PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Palladium?

asusenior
01-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Other than eBay, where is a good place to purchase Palladium? I don't think Kitco sells them.

ChrisGilliam
01-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Try NWT, they show it in stock.

http://store.nwtmint.com/Bullion/Private_Label_Bullion/

MT Freeman
01-25-2009, 10:09 AM
I've had really good luck with APMEX. Usually have PAMP bars and occasionally get a hold of some Maples. NWT Mint has some Stillwater 1/4 ouncers right now.

goldiebob
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Try NWT, they show it in stock.

http://store.nwtmint.com/Bullion/Private_Label_Bullion/

NWT in stock items still ship in 30 days. Tulving has had 10 oz bars last week at a good price. No one has had Maples in forever.
My current NWT order for Pamp bars (not catalog, but bulk purchase) is
in that 14 week shipping time. At the end of 14 weeks, they still get
30 days more before the have to refund your money. The 30 day
catalog delay sounds better, but prices are quite a bit higher and shipping
is charged for those on top.

So if you like bars, Tulving has always been my favorite place. And when the Maples are released, he will probably be the first one with a reasonable
pre-order.

I may put some Lewis and Clark rounds on the private sale list here in the next month or so. I have been trying eBay. Good premiums but about 7%
in fees. Of course the safety and instant payment help make that somewhat
acceptable. I have not sold here yet.

tedbylar
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Can I ask a dumb question? (Usually when I ask my wife that, she replies, "Better than anyone I know").

Is there any way to buy small quantities of rhodium? I've never seen any, but if anyone has an answer, it would be you posters here on Kitco.

Thanks

dumbnbroke
01-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Can I ask a dumb question? (Usually when I ask my wife that, she replies, "Better than anyone I know").

Is there any way to buy small quantities of rhodium? I've never seen any, but if anyone has an answer, it would be you posters here on Kitco.

Thanks

try this link
http://www.americanelements.com/rhmbcn.html

tedbylar
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks- I'll give them a shot.

asusenior
01-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks. I'll check out NWT.

eternalevolve
01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I have maples for 320 ea. (8 total)

asusenior
01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I have maples for 320 ea. (8 total)

I think that's too high.

I'm going to wait for Palladium to break $210 before stepping in.

goldiebob
01-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Not too high. That is what maples go for now.
The premium on Stillwater Palladium is even more, at around 100%.

Bcodms
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
None to be found around here at all. CO

BobbbJ
01-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I think that's too high.

I'm going to wait for Palladium to break $210 before stepping in.

As others here have alluded to, anytime you see Pd Maples--BUY THEM. They just don't hit the market very often and demand a much (usually double) higher premium than Pamp or CS bars. If you can find single Maples for less than $125-130 premium please let us know!

On a side note--not real sure why you would want to wait for Pd to increase in price before buying...:confused:

goldiebob
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
As others here have alluded to, anytime you see Pd Maples--BUY THEM. They just don't hit the market very often and demand a much (usually double) higher premium than Pamp or CS bars. If you can find single Maples for less than $125-130 premium please let us know!

On a side note--not real sure why you would want to wait for Pd to increase in price before buying...:confused:

That is not a bad strategy of waiting for the momentum to prove there is an upside. Many technical traders and chart watchers do this.
I bought most my gold when it was around 385-425.
I have a much smarter and richer friend who was doing the same.
I told him if it ever hits 500 I was going to take my profits. He told
me if it ever hits 500 he would buy all of mine. He was so right (I did not
sell, thank goodness). He knew that if it started to make a run, it would go for a while.

There is a real upside limit to Palladium now, because of the economy, and no point in rushing to buy if it is going to be in this range for a year or so.
I have been a seller of Palladium for several months and I also would start to
buy it back when spot gets to 210-225.
Of course you can always buy when you find those rare items you want.
There are a few foreign Palladium items that I try and buy for any price
when they pop up on eBay. I also really like the Lewis and Clark Stillwater
Palladium coins better than the Maples and Pamp bars and pay more for those.

PennStateAlum
01-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks. I'll check out NWT.

12-14 week wait.... I called but decided not to.

goldiebob
01-27-2009, 10:27 AM
That is their business plan. Pamp bars should be
readily available in the U.S. channels.
They do have low prices and you trade that for
14 week delivery.
I am now at 12 weeks, with no sign of the
"maybe earlier" they told me when I ordered.

I trust they always deliver, but I don't like
doing it this way. Although the delay was not
deceptive, I would not do it again.
It does add risk to the purchase.

