PDA

View Full Version : HL and CDE will take off with silver?

Tommy C
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
I've been waiting for this but who knows. I remind myself everytime I look at CDE that it is really a $1.71 stock and not a $17.10 stock because of the reverse split. I bought 5000 at .90 average price but now only have 500 shares.

So, when comparing HL to CDE the math is very important. My 5000 HL is worth a heck of a lot more than my 500 CDE, but I didn't get in soon enough on HL. My HL average is about $5.

No matter, HL has money in the bank and silver in the ground. It will come through. As will CDE, when the big bubble comes about.

I"m not a trader. I buy and hold. I hold some dogs too but some are shooting stars. MHR, (bought at .36) SSN (bought 5k at .26) KOG, RAME, LEI (at .70) Now that's Black Gold! Black Gold is just like Yellow Gold only messier.

Sold some way to early, too. UXG at .90 and sold at 2.50 and it's now over 5. Oh, well.

My only paper is USAGX. First bought at $15 sold at $23 then traded in and out using profits to by physical until I don't have much left, but what I do have now is $40! Now thats a good run!

DYODD! ;)

axxell33
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
I regret not getting into HL a bit earlier as well.. so I feel your tone. CDE keeps me on the edge of my seat.. I just can't seem to get a feel for it. Hecla has some very interesting options activity going on recently.. check those out. They feel very bullish to me.

One other that has peaked my interest recently is VGZ, Vista Gold Corp. They also have some interesting call options for Jan 2011 that make me feel very bullish.. and I like that on cheap stocks in a soaring market. Any thoughts?

Tommy C
09-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I regret not getting into HL a bit earlier as well.. so I feel your tone. CDE keeps me on the edge of my seat.. I just can't seem to get a feel for it. Hecla has some very interesting options activity going on recently.. check those out. They feel very bullish to me.

One other that has peaked my interest recently is VGZ, Vista Gold Corp. They also have some interesting call options for Jan 2011 that make me feel very bullish.. and I like that on cheap stocks in a soaring market. Any thoughts?

I couldn't find any info on VGZ, where is it traded? I made some profit on TRGD on a spike up but had not checked it in a while. Now its back down where I bought.

Tommy C
09-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow, that looks interesting! I'll read more and let ya know if I get some. Friend driving my car hit a deer and the insurance company totaled it and are sending me cash. What a deal, more that I could have got selling it or trading it! May drop a buck (pun intended) into VGZ. I'm an old prospectore and grubstaker at heart! (I like the black gold best thought)

axxell33
09-03-2010, 06:47 AM
So you found it?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VGZ

Theres a link for ya..

but I do see a lot of support making me feel very bullish.. a lot of call options for Dec!!!

axxell33
09-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Oh, and check the call options HL for Jan 11..

theres some 36,000 contracts out at $12.50!

Instigator Al
09-03-2010, 01:28 PM
This is the place to be. Ive been pumping HL here at Kitco since i bought it at 2.11 a share 18 months ago.

Wait until the third quarter number are posted. THey are going to knock the ball out of the park.

By year end this company will be sitting on a QUARTER BILLION IN CASH!

No debt, both mines right here in America.

SLW has had a nice run, but they are only as good as thier next contract.

If Silver breaks out to the high 20s, those contracts will be broken.

I could have sold my 7500 shares in DEC, for a nice gain, but im in this for the big one.

Go big or go home.

Al

Got Goldies
09-04-2010, 07:27 PM
CDE will report another 50 million dollar loss related to higher Gold prices, again, which a fact? CDE won't take off.

Hl is the place to be.

But don't count SLW out. Man, nobody thought SLW would be $24.

Got Goldies
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
HL is like the worst Silver stock I ever owned. When I first stated in Silver you could take 1 oz of Silver and buy 1 HL.

I never bought that much HL. Now 1 oz of Silver buys 4 shares of HL. I can get 4 x my money on HL, but it useless, they don't go up in price.

axxell33
09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Hl is the place to be.

but you just said this! Which is it?

Got Goldies
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
but you just said this! Which is it?

HL is the worst stock place to be. I did not like that 4.5% plunge from $6. That was a $600 drop in my account. HL was $12 when Silver price was $15.

Got Goldies
09-16-2010, 01:37 PM
CDE with the bad earnings is smoking HL.
I can't believe its $19 again. Its only $4 more dollars from where I sold it.

CDE is up 3%
HL is barely up anything.

Tommy C
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I just bought 1000 shares. Things will come together and people will be looking to own miners. Holy Smoke, they dig the stuff out of the ground for free!

CDE will get its day back in the spot light. I remember when CDE would flash across Squawk Box just about everyday. But it was way to rich for my blood back then, something like $60 or $70 dollars a share and no one was even buying silver. Someone took a bath, glad it wasn't me. So when I saw it at .64 cents then 70, then 90 I jumped in. The reverse split thing screws with the math but I can handle it.

Wish I had the cahonies to sell when GG did and then buy back, but I'll just hold for now.

I had never even heard of Hecla until I came here. Thanks guys! When I heard the CEO answer the question "will they consider changing the name" say in effect not no but hell no! I liked that. How can you go wrong with 100 mil in cash operating money. Every one else borrows like crazy. If I were CEO, I'd be buying my own silver! But then again I don't play what if very well.:rolleyes: