PDA

View Full Version : why palladium didnt drop

NutFlush
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
As we look at the charts we see silver follows gold generally and so does palladium . If we study last years major correction to 560 from 725 you will notice on the charts silver gold and palladium fall into a pattern with it. Not this time, palladium has held straight and has yet to drop with this large correction. Is it palladium is now on its own ,away from gold and is ready to keep its steady slow pace to 1000 US . I think something is going on here, one cant help to notice palladium is not following the other meatls on this correction. I say get into palladium before its to late. Get all ur palladium under 400 is a bargain dont wait, this metal is gonna do some funky things in the next 5 years . :cool:

Commoner
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Palladium is doing what a PM is supposed to do, hold like a rock in the middle of a storm, this once "bad boy" may now be the light at the end of the PM tunnel. Buy physical and hold for five years, and then Palladium will be flying above any storm. If you bought silver at 5 then you know what I am talking about.

Commoner
03-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Yesterday my wife and I went shopping for a chain to hold a Pamp Palladium Ingot that I put a bezel around. We went to quite a few stores (six) before she got what she wanted, but it was the reaction by jewelers that got me.
When we said that we wanted a thin silver chain, the pecking order of the sales help was seen immediately and we were handed off to the lowest ranking members of the sales force. Not one store had silver chains displayed in cases; they were all brought out from the back. These were high end stores.

Commoner
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
But once the ingot came out we were moved to someone up the chain of command, for half the places the manager – the original sales persons did not know what they were looking at “What an unusual piece… what is bullion?” All of the manager class were very happy to start talking about Palladium and how much they liked it form a “practical” point of view and how white gold (rhodium plate) was a serious problem. See comments about this problem ( BORN2RV https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=1126 ) Bottom line: Everyone of the stores said they are currently, or will be, increasing their holdings of palladium. One of the owners said: “I think I will get a few ingots like you have, this could be very good for the bling crowd.”… This be word.

born2drv
03-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Nice story commoner,

Right now a lot of jewelers are learing all the benefits of palladium in jewelry. I now have a source of handmade palladium chains and another source of thinner machine made palladium chains, you wouldn't believe how hard I had to look for them. With the handmade chain company I literally had to bend the guy's arm to make me one in palladium and I worked with him to get the casting right.... once he made it he loved it.

I'm really lucky I work and live in Downtown LA (the jewelry manufacturing capital of the US) and I get to interact with a lot of designers, and it's amazing to see how they are either adopting to the palladium trend, or they're eager to try it out. There are a lot of larger, older, established companies that simply can't be bothered yet to try casting palladium, I've stopped working with these designers/companies and I'm sure over time once consumer demand picks up and their clients ask for it, they'll either have to adapt or lose business.

My entire bridal selection is now strictly 950 palladium or 950 platinum, no more white gold (except by special order).

BTW: I updated that other thread with pictures as promised.

Commoner
03-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I now have a source of handmade palladium chains and another source of thinner machine made palladium chains, you wouldn't believe how hard I had to look for them. With the handmade chain company I literally had to bend the guy's arm to make me one in palladium and I worked with him to get the casting right.... once he made it he loved it.

I wish we could have bought a palladium machine made chain. I didn’t want silver and I didn’t want white gold. We wanted platinum or palladium -- not white gold with the rhodium plating problem or silver with the oxidation problem. I am pleased (as a consumer) to hear that you are making the product that I want. Thanks

Jnantier
12-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Oh please, oh please, oh please. Can anyone help me find pre-made lobster clasps, jump rings and end caps in palladium? If you have found someone who will make chain and clasps and would direct me to your source I would be very grateful. I have looked high and low for chain so I had some made (2 Omega's) but we have not been able to find the clasps. I have looked every where just as the other poster did, and everytime I mention Palladium to a jeweler they look at me like I am nuts. The casting issues have allegedly been resolved so why is it there is no fashion jewelry to be had in 950 Palladium?

ifionlyhadsomegold
12-18-2011, 04:53 AM
because its the King of PM's!

one day the price will rise above all others or the price of the others will drop below Pd.

it day be a week or a month or a year or 10 or 100. no worldly force can stop it.

you have been duelly warned!!!

Mike Hunt
12-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Not sure what time frame you guys talkin.
year on year.

silver up 0.86 cents

palladium down 130.00 dollars

my bad....old post

ifionlyhadsomegold
12-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Not sure what time frame you guys talkin.
year on year.

silver up 0.86 cents

palladium down 130.00 dollars

my bad....old post

ya, but the non drop was most recent.
;)

Mike Hunt
12-18-2011, 05:35 AM
ya, but the non drop was most recent.
;)

yeah I been watchin.

It still hurts.

I bought a little at 733 just before big quake. :eek:

still holdin.

ifionlyhadsomegold
12-18-2011, 06:38 AM
yeah I been watchin.

It still hurts.

I bought a little at 733 just before big quake. :eek:

still holdin.

im in the same boat as you. $710 was my last buy. i almost puller the trigger on a bar for $570 but i been puttin' the coals to shiny under $35 and nibbling on Pt.

is like a kid in a toystore with a bunch of sales going on.

:D