PDA

View Full Version : Why so much?

anthonydr2
11-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Pd is up $70+ vs the week including first 2 days of Oct.

Gold is up maybe $30, silver $1.5 and Pt a little more than $100.

That's nearly a 25% bump up for Pd and under 10% for all 3 of the other PMs....

Anyone with insight into why Pd has done so much better than the others lately?

dissident
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Russian stockpiles of palladium which has supplemented the supply to the tune of 1-2 million ounces per year for the last 15 years or more have run out perhaps... just a guess.

Palladium is as useful as platinum and a good substitute at low prices. It seems logical to me going forward given they are both equally scarce, and the knowledge of palladium is even spreading to the sheep via jewelers who use it to make wedding rings, that palladium going forward is going to trade much closer to the price of platinum.

Palladium has hit the mainstream, relatively speaking, it's here and here to stay. The increased awareness alone should be enough to break the price from historical ratios with platinum.

anthonydr2
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Anyone have data supporting a reduction in supply from Russia?

I guess the rest of the message is, "it's here, it's less queer (as in unusual), get used to it!"

SUMOSABE
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Russian stockpiles of palladium which has supplemented the supply to the tune of 1-2 million ounces per year for the last 15 years or more have run out perhaps... just a guess.

Palladium is as useful as platinum and a good substitute at low prices. It seems logical to me going forward given they are both equally scarce, and the knowledge of palladium is even spreading to the sheep via jewelers who use it to make wedding rings, that palladium going forward is going to trade much closer to the price of platinum.

Palladium has hit the mainstream, relatively speaking, it's here and here to stay. The increased awareness alone should be enough to break the price from historical ratios with platinum.

pls, stop toying with my emotions.........:)

anthonydr2
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Pd and Ag both up 5% today

Au 1%, Pt 2% -- any data or articles supporting the past 4 week tear Pd is on relative to other PMs?

quitsurfing
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
lets just all forget about it and stop talking no need to draw attention

Forest
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
PD bites, thats why nobody talks about it or buys it.

I bought at 277 market (plus bs premium) in August, now its 373. What a rip?
:cool:

Palladium buyers are the guys in the dark, empty room behind the gambling parlor counting their wad of bills whilst all the drunkards only think they are winning big. Waaa uh waaaa uh waaaaa, waaaa waaaa waaaa (The Good The Bad and the Ugly)

goldiebob
11-16-2009, 02:25 PM
PD bites, thats why nobody talks about it or buys it.

I bought at 277 market (plus bs premium) in August, now its 373. What a rip?
:cool:

Palladium buyers are the guys in the dark, empty room behind the gambling parlor counting their wad of bills whilst all the drunkards only think they are winning big. Waaa uh waaaa uh waaaaa, waaaa waaaa waaaa (The Good The Bad and the Ugly)

If your post is not going to make sense or help out the discussion, why do you waste your time and ours? Maybe it is sarcastic. I am Canadian, I don't get
sarcasm.

goldiebob
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
The Palladium ETF (PALL) is approved and set to launch.
All the previous metals ETF launches were preceded by some speculative
runup in the underlying metal. Maybe the ETF itself has to load up in advance
of the launch. It is a thinly traded commodity and it does not take much
to have it swinging up and down.
In addition to not being sarcastic, I am not paranoid. I don't really worry about
manipulation of Silver and Palladium. I just try and figure out how to make money on it and Palladium has worked out nicely, both up and down.
I buy and hold Gold. I am in and out of Palladium enough to keep the
USPS, eBay and Bullion Direct (and the IRS) in business.

And....I don't ever lie, or use icons:D

Forest
11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
If your post is not going to make sense or help out the discussion, why do you waste your time and ours? Maybe it is sarcastic. I am Canadian, I don't get
sarcasm.

If you can't guess, even ponder, that a 100 dollar per ounce shift in spot on something in 3 months (would compare to a 300 dollar ups in gold and they are going nuts at almost 200) is something I am upset about, then yes, you are Canadian.

You might be interested in a metal called Canadium. It just sits there and doesn't move. At least you can't lose.

Forest
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I am a bit giddy ok? I bought 10 oz in August.

Course its easy come, easy go.

goldiebob
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
If you can't guess, even ponder, that a 100 dollar per ounce shift in spot on something in 3 months (would compare to a 300 dollar ups in gold and they are going nuts at almost 200) is something I am upset about, then yes, you are Canadian.

You might be interested in a metal called Canadium. It just sits there and doesn't move. At least you can't lose.

Sarcasm is a sign of weakness and insecurity. But then I can understand the inferiority complex of folks from the U.S. cause the World loves us Canadians.

And...did you know that the word gullible is not in the dictionary?

marscrumbs
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
I bought some Pd maple leaves when palladium spot was $178oz. Unfortunately the premimums were so high that theses precentage profits weren't reflected in this bull run up. The bottom prices this year was artificial though some must have made a paper killing. Still it was an ego boost, but I rather the market not be so high as I would love to buy more, which I won't be doing now.

preciousheart
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
...Gold is up maybe $30...

Uhhhhhh, I believe Gold is up over $130 since early October.

anthonydr2
11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Yah, missed the 1 on 130, still is within the 10%...no change.

anthonydr2
11-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Well I guess the market responded with an "ooops" and a correction to Pd relative to Au and Ag, now it's not so far out of balance for recent progress