PDA

View Full Version : Silver vs. Palladium

Commoner
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
With the predicted shortage of silver coming will one ounce of silver cost more than one ounce of palladium in the next five years? Or is Palladium a sleeper blasting past everything in the next five years; or something in-between?

JER01
02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
With the predicted shortage of silver coming will one ounce of silver cost more than one ounce of palladium in the next five years? Or is Palladium a sleeper blasting past everything in the next five years; or something in-between?

I looked at this a couple weeks ago. For what it is worth, here's what I came up with back then. Based on my l.t.charts only [no fundamentals considered], it looked like PA & SI had the potential to double from there; while GC looked up 50%, & PL looked up 25%. Now, if this thing gets very crazy, there is nothing saying they can't go higher. On the other hand, just because the potential is there, that doesnt mean it will happen.

I suppose if economic & political concerns got real bad, gold might do relatively better than the above analysis suggests.