be back up the first week of January. This is just tax selling by retail investors who don't know how to plan (the pros are in or out, already). If you have some spare cash, who knows, maybe there is gift waiting for you in the next couple of weeks.