PDA

View Full Version : Fed to pump more money into economy

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Where are they finding all this money?

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Reserve on Tuesday said it would begin funneling proceeds from its maturing mortgage bonds into longer-term government debt in an effort to support a sputtering economic recovery.

Read more: http://www.financialpost.com/news/pump+more+money+into+economy/3381443/story.html#ixzz0wEum3y7J

Bernanke is a tightwad. Where is the 0% credit card offers!!

BlowAHoleInThatDoor
08-10-2010, 04:17 PM
A Printing Press Would Be My Gue$$

DenariiForMe
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Money's being printed, but very little of it's making its way into the real economy. Most of it has been used to buy worthless derivatives from the banks, who in turn deposited the money at the Fed. Or used to buy treasuries, and wasted in corruption. Printing is preventing deflation (by effectively preventing default through monetization), but it's not stimulating any economic activity. I think they will keep the banks and other corporations alive with more monetization, while they raise taxes and cut public spending to squeeze the productive part of the economy.

The PTB thinks like this; "on top of a booming world, great. On top of a pile of rubble...just as good....the main thing is to stay on top." ;)

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Ron Paul said Alan Greenspan turns off the credit and that is what causes a recession?

1:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rWcfHr8GM

DenariiForMe
08-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes, and? Credit expansion causes a boom. It will bust naturally at some point...or it will bust when the Fed raises interest rates and stops the expansion. Econ 101.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, and? Credit expansion causes a boom. It will bust naturally at some point...or it will bust when the Fed raises interest rates and stops the expansion. Econ 101.

This sucker busted when people couldn't get pre qualified for mortgages. I love listening to Alan Greenspan videos from 2000 to 2006.

DenariiForMe
08-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Right, it busted once the bottom of the credit barrel was scraped, and all the people without jobs or incomes already bought all the McMansions they wanted. That's what happens with a credit boom, or any other kind of bubble. Eventually, you run out of new buyers and the pyramid scheme collapses.

Ron Paul wasn't talking about the 2008 recession though, the video is from 2004. He was talking about the 2003 recession, which the Fed precipitated by raising interest rates.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Ron Paul wasn't talking about the 2008 recession though, the video is from 2004. He was talking about the 2003 recession, which the Fed precipitated by raising interest rates.

Yes, I know. He turns off the printers so prices will collapse on the suckers. This scheme has been going on since I was born.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 05:34 PM

When you flip the switch the only thing you can say is I'm surprised about what happened..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oLHfKjiQew

Its a good thing I studied his battle tactics and made ready to lay siege on cheap houses. It was because Greenspan had the guts to flip the switch (turn off printer) that homes went to fire sale.

The people who had purchased with other peoples money never owned a thing.

TXKajun
08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
C'mon folks. This is 2010. They don't need no stinkin' printin' presses! They got computers! Type in a $$$ number and there it is. No fuss, no muss.

Kajun

Spanky
08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Where are they finding all this money?

Bernanke is a tightwad. Where is the 0% credit card offers!!

The Banks are taking all of this "Easy" Money and buying up the Foreclosed Properties in the Area and therewith, the Local Banks that are carrying the Notes as well.
Great Scam in light of the fact that they caused the Defaults in the First Fawkin Place...just wish I had thought of it first...you'd all be living on the Streets by now....MUUUahhhhhaa. Snark!