PDA

View Full Version : Palladium thoughts

SilverBullion
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
i have been kicking around the thought of picking up some 1 oz bars.do most of you in here feel palladium is a sound investment right now?i am just looking to diversify with my silver,and your input is appreciated. thanks guys

hugo_danner
04-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Helpful hint: read the other threads!

SilverBullion
04-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Helpful hint: read the other threads!

gee,thanks for the heads up......been doing that,and if i got a clear answer on what i should be doing,i would not have asked!

Carssman
04-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Great for a future turnaround, That is why i diversified. Think of the fundamentals. Its a cheap entry level PGM, "well sort of" cheaper than PT. Its a green metal. There will be no shortage of emmision standards in the future. China/India will move towards greener cleaner cars. All the above makes scense to own a few bars. Not to mention, $175 was its bottom. Its only going to go back up. Once the Auto industry turns for the better. PT will become far too expensive, and Auto makers like they have a number of times in the past will turn to PD for the Catalyst apps. Just a matter of time.

Do not think this will be a short term. Long haul for PD, but a potential fortune.

SilverBullion
04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Great for a future turnaround, That is why i diversified. Think of the fundamentals. Its a cheap entry level PGM, "well sort of" cheaper than PT. Its a green metal. There will be no shortage of emmision standards in the future. China/India will move towards greener cleaner cars. All the above makes scense to own a few bars. Not to mention, $175 was its bottom. Its only going to go back up. Once the Auto industry turns for the better. PT will become far too expensive, and Auto makers like they have a number of times in the past will turn to PD for the Catalyst apps. Just a matter of time.

Do not think this will be a short term. Long haul for PD, but a potential fortune.thanks man

marscrumbs
04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I suppose for every bar we hoard, that's one less ounce available to clean the air else we are driving up the prices. Or we are keeping the mines open so that there will be palladium available. Depends how you look at it.

goforgold
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I have several 10 Ounce Freshly Poured Palladium PAMP Suisse Bars for sale at Spot +27 per ounce shipped (best price out there-cheaper than tulving.com)

I personally own quite a bit of palladium as I think she will hit $300 quite soon.

pmstacker
04-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Then why are you selling? That doesn't make sense.

SilverBullion
04-03-2009, 05:11 AM
i was wondering the same thing.....i picked up 5 new 1 oz bars for 235.00 yesterday

goforgold
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
It does make sense because part of what I do is buy and sell. I always store some for my personal investment, but I like to buy and sell as well (it is fun and it gives people in this forum and other places a way to get good deals since generally I have some of the cheapest prices around-not always, but generally) :)

You see, I watch the charts to determine what looks like good buy in areas and then will buy in and when it starts to move up, I will sell some and buy some more when I find another good deal. I think there are a lot of people in the forum who do the same thing.

pmstacker
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
But if you sense 300/oz soon, then why would you sell any now? Are you predicting a big dip before takeoff, or are you just saying that so people will jump on board now? Personally I like palladiums potential, but i'm not easily swayed by someone selling it.

Carssman
04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=goforgold;612161]It does make sense because part of what I do is buy and sell. I always store some for my personal investment, but I like to buy and sell as well (it is fun and it gives people in this forum and other places a way to get good deals since generally I have some of the cheapest prices around-not always, but generally) :)

You see, I watch the charts to determine what looks like good buy in areas and then will buy in and when it starts to move up, I will sell some and buy some more when I find another good deal. I think there are a lot of people in the forum who do the same thing.[/QUOY

You Rock Goforgold,. Keep it up. WE could all use more realistic bullion dealers, even if they are doing it for fun and to help others out.

bond0007
04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
i was wondering the same thing.....i picked up 5 new 1 oz bars for 235.00 yesterday

are there any more for sale at that price?

pmstacker
04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=goforgold;612161]It does make sense because part of what I do is buy and sell. I always store some for my personal investment, but I like to buy and sell as well (it is fun and it gives people in this forum and other places a way to get good deals since generally I have some of the cheapest prices around-not always, but generally) :)

You see, I watch the charts to determine what looks like good buy in areas and then will buy in and when it starts to move up, I will sell some and buy some more when I find another good deal. I think there are a lot of people in the forum who do the same thing.[/QUOY

You Rock Goforgold,. Keep it up. WE could all use more realistic bullion dealers, even if they are doing it for fun and to help others out.

