PDA

View Full Version : Trading Gold for Platinum

chrisiden
10-28-2008, 11:58 PM
hi members..
today i traded 30 gold eagles@795 for 25 platinum eagles@965 and im feeling good about this..
the parity is almost equal...
my original plan was to buy lots of silver and trade up for gold..
but of course that hasnt happened yet..
anyone else trading Pt for Gold?:)
...the premium was an extra $170, but i didnt mind cause to me Pt is worth 1200 and more rare..
and i do think once our new administration takes office and things get going prices on precious metals will rise..
every presidential election the metals rise as uncertainty with the economy... or something like it...lol
any thoughts ideas ..
c

AUfool
10-29-2008, 03:22 AM
I always get confused when people say they traded this for that. "Traded" is a bi-directional word. It doesn't tell the reader what you gave and what you got. After reading your post, it is difficult to tell for sure, except for some clues, which you gave and which you received.

My guess is you gave up some gold to gain some platinum...right?

chrisiden
10-29-2008, 03:53 AM
I always get confused when people say they traded this for that. "Traded" is a bi-directional word. It doesn't tell the reader what you gave and what you got. After reading your post, it is difficult to tell for sure, except for some clues, which you gave and which you received.

My guess is you gave up some gold to gain some platinum...right?
right.. i trade 30 gold eagles for 25 plat eagles.. it was easy and fun..im thinking of doing it again since plat keeps falling..
eventually plat will leave gold in the dust as it always has in the past...
car sales and the economy will turn around next year or there abouts.. im just stocking up early while i can at these prices...which in fact doesnt cost much cause i am just trading...
im now thinking of giving up some silver monster boxes for plat... call me crazy but ive got a good feeling plat will be a sleeper and wake up...

nevada cody
10-29-2008, 04:01 AM
i am not to sure about the car sales picking upp next year and i think gold will overtake and trade higher than platinum for some time but i am planning to buy some platinum coins in future because like you said it will pick upp sometime .

AUfool
10-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Personally, I'm guessing pt will actually fall below gold...possibly this week. I'd hold out for 1:1 or better ;)

nevada cody
10-29-2008, 04:09 AM
yes i also think pt will fall below gold, platinum is more of a commodity but i am still bullish on platinum and silver its probably not a bad idea to own both

sorry for bad spelling

chrisiden
10-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Personally, I'm guessing pt will actually fall below gold...possibly this week. I'd hold out for 1:1 or better ;)
its almost one on one now...its always better to be early to the party than late..
i think the premiums will start rising on platinum like it has been on silver.. i paid almost two hundred above spot..to me its a deal cause i think its worth twelve hundred...
just my opinion only..
best wishes to all..
by the way.. the few places that i recently bought got sold out in a few days.. so good luck getting some..
apmex just sold out.. cni is taking orders but not in yet.. nwt is out..
i hope you guys can find some.