PDA

View Full Version : Stillwater Palladium (NWT MINT)

goldiebob
01-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I see that the Stillwater Palladium Rounds with the Lewis and Clark
image sealed in a J.M. card sell for about spot plus $170 on eBay.
This is much more than either the Suisse bars or even the
seemingly rare Maple. I know they are not made anymore, but
anyone know why the private mint coin sells for so much more?

It is J.M. refined which makes it better than simply a private mint, but
I always assume a Government mint coin would command more.

I do like the sealed assay card, but you get that with Pamp.

Is it the Lewis and Clark history buffs?

MT Freeman
01-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Supply vs. demand most likely.

wolverine
01-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I love Pd and have a few maples but never got around to picking up the Lewis and Clark rounds. I think they look great and want a few, but I'm reluctant to buy numismatic Pd. There's no way I'd buy those rounds or Pd maples at the premiums they command now.

helicopterben
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Supply vs. demand most likely.

Yes. Ebay has a ready supply of foolish buyers.

MT Freeman
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes. Ebay has a ready supply of foolish buyers.

Back in the day I bought all of mine straight from NWT. I didn't buy the fractionals though and I kinda kick myself for not buying them when they were out there at a reasonable price. I agree Ebay is ridiculous.

MT Freeman
01-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Low and behold NWT Mint has Stillwater Pd rounds in 1/2 x 2 and 1/4 x 4 for a bit over $300. Looks like they have them in stock as they now list a quantity available like the way APMEX does.

So get 'em!

BobbbJ
01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Low and behold NWT Mint has Stillwater Pd rounds in 1/2 x 2 and 1/4 x 4 for a bit over $300. Looks like they have them in stock as they now list a quantity available like the way APMEX does.

So get 'em!

That's awesome they're FINALLY giving a real availability on stuff! Thanks for the heads-up on this MTF!

bradmarek
01-03-2009, 11:15 PM

So get 'em!

Anyone know if you can pay by credit card from the NWT Mint online store? I know you can't when buying bullion from them, but I thougtht I had heard you could through the online store. I can't find the info on the site though.

bigziggy
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Anyone know if you can pay by credit card from the NWT Mint online store? I know you can't when buying bullion from them, but I thougtht I had heard you could through the online store. I can't find the info on the site though.

yes you can pay by cc...

bradmarek
01-03-2009, 11:38 PM
yes you can pay by cc...

Thanks for the info.

MT Freeman
01-04-2009, 11:33 AM
That's awesome they're FINALLY giving a real availability on stuff! Thanks for the heads-up on this MTF!

Before we get our hopes up, when I looked around at the silver items they have I didn't see that feature. So perhaps it's just a limited update or something for them. I would like to see them list "live" availability as I'd feel better about ordering from them again. Still waiting for stuff I ordered from them in October that was promised end of November and then end of December. I don't mind waiting but obviously something I bought from these guys they didn't have in stock. Kind of a questionable way to do business.

goldiebob
01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Check out this eBay listing. Stillwater Palladium selling for over 10 times spot.
They may think the coins are 1 oz but they are .1 oz.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190278003562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Gadunk
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
yea that is ridiculous. when i clicked the link i was $427 for 2 ounces, great deal. but then reading it better with the Two .1 ounces, my jaw dropped.
~$2135/oz WOW :)

goldiebob
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Now it is $490 or $2.450.00 per ounce. But you do get free shipping.

BobbbJ
01-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Auction closed at $510 for .2 ounces. Insane.

goldiebob
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
He put two more up. Not the same luck. Only at $60 so far.

RankingLabs
01-17-2009, 01:25 AM
He put two more up. Not the same luck. Only at $60 so far.

Up to $129+

The last one was ridiculous, but selling .2 ounces twice for over $125 when spot is $170-190 is amazing... I'm in the wrong business.

Falcon7
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi guys, when do you think SWC will start recovering? Both SWC and PAL are rediculously low but if Dow tanks below 7000 they may get even lower:( . I'm thinking about byuing them back this year. Question is when.

goldiebob
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi guys, when do you think SWC will start recovering? Both SWC and PAL are rediculously low but if Dow tanks below 7000 they may get even lower:( . I'm thinking about byuing them back this year. Question is when.

I owned both stocks off and on from the time PD was at 180 till it was at
500 and all I ever seemed to do was lose money on PAL and SWC.
Maybe I had a few positive trades, but mostly loses. There is more to
the company profits and stock price than tracking PD price. Fuel costs and labor issues hit them. Seems like silver and gold companies do a better job
of tracking metal prices. I am done with both PAL and SWC. I do like the metal though and am overweighted what I probably should have with respect to
my gold and silver ounces.

Falcon7
02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
I owned both stocks off and on from the time PD was at 180 till it was at
500 and all I ever seemed to do was lose money on PAL and SWC.
Maybe I had a few positive trades, but mostly loses. There is more to
the company profits and stock price than tracking PD price. Fuel costs and labor issues hit them. Seems like silver and gold companies do a better job
of tracking metal prices. I am done with both PAL and SWC. I do like the metal though and am overweighted what I probably should have with respect to
my gold and silver ounces.

I used to own both as well. I made little money on SWC but lost a lot on PAL. Now I am into gold miners but the prices look tempting. However, before economy starts growing there is not a good chance that these two will move up, so I guess I''ll stick with gold miners.

goldiebob
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
I used to own both as well. I made little money on SWC but lost a lot on PAL. Now I am into gold miners but the prices look tempting. However, before economy starts growing there is not a good chance that these two will move up, so I guess I''ll stick with gold miners.

I had thought that the startup of a US Mint Palladium Eagle would pump up
SWC as I believe all sources of US Mint metal must be domestic. But I would
not hold my breath for that coin any time soon. I would love to see it as I like the design more than the Maple.

And is there going to be another Maple?

goldiebob
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I bought some of the final remaining Stillwater Palladium coins from
NWT and I see they are now finally sold out of all sizes.
With the apparent loss of the Maple, it looks like we are only
left with the Pamp and Credit Suisse bars in new Palladium.
I sure hope the US Mint goes through with their plans for
a Palladium Eagle. Does not look like there will be one this year.