PDA

View Full Version : HL mining

ILUVPMs
05-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi Team,

Ive been watching HL get clobbered and am wondering what a good buying price would be. I use to own this stock at 5.20 and sold out at 6. Just thinking of a good entry point. Opinions are definitely welcomed!!!

Gunslingerdoc
05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Wondering the same thing - looks like Ag is not doing so hot so might be worth waiting...Id rather buy going up then down...

Gunslingerdoc
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Wondering the same thing - looks like Ag is not doing so hot so might be worth waiting...Id rather buy going up then down...

Instigator Al
05-25-2010, 05:30 PM
The time to buy HL is now. This is one of the most undervalued stocks out there.

If and when the shenanigans in the Silver market ever cease, THIS STOCK WILL FLY SO HARD AND SO FAST YOUR FREAKIN HEAD WILL SPIN!

GDAY2U
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Team,

. I use to own this stock at 5.20 and sold out at 6. !!!
I used to own this stock at 6 and sold out at 5.20, :eek: I found out I couldn't win em all, suprize suprize suprize

TradingTrends
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
This could be worth picking some up at this price, but the technicals are mounted against you. I think all stocks are still going to trade sideways and down for some time, maybe even until the October / November timeframe. The internals need to turn in our favor before we can expect a meaninful advance. But when it does turn, it will explode. I think this will be a $15 stock this time next year. But do you buy it now and risk seeing the price drop to $3 or pick a little now and wait til confirmation to go all in? I'm going with the latter.

http://trading-trends.com/custom/05152010/524/HL1.png

Got Goldies
08-07-2010, 01:55 PM
The time to buy HL is now. This is one of the most undervalued stocks out there.

If and when the shenanigans in the Silver market ever cease, THIS STOCK WILL FLY SO HARD AND SO FAST YOUR FREAKIN HEAD WILL SPIN!

INstigator will tell you when to buy, but never when to sell.

Yup no more buyers :rolleyes: No one can know the future , but it sure looks like HL has a new floor at 6.

He has a terrible sense of timing.

HL is a buy at $4 and below.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
HL won't reach $7.

Mats Wheellander
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
If it reaches 30$ I can retire.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm shocked that SLW is $20.00 a share with the same kind of earnings. Al, what do you think is going on?
AL, is SLW in a bubble?

Instigator Al
08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Are you baiting me GG ?

Oh well ill take the bait.

HL issued warrants and additional stock to help pay for their purchase of Greens Creek in 2008 just as the stock market was crashing.

After the market crashed i was patient,and waithed. The first thing i did was buy SLW at 3 dollars a share.

I sold it at 7 dollars. Huge mistake on my part. SLW then ran all the way to 20.

So i looked for other miners that were on sale. Got HL at 2 dollars a share.

Maybe i should have sold when it hit 7 plus in December, but i did not. Here is why.

HL at the time,had a massive short position. Even when the stock hit 7.40,the shorts did not cover,that is why i did not sell.

The massive short position is still in place. The reason why is this.

The short position is an arbitrage against the warrants. All of the remaining warrants will be gone in January. This will also coincide with the strongest time of the year for Silver.

I was up almost 20,000 dollars on HL but did not sell. Am i pig? Maybe so, but i did not want to make the same mistake with HL that i made with SLW.

I want to hit the jack pot, and 20,000 aint no jack pot. Im in this until the shorts cover ,and silver runs.

If that happens at the same time,this stock could skyrocket.

SLW on the other hand has already made its big move, and it is also trading at over 40 times earnings. HL is trading around 16 times earnings. Way more potential in my opinion.

No i dont think SLW is a bubble, but itno longer has the upside potential in my opinion.

tenashus1
08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I held HL for months, rooting and rooting for it, while others stocks went up. Why did I do that? The execs were either lucky or smart or something. They got out at the high. How did they manage to do that? I finally did the smart thing for myself and got out with a smidgen of a profit. I've done better since then thank heavens. HL is a distraction - not an investment.

Got Goldies
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Al, I want to see your HL reach for $20 like SLW. Thanx for all your help. That crazy Wheeler has struck out for the last time.

Instigator Al
08-11-2010, 08:41 AM
HL CEO is appearing on CNBC this morning. Should be interesting.

Ill be recording it to be sure.

Got Goldies
08-11-2010, 01:28 PM
HL CEO is appearing on CNBC this morning. Should be interesting.

Ill be recording it to be sure.

Do you have any you tube of him? I don't know who he is.

