PDA

View Full Version : When Compared to GLD & SLV is Rhodium a good investment?

cha1biking
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I am totally clueless about rhodium. I appears to be a good investment at only 3k considering in 2008 it was 10k. I know it's used in nuclear testing, but that's about it. Can someone please write a quick paragraph or two of why it is / is not a good investment. Thanks! :p

SilverSurferRidingTheWave
05-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Short answer - Rhodium is crap.

GoldBullDog
05-20-2010, 07:08 AM
If you bought rhodium in July 2008, you are cursing God and his mama right about now.

If you bought it in December 2008 after the epic rhodium crash, you are a happy individual.

If you bought it one month ago (the middle of April 2010), you're not so happy.

If you bought two months ago, you're right where you started.

Personally, I'd stick with gold and silver until I know more about what rhodium is and why it matters.

Legio Patria Nostra
05-20-2010, 08:43 AM
On the original question ... for or against Rhodium ... I guess that answer depends on your personal vision of the future .... Why ?

Well... The primary use of Rhodium is in cars as a catalytic converter ( between 60 - 80 % ) ... So do you see a long future for the conbustible engine car as we know it ... or is it electric cars ...

A second use is in Space-projects .... heat-schields ... sensors ... electronics ... Do you see a long future in Space-travel as we know it ( the US is stopping his Shuttle-project ) ... are we going to make some progress ? Developing new technics ?

Third use is mostly medical .... ( 1 - 2 % ) .... since this world is developing so fast , I think it's impossible to tell what it's going to do .... but most likely this has nothing to do with rhodium .

So the question on Rhodium would be .... gas in cars ?