PDA

View Full Version : 400 oz bar of Rhodium

Babylon Now
03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Do they exist? If so I'd like to see a picture!

DA1984
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM

WTF? What gives you such an idea?

unalga
03-27-2009, 10:20 PM

I don't even know where to find a 1 ounce...

DA1984
03-27-2009, 10:55 PM
If so they would have been worth over 4 million each at the peak of Rhodium, lol.

TyGrr
03-27-2009, 11:48 PM
there is more than 400 oz of Rhodium? :D

shctaw
03-28-2009, 04:22 AM
3kg Bar of PD.(not Rhodium)

http://preciousmetalrecycling.com/f_a_q%272.jpg

Small pieces

http://www.webelements.com/_media/elements/element-pics-theo/45_Rh_2.jpg

Cyclic
03-28-2009, 06:19 AM
I don't even know where to find a 1 ounce...

I do.
That block is palladium; not rhodium. The round droplets are rhodium. I don't think it is very easy (next to impossible) to make a metallic block of rhodium. It comes in powder form. The powder burns. Any block would be sintered sponge form. Sponge is not metallic, not in my book. Besides, did I mention, Rh comes in powder form.

You will need to get a new quote. We don't know who bought it at $470 an ounce. My bet would be they had to buy in quantity (multiple contracts). Anyone know what constitutes a rhodium contract? I think I read somewhere that it was 10 Ozt. or was it 50?

Since Jon Nadler posted that new low number on the morning of 25 March 2009, I do believe the Pool price needs to come down a bit. For all we know, Jon placed the bid himself. Since Pool didn't come down and Kitco doesn't sell physical, I shall take the liberty of telling you to go to feebay and ask seller rgbco for a quote on a couple of ounces. rgbco can't get it at spot...unless...you bought an entire contract? Suppose rgbco can get a contract's worth for 670 then figure the furnace costs, the price volatility, a fair premium so that rgbco can stay in business another day. Figure in about a 100% premium on the spot price rgbco has to pay for a contract. They are not JP Morgan, Goldtoe Socks, or Kitco. They are just some small timers so they have to pay more.

midiman
03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
I do.
That block is palladium; not rhodium. The round droplets are rhodium. I don't think it is very easy (next to impossible) to make a metallic block of rhodium. It comes in powder form. The powder burns. Any block would be sintered sponge form. Sponge is not metallic, not in my book. Besides, did I mention, Rh comes in powder form.

You will need to get a new quote. We don't know who bought it at $470 an ounce. My bet would be they had to buy in quantity (multiple contracts). Anyone know what constitutes a rhodium contract? I think I read somewhere that it was 10 Ozt. or was it 50?

Since Jon Nadler posted that new low number on the morning of 25 March 2009, I do believe the Pool price needs to come down a bit. For all we know, Jon placed the bid himself. Since Pool didn't come down and Kitco doesn't sell physical, I shall take the liberty of telling you to go to feebay and ask seller rgbco for a quote on a couple of ounces. rgbco can't get it at spot...unless...you bought an entire contract? Suppose rgbco can get a contract's worth for 670 then figure the furnace costs, the price volatility, a fair premium so that rgbco can stay in business another day. Figure in about a 100% premium on the spot price rgbco has to pay for a contract. They are not JP Morgan, Goldtoe Socks, or Kitco. They are just some small timers so they have to pay more.

Who is Jon Nadler?

And yes I agree Kitco Rhodium pool needs to come down. They are asking well above spot. When the real price of Rho is low.

I want some more oz's but the spread is too big.

unalga
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Who is Jon Nadler?

And yes I agree Kitco Rhodium pool needs to come down. They are asking well above spot. When the real price of Rho is low.

I want some more oz's but the spread is too big.

How can you lurk around KITCO and not know who John is ????
One of the reasons the site is even here.:)

Check the main page for commentary.