PDA

View Full Version : i just joined the club .........

97guns
10-15-2010, 10:52 PM
by picking up my first 2 pieces in the form of maples. i snagled them off thebay for $588 after the rebates, right at spot. i really dont know too much about this stuff but watch it a little because it is precious. ive always wanted to dabble with pd and when i saw these at spot it was a no brainer.

SevenEyedJeff
10-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Congrats on the snag 97! You got a great deal there.

I'm thinking about getting one or two from my local dealer; he wants spot + $40. I keep looking at that cup and handle on the 5 yr chart, plus the rumors of the Russian stockpile being exhausted...and it's making Pd very tempting.

Pd doesn't look like a metal for the faint of heart. The gains and the drops are HUGE. Might be a good vehicle for trading to/from gold on the peaks and troughs though....I'll ponder this.

johndaniels
10-16-2010, 01:02 PM
by picking up my first 2 pieces in the form of maples. i snagled them off thebay for $588 after the rebates, right at spot. i really dont know too much about this stuff but watch it a little because it is precious. ive always wanted to dabble with pd and when i saw these at spot it was a no brainer.

grab some pd 'n' bury it. see ya in 3-5 years.

ifionlyhadsomegold
10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Pd is not even overbought right now.

its also in the most aggressive uptrend.

i suggest coinage but bars are good too. palladium numismatics have the most room to run and with the US set to lauch a coin...

:)

never enough
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the club, 97guns.

I took the plunge in PD a year ago (for no good reason other than I didn't own any) and have never regretted it for a second.

I hope it works out as well for you as it has so far for me. ;)

Auric6
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Pd, truly a magic metal. The PAMP bars are beautiful. They should get a better profile of QE for the maple. Love the leaf though. Pricewise- hang on for the ride!

MoMoney
10-16-2010, 10:32 PM
In jewellry as of late, I've noticed they are plating silver over with palladium. They are also using wedding bands made of palladium too.
Could be a rather new-ish area of usage???

ifionlyhadsomegold
10-17-2010, 08:13 AM
In jewellry as of late, I've noticed they are plating silver over with palladium. They are also using wedding bands made of palladium too.
Could be a rather new-ish area of usage???

in the future it is all about the Pd.

:D

"money dont lie and neither do i"

"the proof in in the pudding, i mean price"

97guns
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
i just picked up another 2, paid a little more this time, 601.43 a pop

WastingMyMoneyOnPandas
10-18-2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Auric6;1108339] They should get a better profile of QE for the maple. QUOTE]

Or better yet a better looking person. Just about anybody would do.

PSUDave
10-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I also just joined the club, wanted to diversify a little.

UK Stacker
10-21-2010, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Auric6;1108339] They should get a better profile of QE for the maple. QUOTE]

Or better yet a better looking person. Just about anybody would do.

Really, what about prince Charles? Then we would have a cup and saucer every time we saw his ears on the coin!!!

97guns
10-24-2010, 10:08 AM
picked up another maple for $588.10, got a nice round 5 ounces now. i just did a quick calculation of my PM aloocation and its now

4% PD
40% AG
56% AU

ifionlyhadsomegold
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
congrats and nice stack!

it wouldnt hurt for you to pick up a few more oz. of Pd.

its getting harder to find and the price keeps going up. i would go as far as to say the street price is more stable than the paper price as well. just wait until the word gets out on it.

:D

UK Stacker
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
picked up another maple for $588.10, got a nice round 5 ounces now. i just did a quick calculation of my PM aloocation and its now

4% PD
40% AG
56% AU

by weight or by $?

97guns
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
By $ :d :d

SecretGoldfish
10-25-2010, 02:34 AM
i just did a quick calculation of my PM aloocation and its now . . .

-----

you realize that anyone investing 1 minute of math now knows what specific amounts of PM you hold, right?

just not sure you want that much transparency on a web site. maybe you don't care. i'm not the most paranoid person here, by a long shot . . . but still i wouldn't want anyone with web access to be able to figure out how much PM i'm sitting on.

disclosing percentages is fine i think. but disclosing dollar amounts held could be dangerous.

it's your metal. keep it that way.

UK Stacker
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
gold:56.63%
Silv:21.49%
Plat:2.76%
Pall:19.12%

These are by , I base my prices on the spot price even though i may be able to get some of the premium back. I'm quite excited about palladium, but its subject to VAT over here so hard to get at sensible prices.

merlinsword
10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
-----

you realize that anyone investing 1 minute of math now knows what specific amounts of PM you hold, right?

just not sure you want that much transparency on a web site. maybe you don't care. i'm not the most paranoid person here, by a long shot . . . but still i wouldn't want anyone with web access to be able to figure out how much PM i'm sitting on.

disclosing percentages is fine i think. but disclosing dollar amounts held could be dangerous.

it's your metal. keep it that way.[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID ! ! !
I have nightmares of evolved cellular-google/stupid gps email . . . and
hacker/thiefs creeping up as you are listing for an auction

Duck 007
10-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Paid $256 per ounce bought some AG, AU, & Pt as well at the time... Wish I loaded up on all PD then ;) That was my second purchase adding to the family stack.Well now we have some cash to spend & we are looking to make some more purchases... Hmmm more PD ??? Load up on AG with a little AU sprinkled in ??? Decisions Decisions .... Won't be going after Pt though that's for sure !!!
Good luck to all !!!

Gumby_5
10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Nice. I bought 1.5 oz in my pool account a while back just for fun and it is up 373.00. Every time I decide I am going to sell my initial investment and keep the profit riding it drops and I decide to just hold it then it goes back up to hire then it was before.

funmax
10-31-2010, 10:35 AM
pick up a couple maple over the weekend for a tat less that spot.