PDA

View Full Version : Platinum, I'll just keep my mouth shut. Down almost 10% today.

refrep
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I give up trying to understand the PM Market. Its kicken me hard. I plan on holding though. Long trend must be up. Why? Because ALL PAPER FIAT CURRENCIES FAIL. That's a known fact.....

Heruur
09-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Hold it and forget unless you really need the money, recommend you stuck up on food though!

MiamiFlorida
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
I give up trying to understand the PM Market. Its kicken me hard. I plan on holding though. Long trend must be up. Why? Because ALL PAPER FIAT CURRENCIES FAIL. That's a known fact.....

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/BUSINESS01/80814043

It's difficult to gain a broader perspective of the PT marketplace from within the gilded confines of the USA. It's fairly easy to speculate domestic demand. But few are privy to the first hand international market demand forces which can only be felt though direct observation.

The wholesale international absence of increase in demand from second world and emerging first nations, combined with lackluster domestic demand, as evidenced by this recent press release regarding GM plans to move away from combustion engine automobiles, are the common denominators driving down the spot price of PT and PGM's.

tinhorn
09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Long trend must be up. Why? Because ALL PAPER FIAT CURRENCIES FAIL. That's a known fact.....

Yup, been hearing that for 30 years. If prices continue to rise a bit more, the Krugerrand I bought in 1980 will be worth as much as I paid for it! (Not adjusted for inflation you understand.)

JohnnyBob
09-19-2008, 04:05 AM
Sold my Pt Eagle when it broke below $1800/oz (US), and unfortunately put it into Ag. Now I'm completely out of PMs because I'm expecting further dramatic declines in all PMs as befits a bear market. I might be interested in Pt again at $250/oz, but maybe not. There are easier ways to make money than trading PMs... :p