Got Goldies
08-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm ready for HL, with blockbuster earnings, to go back to $7.50.

axxell33
08-18-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm ready for HL, with blockbuster earnings, to go back to $7.50.

Hi all.. lurking here for a while and ran across some info while researching HL.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=HL&m=2011-01

Take a look at Jan 2011 for $12.50.. 36,000 contracts..

I would also like to point out the number of contracts struck at $7.50.. so I agree with Goldies here.

about 9 months ago, when HL was $2 a share, a large amount of options was also bought.. about 40,000 that time.

Would like to hear your opinions.. I'm learning!

Got Goldies
08-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Axx, I don't know, I even looked at the HL chart and can't see anything special about it.

But, HL is a fool favorite right now.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/08/13/a-mighty-attractive-metals-stock.aspx

Fool favorite Hecla Mining (NYSE: HL) produced a more astonishing margin of $20.78 per ounce in the quarter thanks to negative production costs (after by-product credits

And SLW is:

Silver Wheaton shares have appreciated nearly 700% since I highlighted an unmistakable opportunity back in 2008

And CDE is:

For serious silver investors stymied by disappointing bottom-line results from Coeur d'Alene Mines (NYSE: CDE), Silver Wheaton provides a rock of unflappable profitability to stand upon.

I've narrowed my choice down to fool favorite..

axxell33
08-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Axx, I don't know, I even looked at the HL chart and can't see anything special about it.

But, HL is a fool favorite right now.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/08/13/a-mighty-attractive-metals-stock.aspx

Thanks for the fool link

36,000 is a really big number for open interest contracts on this company..

HL has two cash producing mines, no debt, and are very profitable. 36k is out of the norm.. just gave me the feeling that perhaps someone (perhaps a larger shareholder) may know of a new acquisition for HL or perhaps a buyout?

just a tidbit to add to the HL drama..

either way, I'm in

Got Goldies
08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
HL is a deadbeat stock, CDE is up 5%. It pays to lose 50 million a quarter? HL is crummy.

axxell33
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
HL is a deadbeat stock, CDE is up 5%. It pays to lose 50 million a quarter?

let me know how CDE works out for you =)

Got Goldies
08-19-2010, 01:55 PM
let me know how CDE works out for you =)

I sold it for $15.49 on bad earnings. Now its almost $17. HL is crummiest.

axxell33
08-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I sold it for $15.49 on bad earnings. Now its almost $17. HL is crummiest.

hindsight is 20/20 my friend..

When we hit the double dip, which we all know is coming.. they won't recover like the rest. Investors just like yourself will have lost faith..

There's somethign odd propping them up right now.. but my bet is that it won't last long.

Got Goldies
08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
hindsight is 20/20 my friend..

When we hit the double dip, which we all know is coming.. they won't recover like the rest. Investors just like yourself will have lost faith..

There's somethign odd propping them up right now.. but my bet is that it won't last long.

Wheeler read what I did (sold for $500 loss) and is making a fool out of me. I think HL should be higher than it is.

axxell33
08-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Wheeler read what I did (sold for $500 loss) and is making a fool out of me. I think HL should be higher than it is.

I like HL.. I don't have a huge position in it because I'm still getting a feel for the industry, but my gut says hang on.. atleast until first of the year.

Got Goldies
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I like HL.. I don't have a huge position in it because I'm still getting a feel for the industry, but my gut says hang on.. atleast until first of the year.

Maybe I should dump HL? That seems to fix anything. GG pushing "Dump now" button. CDE is better?

axxell33
08-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe I should dump HL? That seems to fix anything.

no guts no glory..

no pain no gain..

put on your poker face and sit tight..

then again it's gonna be a bumpy fall from everything I can gather. If you're second guessing now.. wooooo, better head to the liquor store

Got Goldies
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Silver will outperform HL. Its time to get out?

easy8
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Comparing the upside potential, CDE is better than HL. DYODD

Got Goldies
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Comparing the upside potential, CDE is better than HL. DYODD

You are a wise guy? CDE is a joke. I think its going back to $3. The higher the metals go, the more of a loss Wheeler will post.

HL? Its not going to outperform Silver.

axxell33
08-23-2010, 02:58 PM

on what basis are you making this claim? I'm not disputing you, I would just like to know why you are coming to this conclusion.

Got Goldies
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM
on what basis are you making this claim? I'm not disputing you, I would just like to know why you are coming to this conclusion.

