by mixing happy thoughts
with happy dreams
amen ... err... aperson.

Anchorage
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm missing the point of this thread

Joshycfl
12-09-2008, 12:21 AM
There has to be a point? I'll admit it's customary but I don't know that it's mandatory. I'm thinking that what we're witnessing here is an expression of despair from someone currently in a somewhat altered mental state. Whatcha think?

i say someone freakin out b/c he/she bought at $20+ and can't accept defeat. ;)

oldflaman
12-09-2008, 12:23 AM
they are selling eagle 20 & up old 11.4 try bar went 400 oh ten4 to ship. i like shiny thin:o gs

oldflaman
12-09-2008, 12:25 AM
nobody needs it
nobody wants it
nobody cares
it is scrap
that is dat

The world has silver by the planet full
gold may be tomorows silver
silver is tomorrow's copper
copper is tomorros dirt

don't buy silver
it will be created in a lab
by mixing happy thoughts
with happy dreams
amen ... err... aperson.

thry will give that and more prb

metalhealthy
12-09-2008, 12:26 AM
or maybe just trying to get a rise out of some? maybe?:rolleyes:

Anchorage
12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
There has to be a point? I'll admit it's customary but I don't know that it's mandatory. I'm thinking that what we're witnessing here is an expression of despair from someone currently in a somewhat altered mental state. Whatcha think?

well, nothing's worth doing if there isn't a point :D

but I agree

50plussilver
12-09-2008, 01:30 AM
nobody needs it
nobody wants it
nobody cares
it is scrap
that is dat

copper is tomorros dirt

don't buy silver
by mixing happy thoughts
with happy dreams
amen ... err... aperson.

For every ounce of platinum there is 30 ounces of gold, 480 ounces of silver and 2,000 pounds of copper.
And yet Platinum costs only 7% more than gold, with its all time high of $2,200 an ounce makes the peak price %115 higher than gold!
I think its time to get as much as you can afford. (Along with silver and gold)

slowpoke
12-09-2008, 01:35 AM
nobody needs it
nobody wants it
nobody cares
it is scrap
that is dat

copper is tomorros dirt

don't buy silver
by mixing happy thoughts
with happy dreams
amen ... err... aperson.

Are you a trader or a traitor?

Rattlesnake
12-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Hold on there and don't go emo on us. LOL

I'm telling ya -SILVER is going to da moon baby. HOLD THEM....IMHO

paperplane
12-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Hold on there and don't go emo on us. LOL

I'm telling ya -SILVER is going to da moon baby. HOLD THEM....IMHO

if he doesn't want to hold... we'll sell'um to me! ill be more than happy to get that off yer hands anytime. its just a piece of silver. thats all.

garydrumm
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
For every ounce of platinum there is 30 ounces of gold, 480 ounces of silver and 2,000 pounds of copper.
And yet Platinum costs only 7% more than gold, with its all time high of $2,200 an ounce makes the peak price %115 higher than gold!
I think its time to get as much as you can afford. (Along with silver and gold)

Great post! I think speculators are taking a beating in silver because they don't pay attention to the simple mathematics of it all. Silver is extremely depressed in price. If there are 30 ounces of gold and 480 ounces of silver for every ounce platinum, then there are exactly (wait for it...) 16 times more silver than gold. So silver, once again, should be trading at 1/16th the price of gold.

So, if gold is at $780/oz, then silver should be at $48/oz, easy. Of course the obverse of that is platinum should be at $23,400 an oz, using gold as the standard base price, the problem is there just isn't as large of an overall market for platinum as there is for silver and gold. So, even thought there's less platinum, there are not as much demand for it, which is reflected in it's market price.

Silver will hit $50/oz in the next couple of years. My prediction: Within 5 years... Gold at $3000. Silver at $200. Buy accordingly.

NorthAlabama
12-09-2008, 11:25 AM
There's a limited supply of rocks in my yard too,but that doesn't make them valuable.

Platinum demand is industrial.Same as rhodium

short stack
12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Silver will hit $50/oz in the next couple of years. My prediction: Within 5 years... Gold at $3000. Silver at $200. Buy accordingly.

Please post your prediction for pt as well.

thank you,

short stack

NorthAlabama
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
For Sale..

Very rare rocks.These are the only rocks in my yard.There are only 400 lbs of these rocks that will EVER come out of my yard.

Limited quantities.
One pound per buyer..$3000.00 per lb..Get in while you can.

garydrumm
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
There's a limited supply of rocks in my yard too,but that doesn't make them valuable.

Platinum demand is industrial.Same as rhodium

Actually, on a global scale, there is not a limited supply of a specific type of rock in your yard. Odds are, you have the exact same rocks as you neighbors, increasing the overall supply of said rocks, thereby decreasing the market value. And because overall demand for rocks, whether they come from your yard or your neighbor's yard, is relatively low, and supply is so high, the market value is decreased at an even greater level.

That's not to say there is no demand for rocks, or dirt for that matter. There is a market demand. But for dirt and rocks you would have to have several tons in order make any money. Silver and gold are not the same as rocks in your yard.

Briarcutter
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
For Sale..

Very rare rocks.These are the only rocks in my yard.There are only 400 lbs of these rocks that will EVER come out of my yard.

Limited quantities.
One pound per buyer..$3000.00 per lb..Get in while you can.

nobody needs them
nobody wants them
nobody cares
it is scrap
that is dat :D

mick9
12-09-2008, 01:37 PM
nobody needs it
nobody wants it
nobody cares
it is scrap
that is dat

copper is tomorros dirt

don't buy silver
by mixing happy thoughts
with happy dreams
amen ... err... aperson.

That to me means TIME TO BUY

goatcorepdx
12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Actually, on a global scale, there is not a limited supply of a specific type of rock in your yard. Odds are, you have the exact same rocks as you neighbors, increasing the overall supply of said rocks, thereby decreasing the market value. And because overall demand for rocks, whether they come from your yard or your neighbor's yard, is relatively low, and supply is so high, the market value is decreased at an even greater level.

That's not to say there is no demand for rocks, or dirt for that matter. There is a market demand. But for dirt and rocks you would have to have several tons in order make any money. Silver and gold are not the same as rocks in your yard.

anyone looking for a primer on the origins of modern geology and a sad tale of a man ahead of his time is strongly recommended to read "the map that changed the world" by simon winchester. one of the best non fiction reads in the past 10 years.