MT Freeman
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I waited the 12 weeks for an order with them that I placed in October. I called to get an update and the lady there told me that one of the items I bought was out of stock until June. She offered a replacement and if I took it they'd ship the entire order immediately. The out of stock item was an Aussie Platinum Koala and I exchanged it for an Platinum Eagle. I also traded the PAMP bars I had ordered for Stillwater 1/2 x2 packages. They didn't have the Stillwaters when I originally ordered and sadly the new sell price is the same as it was in October so it was a good swap in my opinion. I did this last week and got my order yesterday. I say if you have a pending order with NWT you should call and do some horse trading like I did. The ball is in your court as you can get a full refund or better yet a refund if the spot price is higher than when you purchased which ever is higher. That ain't bad.

goldiebob
01-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I have Pamp Palladium and Pan Am Silver on back order. I assumed it was the Pan Am that is holding things up. I would trade for Stillwater, but they ran out of the 1/2 oz coins a few weeks ago.
I talked with them and no swaps available until you are past your 14 weeks plus 30 days. The only swaps they are doing now, is for coins they know they can't get from Govt Mints. They have no problems getting their own product out.

MT Freeman
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I have Pamp Palladium and Pan Am Silver on back order. I assumed it was the Pan Am that is holding things up. I would trade for Stillwater, but they ran out of the 1/2 oz coins a few weeks ago.

I am on hold now with them and will see if there are options for a faster shipment with swaps. I do not want the NWT silver as a swap for Pan AM

I got a 100 oz Pan Am too. A very nice looking bar in my opinion. It's minted by NWT too. Why do you like the Pan Am over the NWT house brand? Just curious.

goldiebob
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I got a 100 oz Pan Am too. A very nice looking bar in my opinion. It's minted by NWT too. Why do you like the Pan Am over the NWT house brand? Just curious.

I prefer the design of the bar and I prefer the branding of a mine or refiner and not NWT on my coin. It reminds me of the Prospector, which is a nice coin
and has a nice premium.

I have the Kilo bars NWT made for First Majestic and don't like the frosted finish.
Any handling and it damages it. For big bars I love the shiny JM poured bar best.

MT Freeman
01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I prefer the design of the bar and I prefer the branding of a mine or refiner and not NWT on my coin. It reminds me of the Prospector, which is a nice coin
and has a nice premium.

I have the Kilo bars NWT made for First Majestic and don't like the frosted finish.
Any handling and it damages it. For big bars I love the shiny JM poured bar best.

My thoughts exactly. Hope you didn't stay on hold too long.

goldiebob
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Ten minutes and they offered to take a message call me back. It is my experience that they always return calls quickly and are not hiding out.

BobbbJ
01-28-2009, 02:05 AM
That is not a bad strategy of waiting for the momentum to prove there is an upside. Many technical traders and chart watchers do this.
I bought most my gold when it was around 385-425.
I have a much smarter and richer friend who was doing the same.
I told him if it ever hits 500 I was going to take my profits. He told
me if it ever hits 500 he would buy all of mine. He was so right (I did not
sell, thank goodness). He knew that if it started to make a run, it would go for a while.

There is a real upside limit to Palladium now, because of the economy, and no point in rushing to buy if it is going to be in this range for a year or so.
I have been a seller of Palladium for several months and I also would start to
buy it back when spot gets to 210-225.
Of course you can always buy when you find those rare items you want.
There are a few foreign Palladium items that I try and buy for any price
when they pop up on eBay. I also really like the Lewis and Clark Stillwater
Palladium coins better than the Maples and Pamp bars and pay more for those.

While I definitely agree there is an upside to Pd right now, I'm not in the 'watchers camp'. I believe anyone investing in Pd at all should be considering long-term--this is not a daytraders investment at all. With that in mind, I look at the past charts and I still think we are very well within the recent (last 20 years) lows--and we seem to be stuck here. In other words, to me this is a huge buying opportunity--no point in waiting for a higher number which would only mean I've lost money while waiting. JMO of course, but I'm willing to pay the current asking price for Pd without flinching because I believe the premiums will mean nothing over the long term.

I do believe in buying NOW because this is one of those metals that you just never know about. Yes, Pd does appear to be 'bottom-stabilized', but it's also historically proven to be very volatile. I'm just not willing to take the chance that I 'missed the boat' should it ever do any more stupid moves in the future. Even if it doesn't go crazy, I figure I'm still leaving my daughter something that will pay off for her one day.

Chris C
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
If anyone is interested in Palladium in a large quantity I can put you in touch with a dealer that has a 96ish ounce Russian made brick of Palladium, it's is a site to behold, engine turned on all 6 sides, quite impressive........spot +30/ounce.

MT Freeman
01-28-2009, 04:51 PM
If anyone is interested in Palladium in a large quantity I can put you in touch with a dealer that has a 96ish ounce Russian made brick of Palladium, it's is a site to behold, engine turned on all 6 sides, quite impressive........spot +30/ounce.

APMEX has had those from time to time. The pictures look cool. It would be fun to see one in person.

Chris C
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
APMEX has had those from time to time. The pictures look cool. It would be fun to see one in person.

About the size of half a block of Velveeta......it was sweet.