PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Eagle for $995 after live.com cash back

mike1983
11-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Should I pull the trigger on this one? I keep hoping to find one for less, but it doesn't seem likely. I really want to own a couple of these soon. Should I buy it from ApMEX, will they actually deliver, and are there any advantages to buying from them, vs. a reputable Ebay seller? Please reply right away, I've been contemplating for hours...

chrisiden
11-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Should I pull the trigger on this one? I keep hoping to find one for less, but it doesn't seem likely. I really want to own a couple of these soon. Should I buy it from ApMEX, will they actually deliver, and are there any advantages to buying from them, vs. a reputable Ebay seller? Please reply right away, I've been contemplating for hours...
i purchased last week at apmex for twenty ounces...my order will be shipped this week.. i trust apmex more than an ebayian...
or you can go to tulving and get half ounces for half price...
just my few cents worth...:)

MT Freeman
11-03-2008, 12:23 PM

I kinda agree with chrisiden on this. I would trust a business with an actual storefront and has been in the biz 20 years over some guy selling stuff out of his mother's basement.

elster
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
I purchased a 1/2 oz. plat. eagle that was lost in the mail. The seller refunded my $, but I would have rather had the coin. This is why I would recommend signature required delivery. If a signature is required, there is less of a chance delivery to the wrong address (which seems to be happening more frequently now). Also, the item would probably be tracked better, since they confirm the signature.

Pozz_
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM

APMEX will still be there when the "reputable" eBay seller is broke.

mike1983
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
APMEX will still be there when the "reputable" eBay seller is broke.

Even if the seller is broke, I already got what I wanted: the physical metal. I can sell back to APMEX when platinum goes up or just continue holding it. Did you check the link in my post by the way? His business has been around since 1965, how long has APMEx been around?

Side note: shipping from APMEX for over $1000 is $25, my Ebay seller ships for free. hmmm.....

Pozz_
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Even if the seller is broke, I already got what I wanted: the physical metal. I can sell back to APMEX when platinum goes up or just continue holding it. Did you check the link in my post by the way? His business has been around since 1965, how long has APMEx been around?

Side note: shipping from APMEX for over $1000 is $25, my Ebay seller ships for free. hmmm.....

You think anything is really FREE? hmmm...

Besides, it seems like you've already made up your mind. Why even bother asking? :rolleyes:

mike1983
11-03-2008, 11:21 PM
You think anything is really FREE? hmmm...

Besides, it seems like you've already made up your mind. Why even bother asking? :rolleyes:

I did make up my mind but of the price from the Ebayer is less than APMEX and the shipping is free, overall, it cost less with the Ebayer, thats the point.

MT Freeman
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
So the 'buy it now' is $1195.00 and you get to hassle with getting a rebate from Microsoft though.

certcards (1042Feedback score) and he's a PowerSeller so that's gotta be good right?

The seller has a pretty good history and feedback. Gotta go with your gut man. If you like it, you should get it.

dddwww
11-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Tulving is selling the 1/2 oz coins for spot + $59, that's $478.

Buy them for $478, sell them for $600 on eBay which after the 25% discount is $450.

The buyers at $600 are paying the same $1200 out of pocket as the 1oz seller but getting them for $450/ea after the rebate which is $900/oz, cheaper than Tulving per oz.

eBay/PayPal fees to the seller would be about $50 for a nice profit on that end as well.

Minimum purchase from Tulving is 5 oz, anyone interested in setting up a deal? I don't see any eBay 1/2 oz PAE coins for anywhere close to $600.

mike1983
11-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Tulving is selling the 1/2 oz coins for spot + $59, that's $478.

Buy them for $478, sell them for $600 on eBay which after the 25% discount is $450.

The buyers at $600 are paying the same $1200 out of pocket as the 1oz seller but getting them for $450/ea after the rebate which is $900/oz, cheaper than Tulving per oz.

eBay/PayPal fees to the seller would be about $50 for a nice profit on that end as well.

Minimum purchase from Tulving is 5 oz, anyone interested in setting up a deal? I don't see any eBay 1/2 oz PAE coins for anywhere close to $600.

These have sold recently on ebay for about $699 a piece. Assuming that you list it $.01 no reserve, fees would be minimal. Only about 6% total to pay Ebay and paypal, that makes for $180 profit on each coin! You have to call Tulving for prices and orders right? It doesn't seem to be available online. ALso, how long is the delivery time, what if platinum drops to $650 or something by the time the order arrives? I suppose I could list them before I have them, but this is a bit immoral.

Stupid
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Tulving's minimum is 10 oz on Platinum.

dddwww
11-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Tulving's minimum is 10 oz on Platinum.

His website still shows a 5 oz minimum on Platinum, he is saying something different on the phone?

"Minimum Plat. Order Is 5 Ozs, Palladium Is 20 Ozs."

You don't list them with a low reserve, you list them with a Buy It Now and a starting bid almost exactly the same. If you put a low starting bid you'll see the Buy It Now go away as soon as someone places a bid. You don't want that to happen as the Microsoft/eBay rebate is only for items that sell with Buy It Now.

Lester Hayes
11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
The local coin store had them for $953 today, so I grabbed one.

Quite a bit above spot, but still seemed like a decent buy for my first Plat coin

mike1983
11-06-2008, 01:16 AM
The local coin store had them for $953 today, so I grabbed one.

Quite a bit above spot, but still seemed like a decent buy for my first Plat coin

where you located??

Lester Hayes
11-06-2008, 08:38 AM
I am in San Diego. This was the first time I had seen these coins in this shop.
I was planning on getting a Gold Eagle or Buffalo but had to get the platinum.

Gadunk
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Anyone near the No. VA/DC/MD area? i'm trying to find a local place to buy and sell....

Lester Hayes
11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Just as usual, I bring the kiss of death. One day later, its $33 cheaper.