PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Buy Pd as Thier PM of Choice?

AGphillic
10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Just wondering. Just got into a Pool account, and was thinking about starting to get a little Pd rather than just all Ag for diversification. Au doesn't move enough for me and is too expensive, and Pt is just too expensive. So that leaves me the Ag and Pd...

MT Freeman
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
There really hasn't been any correction to Pd since early this year. You'd think it would consolidate again. Not sure I'm ready to buy again at this price.

IveGotTheNuts
10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
There really hasn't been any correction to Pd since early this year. You'd think it would consolidate again. Not sure I'm ready to buy again at this price.

All my Au is under 550 USD Oz. All my Ag is under 10 USD Oz. All my Pd is under 350 USD OZ. But my Pd holdingds are triple my combined totals of Au and Ag. And im still buying Pd. SO yup I am and will continue to buy Pd while it is three times cheaper than Au.

MT Freeman
10-30-2009, 01:18 AM
All my Au is under 550 USD Oz. All my Ag is under 10 USD Oz. All my Pd is under 350 USD OZ. But my Pd holdingds are triple my combined totals of Au and Ag. And im still buying Pd. SO yup I am and will continue to buy Pd while it is three times cheaper than Au.

I don't see the correlation of gold price to palladium price other than they are both metals you can invest in. In my opinion Au works with a crappy economy and Pd works with a good economy. That's why I'm in both. Not sure about Ag other than it shadows gold and tends to be the most volatile thing out there. I especially look forward to one of those short supply run-ups for Pd that's bound to be coming again soon. You never know what those Ruskies are up to though.

With the Obama lunatics running the asylum I'd expect to see someone in the White House start pushing for ultra higher emission standards on anything that runs on fossil fuels. That bodes well for PGM of all kinds.

never enough
11-06-2009, 04:56 PM
If and when Pd dips below $300 again I'm backing up da truck.

zlota
11-07-2009, 01:22 AM
For me so far best return is on palladium. I wish I pulled my head from behind at $180 and back in my 3500 diesel.

PiVi1962
11-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Just wondering. Just got into a Pool account, and was thinking about starting to get a little Pd rather than just all Ag for diversification. Au doesn't move enough for me and is too expensive, and Pt is just too expensive. So that leaves me the Ag and Pd...

What do you mean by writng "too expensive"?
Do you think that a company whose shares are worth 1$ each is cheaper than a company whose shares are 100$ each?
In pool accounts you can buy fractions of PMs, so really I don't see the point.

Starting
11-07-2009, 04:25 PM
You two are right on my same page. Pd has HUGE potential both sides of the aisle, so to speak. Though I better shut up before others notice, price goes up speculatively, and I get stuck with higher prices before I've bought in sufficiently :)