PDA

View Full Version : New Palladium Buyer, Physical and Pool!

Silver Dog
01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Sent my check today for my first purchase of palladium. Just 2 ounces but you have to start somewhere. And while I was at it I purchased one ounce of palladium on the Kitco Pool. This was my very first pool purchase on any metal, period. I thought for sure I'd buy silver or gold pool before palladium, but there you go. I actually had a friend talk me into purchasing palladium. Usually I am the one trying to talk a friend into PM buying not the other way around. Of course the price immediately went down and I purchased at the high for the week so far. :o I plan to dollar cost average over the next year, so no worries. So far I own no platinum except for what is in my car's catalytic converter.

Just what I needed, having to check prices daily on three metals instead of two and also having to read an area of this forum I never even gave a look before today.

Carssman
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
welcome to the PD board my friend

Or should I say,

Welcome to the Bull run.....

I hope she treats you as good as she has treated me... Ohh lady fortuna how I love the

marscrumbs
01-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I think pool and spot prices of all precious metals were unusually low in the early months of 2009 as people feared that commercial housed could be going under and not honor paper. It was also so hard to get physical metal in your hands so had a high premium if you could find it. Thus our tables for 2009 do not reflect the perverse time period in the market place of real market prices. Life is more normal now.

Forest
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the darkside. Palladium isn't pretty. Most people don't wear it and no one comes up with all kinds of minting varieties to wonder over.

There is this ....ummm.... one thing it does better than anything else. Minor thing really. Hardly worth mentioning.

IT FREAKING SKYROCKETS!!!

SUMOSABE
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.kitco.com/images/live/plad.gif

You go baby - green line looks like my ekg.........:D

MyBids
01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Just try not to get PD crazy like silver crazy.

I'm ahead on just 2 out of 4 oz of PD in my Kitco pool and behind on all
5 of the physical ozs. I bought going into the rise back in the winter and
spring of 2008.

marscrumbs
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the darkside. Palladium isn't pretty. Most people don't wear it and no one comes up with all kinds of minting varieties to wonder over.

What? You don't wear your palladium shirner scimatar pins or dental fillings?
Palladium coins excluding Maples are real rarities.

merlinsword
01-14-2010, 09:15 PM
There IS a ( can you trust the FORIEGNERS ) web site that lists the

mintage of ALL palladium coins...you can click 'em an SEE them all. A guy on

the site that rhymes with ' notfreebay ' linked me up. After google spit out

90% of the link, what it hit on was : rene-finn.de

....sail me off to Tonga...

good luck , Frank ( am I 13 of 14 folks now ? )

THOUSANDS WILL FOLLOW US

Forest
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM
One other thing, you now get to become familiar with the 'palladium stink eye'.

Go in to your local coin shop and start discussing pms. Then bring up that you have gotten into palladium. You'll get the 'must be some kind of nut' look, and thats saying something when speaking of coin shop owners.

Fun at parties. You'll be buzzkill central when you start yakking up palladium. No one will have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Best of all, when the s finally htf and we're toting pushcarts over the burnt out terrain with all our possessions. While you won't be able to buy bread with palladium, (don't even try, you'll get shot) you will be the envy of the ghetto when you produce your very own catalytic converter. So...yeah.

oober
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
One other thing, you now get to become familiar with the 'palladium stink eye'.

Go in to your local coin shop and start discussing pms. Then bring up that you have gotten into palladium. You'll get the 'must be some kind of nut' look, and thats saying something when speaking of coin shop owners.

Fun at parties. You'll be buzzkill central when you start yakking up palladium. No one will have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Best of all, when the s finally htf and we're toting pushcarts over the burnt out terrain with all our possessions. While you won't be able to buy bread with palladium, (don't even try, you'll get shot) you will be the envy of the ghetto when you produce your very own catalytic converter. So...yeah.

Did you sell recently. PD is running mad!!!

Spike
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Yea I blew it..

Can't join the palladium club. I knew when palladium was under $300 that I should start a bit of a pile, but my local dealer looked at me wierd when I asked him if he had any...got lazy, and the rest is history.

Damn

Silver Dog
01-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I guess my palladium will be my hedge against the SHTF scenario. It seems like a metal that a chemistry geek would purchase for investment. I was a Chemical Engineering major in college and fell 3 hours short of a degree. If you knew what I do now you would laugh your ass off. Hint: It still involves chemistry and distillation but I retail the products thereof.

oober
01-15-2010, 12:05 AM
I guess my palladium will be my hedge against the SHTF scenario. It seems like a metal that a chemistry geek would purchase for investment. I was a Chemical Engineering major in college and fell 3 hours short of a degree. If you knew what I do now you would laugh your ass off. Hint: It still involves chemistry and distillation but I retail the products thereof.

Some bootlegging also?

Silver Dog
01-15-2010, 08:10 PM
:D You are getting warmer. What I do is legal.