PDA

View Full Version : Best Place (lowest premium) to Purchase Palladium?

arb7445
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

New to the PM world as of about 5 months ago (decent timing it seemed as well) and am now looking to add a small amount 1-5ozs of Palladium to my "stack".

My biggest question is that is there anything better than $60 over spot from A***X? Unfortunately Kitco does not stock it frequently (haven't seen any in 6 months since I've been around). Tulving has Spot +$29 but I don't feel comfortable buying the 20oz min haha.

Just figure I'd check to see if there is somewhere I have missed...not doing ebay!

Thanks,

A.B.

Carssman
05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
N.w.tom is minty good aND DELICIOUS. lOWEST PREMIUMS AROUND W/O HAVING TO BUY 20 OZ'S WORTH/ If, (big question) you are willing to wait the time it takes to ship your physical. Currently 6-8 weeks, which isnt bad. I waited 14 weeks for my PT. Actually they Just shipped it out yesterday:D I am pumped to get it finally even though it has lost all of its gains in the last 2 months. I was sitting with a huge grin, Can't say that now. :mad: It will come back oneday so i am not worried, Plus its a long term investment. I Also purchased 10 pamp PD bars and I should be getting them within the month. Just to let you know, you will not find PD anything other than Pamps at the moment through N.W.Tom. Actually I think you would be hard pressed to find anything anywhere other than this site on the forum of fleabay.

Cheers and welcome

Hello Everyone,

New to the PM world as of about 5 months ago (decent timing it seemed as well) and am now looking to add a small amount 1-5ozs of Palladium to my "stack".

My biggest question is that is there anything better than $60 over spot from A***X? Unfortunately Kitco does not stock it frequently (haven't seen any in 6 months since I've been around). Tulving has Spot +$29 but I don't feel comfortable buying the 20oz min haha.

Just figure I'd check to see if there is somewhere I have missed...not doing ebay!

Thanks,

A.B.

NolaM
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Send Kitco an Email. Lots of stuff doesn't get posted on the website.
But low volume, they could probably source for you.

Ag gnostic
05-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Send Kitco an Email. Lots of stuff doesn't get posted on the website.
But low volume, they could probably source for you.

Do you think it could be at a lower markup than mentioned in the 1st post? I've been thinking about low volume Palladium also, but the markups scare me off every time.

Carssman
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Do you think it could be at a lower markup than mentioned in the 1st post? I've been thinking about low volume Palladium also, but the markups scare me off every time.

Just think though when Pt gets too expensive and they change out Converters to PD once again. A 40 dollar mark up will be peanuts when pd hits 600.

I have called kitco may times and asked if they had even a few ounces of PD. answer was always NO. I do live in Canada, Might have some in thier US vaults.

arb7445
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
The only issue I can see with Kitco providing it at a small volume would be shipping. I'm guessing if you only order a few 1 or 2 or 3 bars if they had it shipping will be in the $30 area. Just a guess based off silver and gold shipping prices.

Of course NWTM has a $20 shipping charge for 1->5 bars.

I think if you want to hold (like I am) NWTM is going to be your best "deal" however I think it'll only be cheaper by about $5/oz compared to Apmex who gets it to you in about 2 weeks and not 6->8->14. But hey $5 for 2 oz is $10 which adds up.

A.B.

goldiebob
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Tulving always has the lowest premium, if you buy 20 oz, which you should.

Ag gnostic
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Just think though when Pt gets too expensive and they change out Converters to PD once again. A 40 dollar mark up will be peanuts when pd hits 600.
I managed to talk myself into buying an ounce. I think if pricing were on natural scarcity alone it's ratio to gold & platinum ought to price it higher than it is right now in relation to the other two's prices.

arb7445
05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately buying 20oz is a little out of my spare cash realm...so 2 oz will have to do. Decided I'm impatient and ordered from Apmex with a couple random silver pieces.

Thanks all...figured it couldn't hurt to see if there was a secret source for $30 over with no minimum.

A.B.

goldiebob
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
The lowest prices currently are on Nucleo at Bullion Direct.
Put in an offer and see how it goes.
If you check the trading chart there, the premium has been a little under
$40. Plus you will pay 1 % commission and shipping, or store for free.

lorax2013
06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I've got a better idea - buy and sell at spot by taking delivery from Comex. Unfortunately you have to buy 100 troy oz.