PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke's job security could be in jeapordy if RP wins 2012

Silvercoin
07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Recently, Bernanke reversed course and said tax raises should be delayed and stimulus should continue. I cannot help but wonder if he suddenly woke up to the horrific thought that the economy will crash before Dec 2012 and Ron Paul might be elected as president if that happened - thus putting his job in jeapordy.

I don't think the day is far off.. or perhaps its here already.. where the federal reserve 'independance' aka secrecy is used to pick winners and losers not in the economy but in the political sphere.

----

It's too soon for austerity, Ben Bernanke tells Congress
• Federal Reserve chairman spurns UK and eurozone approach
• Bernanke insists 'we should maintain stimulus in the short term

The head of America's central bank, Ben Bernanke, warned against immediate European-style budget austerity measures yesterday when he insisted that withdrawing fiscal stimulus was too risky for the recession-threatened US economy.

In a second day of testimony to Congress, Bernanke said the Obama administration should delay measures to reduce Washington's record budget deficits by cutting spending or increasing taxes.

"I believe we should maintain our stimulus in the short term," Bernanke said, as the latest batch of economic data from the world's biggest economy showed an increase in weekly unemployment claims, a drop in home sales and the second easing of activity in three months.

Bernanke's opposition to fiscal retrenchment until economic recovery has been assured is in contrast to the approach favoured by Britain and the eurozone countries, where governments believe action to reduce budget deficits cannot be delayed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/jul/22/austerity-ben-bernanke

TwoHorses
07-31-2010, 10:41 PM
How can one imagine the profitability of the Federal Reserve?

1. Interest on debt. But once it's monetized do they get an ovveride or a placement fee?

Other ideas?

TedNugget
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Bernanke could get a CNBC host spot from 3:00 - 4:00pm no sweat.
Very employable.

I'm thinking that the opening segment could be on what not to audit.

Silvercoin
08-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I believe golden boy Tim Geithner is headed for a multi million dollar future after his stint in office. Banks will surely reward him for all the money he's passed to them.

I'm guessing 100 mil will be his starting salary.

Ykoun Cronleius
08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I believe golden boy Tim Geithner is headed for a multi million dollar future after his stint in office. Banks will surely reward him for all the money he's passed to them.

I'm guessing 100 mil will be his starting salary.

Unless he's publicly hung for treason...

torpedoman
08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
if RP was to be elected we would have to build more prisons to house all the bankers and everyone connected with the fed.

Born2beFree
08-01-2010, 10:57 PM
if RP was to be elected we would have to build more prisons to house all the bankers and everyone connected with the fed.
We could throw them all back where they came from.
http://www.eoedigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Money-Hole.jpg

Economics 101, you have to throw money into a giant hole and set it on fire to make money. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ

mrearlygold
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM

Not at all. All the non violent pot offenders will be released, as they should be which would open the prisons to house criminals instead.