I have seen it over and over and over. Only one time did the Silver miner outperform Silver. 2003 to 2004.

SLW don't count. That is not a miner.

easy8
08-23-2010, 03:02 PM
You are a wise guy? CDE is a joke. I think its going back to $3. The higher the metals go, the more of a loss Wheeler will post.

HL? Its not going to outperform Silver.

CDE will never get to $3.00... the worst it can get is.. ahh... may be $3.05... LOL.

easy8
08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
.... The higher the metals go, the more of a loss Wheeler will post....

ps, you got this one right... LOL.

Gert_Ryc
08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
I have seen it over and over and over. Only one time did the Silver miner outperform Silver. 2003 to 2004.

SLW don't count. That is not a miner.

So you say it's better to buy physical silver?

axxell33
08-23-2010, 03:20 PM
depends on your objectives..

wanna hedge against inflation and protect your wealth, then buy bullion.

If you want to buy into a company, then nothing is guaranteed. I suggest a dose of both based on what you can afford and what your nerves will allow you to get away with..

I haven't had a heart attack yet, but some days I feel like I am close..

easy8
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
So you say it's better to buy physical silver?

I think GG is saying "BUY SLW".....

Gert_Ryc
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM

:) Yes I know. And it is definitely a good company. But I do not own it.

Got Goldies
08-23-2010, 04:04 PM

GG guru (GGG) is saying to load up on SLW.

HL has too many puts paying up. Nobody thought HL would drop from $7.40 to $4.80 in a few months.

Gunslingerdoc
08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I took my .32/share profit (I bought earlier this week) and sold it with AUY, and FAS around 11am...waited and watched and bought FAZ on its dips...Still liking SLW but too pricey for me...waiting for another drop to buy it.

I trade in and out of HL as it always seems good for a ST 4-8% gain over a few days...its known and the herd likes to buy and sell it, so I try to profit from it.

Got Goldies
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Something set HL off TTM. Its up a lot of Cash. What is causing this?

Instigator Al
08-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Something set HL off TTM. Its up a lot of Cash. What is causing this?

Hundreds of millions in the bank:eek:

Producing 11 million ounces of silver at 1 dollar an ounce year on year :eek:

Both producing mines right here in America:eek:

No debt:eek:

Decades of reserves !

I will hold this until silver breaks out .

No where else to put retirement funds.

The crooks can have my shares for ten dollars.

axxell33
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I still think something is up with 36,000 open interest contracts for January..

Does an insider know whats happening? merger? buyout?

either way, for all the reasons Al listed above.. I'm still holding here.

Got Goldies
08-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Al, please stop buying HL. Its not time for you to buy, yet.

Instigator Al
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Al, please stop buying HL. Its not time for you to buy, yet.

Just heard HL mentioned on CNBC:eek:

As stated by axxell,they reprted over 30,000 open interest contracts sold for January ? :eek:

I do not get faked out. As we have discussed in the past, yes i could have sold at 7.40 but why do that ?

Fundamentals always rule in the end GG.

You can't have my shares.

Long 7,000 shares for way under 5 dollars.

Got Goldies
08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Just heard HL mentioned on CNBC:eek:

As stated by axxell,they reprted over 30,000 open interest contracts sold for January ? :eek:

I do not get faked out. As we have discussed in the past, yes i could have sold at 7.40 but why do that ?

Fundamentals always rule in the end GG.

You can't have my shares.

Long 7,000 shares for way under 5 dollars.

You shoulda sold HL last NOV and doubled your shares like me on the plunge. I hope you don't fall in love with stocks.

EDIT: Al, back in NOV you had 4500 shares?

I'm down to 1700.

Howd you get so many so fast?

You have deep pockets?

I spent half my HL on my home. But its better than nothing.

I have to rebuild, Al. I'm kind of tapped out.

I remember back in 2002 how I couldn't afford 500 shares of HL.

That's because Silver was $4.10.

Them was the days I was broke.

Do people read us , Al?

Silver is four times the price of HL and I feel rich.

Its a good thing I didn't "go all" in on HL.

Al, we both know HL will never reach $13 ever again. They are not bringing 'in' enough profits like Silver Wheaton is.

My Guru says to purchase SLW instead of HL. He says SLW has a chance at $100.

Even CDE, who is losing $1.40 per share, is way above $17

Hl just don't have what it takes.

I think the managers of HL should sell again. They should sell their shares like they did at $7.00.

Ahhh, CDE going to reach $27 before HL can get to $6, anyways.

This is my record HL rant.