PDA

View Full Version : Which metal would you invest in right now for percentage gains?

Chimp555
09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Gold, silver, platinum, palladium or rhodium?

I'm thinking silver and palladium for triple returns (Palladium more likely 3-5x)

but Gold just to be on the safe side as we know it will go up guaranteed.

What would you guys put money in now?
Edit/Delete Message

refrep
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Both Silver and Platinum.... MO

embsupafly
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I like silver, it's too cheap right now. I remember it being about 5-6 bucks an ounce when I was in high school about 15 years ago and my older brother was buying it. It's 10'ish now so I'm just thinking it is on sale.

I also like silver because it allows me to create big stacks, and not because I'm trying to compensate for the size of something else. :)

Anyone drive a huge lifted truck? A red corvette?

Cabby
09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
My guess is Pd ... it has experienced the biggest % drop in this correction and, of course, there is always the Russia factor with Pd. They can toy with the market at will. As a support point, check out what's available on eBay versus spot compared to other metals.

Cabby
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Silver is a close second though, especially when you consider how suppressed the price has been since the Hunt Brothers episode, plus shorts and all else.

seionage
09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Lead and brass.

Lead in specific 150gr sizes.

AllthatglittersisPD
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I would go with Palladium. I think it holds the most promise for the future because of its ability to store so much hydrogen. I've thought about going back to it and getting out of silver. I see it being a longterm investment though. 5-10 years. I bought 20k if it back in Feb I think it was, was up 5k in 3 weeks, didn't sell, got to my break even point and switched to silver. I should have got out of metals when I made 5k in 3 weeks! It never works that way though. I never walk away from a table in Vegas after winning big. I keep playing.:(

GoldAddict
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Lead and brass.

It's that all,

I collect lead in the 699-750gr size ;)

mick9
09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Lead and brass.

Thats interesting as I am a metallurgist in a secondary Lead smelter ,
It grabs my attention when someone is interested in Lead of all things especially for investment purposes. I could see it when Lead was 19 cents a pound.I mean it cant go to zero. great investment opportunity.You know what you could lose on a contract. Like 2 1/2 cent sugar. Once in a lifetime opportunity. So......What are your reasons(if you were serious) Bullets for war?:confused: Lead is now about 86 cents a pound,down from a buck 60

DiscoStu
09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Pd is way over-sold at the moment.

seionage
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I was just joking. but, if you were going to stock up for insurance SHTF purposes, lead in the right shape and size would be worth a lot.

However, I really do appreciate the post. Most, and very, informative.

Thanks!

AllthatglittersisPD
09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Pd is way over-sold at the moment.

I think it hit bottom or close to it. It might take awhile to go back up but I see it happening sooner than AG just because it has uses very relevant to our air pollution issues. I don't know, something could happen to the mines in S.Africa again and the price could go way up. If you think its oversold, maybe privelaged folks are buying it up knowing the price is going to be run up soon?

dacrunch
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
but Gold just to be on the safe side as we know it will go up guaranteed.

Nothing appears guaranteed in this "Alice Through the Looking Glass" economy... War is Peace etc...

GoldAddict
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
So......What are your reasons(if you were serious) Bullets for war?:confused: Lead is now about 86 cents a pound,down from a buck 60

I can't speak for seionage but my reason is due to high cost. There is several reason for this, increase in cost of materials like metals, gun legislation, and the War in Iraq. Just and example: I used to buy a case of 7.62X39's for about 60.00 and now that same case runs around 200.00 or more. This is steel case ammo and not brass. Then you factor in all the Bills trying to get support that would outright ban, certain ammo, firearms, and reloading. The war in Iraq is making the cost of .223 shoot to the moon. Just about everything rolling out of Lake City is shipped over seas. Ironicaly, this has a lot of us buying imported ammo from Russia lol