LOL you think he is helping you out, by buying low waiting and then stating he expects it to skyrocket in the short term to get rid of it at a higher price? With friends like that who needs enemies.

pmstacker
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm not trying to bust his balls or anything, quite the opposite. I just think its odd someone would have a metal they think is going to make big gains in a short amount of time and then try and sell when the market has made modest gains. Doesn't make sense to me, i just want to know what the real story is.

Carssman
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm not trying to bust his balls or anything, quite the opposite. I just think its odd someone would have a metal they think is going to make big gains in a short amount of time and then try and sell when the market has made modest gains. Doesn't make sense to me, i just want to know what the real story is.

He's making some coin on the side from the private sales. Not much, But obviously enough to keep him happy. You never know he might claim these sales as a home business or something.

Carssman
04-03-2009, 01:17 PM

Plus the guy probably bought in at $275 an oz. If he is asking for spot(220) PLUS 27 hes making good coin. I bet Has nothing to do with his current stack. Might be liquidating down to where he feels he has enough to hold for the long haul. No offence to Anyone

pmstacker
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Thats not the point, i own a business myself. If i felt i could sell my products for more a month from now and profit that much more without risking extra capital then by all means i would do just that. Theres no sense in risking small profits over much larger ones if you think better prices are just around the corner. So to me it sounds like a sales tactic, which doesn't sit well with me. Its like saying buy my IBM stock now because next week it will triple, don't you agree?

Carssman
04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Thats not the point, i own a business myself. If i felt i could sell my products for more a month from now and profit that much more without risking extra capital then by all means i would do just that. Theres no sense in risking small profits over much larger ones if you think better prices are just around the corner. So to me it sounds like a sales tactic, which doesn't sit well with me. Its like saying buy my IBM stock now because next week it will triple, don't you agree?

Goforgold seems to have alot of shizz for sale, I agree on the fact that it doesnt make sense in any investors mind to buy and sell before you think your going to turn it around for a better profit. Maybe he is liquidating his stack while he Can to turn a profit. No one knows what the markets actually hold for us in the near term. Strange, very strange indeed. Every day he has a new offer.

SUMOSABE
04-06-2009, 10:16 AM
PD is the only one in the GREEN today - everybody else is gettin' the smackdown......:cool:

goforgold
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Usually when I buy PM's, I will buy a few extra if I have gotten a good price in order to sell them to my fellow kitco-ites or to some of my friends locally. I absolutely believe Palladium is going to $300 (notice how it was up today when everything else got money stomped). Part of the fun of stacking to me and part of being a member of this forum is being able to help others add to their stacks as well. I have plenty of PD in my stack. I was offering for sale a few of the bars that I bought a little while back when PD was lower. My prices are cheaper than Tulving who is the only one right now that seems to have PD. Of course with tulving you have to buy at least a couple of bars. I was offering my price for buying even 1 bar b/c again, I wanted to help those in the forum. Anyway, take it for whatever you want. I would like to hope that my over 75 Transactions all with great feedbacks would speak volumes about the fact that I just enjoy working with people on this forum. Thanks!

Carssman
04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Usually when I buy PM's, I will buy a few extra if I have gotten a good price in order to sell them to my fellow kitco-ites or to some of my friends locally. I absolutely believe Palladium is going to $300 (notice how it was up today when everything else got money stomped). Part of the fun of stacking to me and part of being a member of this forum is being able to help others add to their stacks as well. I have plenty of PD in my stack. I was offering for sale a few of the bars that I bought a little while back when PD was lower. My prices are cheaper than Tulving who is the only one right now that seems to have PD. Of course with tulving you have to buy at least a couple of bars. I was offering my price for buying even 1 bar b/c again, I wanted to help those in the forum. Anyway, take it for whatever you want. I would like to hope that my over 75 Transactions all with great feedbacks would speak volumes about the fact that I just enjoy working with people on this forum. Thanks!

Thats what i thought, You rock GO for Gold, If i hadnt got balls deep into silver, PD, and PT i would purchase some stuff through you w/o a prob. Keep it up man it's nice to see trustworthy ppl around, Its also nice to have the option to buy one or two bars instead of having to meet a 20k min. a definate asset to this forum.:)