PDA

View Full Version : Its Commen

Simon9995
09-06-2008, 05:38 AM
As i look through this " Palladium" section, i realise how dead it is..

This is where i found my inspiration ,buy Palladium... and now hardly anyone talks about it cause the price is going down.

My bars as of today are at customs in ALexandria in Sydney awaiting customs clearence and i expect a call from them monday morning and delivery that afternoon.

I have to admit... after looking at the 1 ozs Pamp and thinking how beautiful it looks.. i think my 10 ozs bars will make the me the happiest stacker in Sydney...

Common guys.... Palladium will rise again and things will change.. Palladium has been overlooked and prices are cheap as chips now... Some how i feel alone in my support for palladium at this point.

zartan
09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
actually, it has not been as active here since the price was in the high 500's. maybe more attention is coming its way.

NolaM
09-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Local coin guys look at me like I'm nuts when I mention Plat Or Pal...
Actually, one of the locals had a some Plat fractionals
When I eventually bought them all, and kept asking for more...
Said that I was the only one that ever bought any...:(
Sucks to be a contrarian sometimes...
Vision has to meet opportunity.
One thing I did figure out quick is the huge bid/ask spreads.
Especially on Fractionals, PT went up 20-30% and I was still almost break even...
But they are VERY pretty...and the old guy likes 'em...grin

Basil
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree, Simon 9995. This most elegant of metals will rise again, sooner or later. It may happen somewhat later than I would like, given the across-the-board hit nearly all markets have been taking, but that's ok by me. I am in for the long haul. Though I have little wisdom to impart, I will say that in the meantime I am taking advantage of the prominent spike in the Au/Pd ratio - 2.94, I believe, as of Friday close - the highest in more than a year - to swap some of my gold stack for more palladium.

Later, if the ratio drops to its opposite extreme well below its long-term mean, I might reverse the swap - exchanging then more expensive (relative to gold ) palladium to restack some gold. For a short while - late 2000, early 2001, IIRC, palladium actually traded higher than gold, which would have put the ratio below 1. Done carefully several times over the course of the secular bull trend, I wonder whether this slow-motion arbitrage could significantly increase the total number of ounces for each metal with little or no outlay of cash. I don't know whether this strategy will work as well as it does with the Au/Ag ratio, but I shall see. I prefer palladium because it's just easier to handle - and, I must confess, because I am esthetically biased.

Best wishes.

Big Kel
09-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought I was the only one crazy enough to trade gold for pd, I got crap from some people on this board for it also...I'm good with the choice...The pamp bars are nice...

mrpowell2
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Been buying a lot of Pd lately. I think it has extremely good potential, so I hope it works out.

If you go to the department of energy website and type "palladium" into the search box, you can see the massive amount of research and money they are putting into hydrogen technology. Looks like since around 2006 they have been doing bench-top models of different hydrogen purification systems to determine which system would be most efficient in a large-scale industrial setting. Most all of these use palladium membranes for purification and from what has been released so far, it looks like many of them are showing to be very efficient. This research is supposed to be concluded by the end of 2008, so hopefully some good Pd news will be released on the news in the near future and raise public awareness on the value of this metal. Right now, seems like few no what this metal is and those that do know it for cat converters. I would find it hard to believe, though, that some of the big time investors haven't been looking into Pd and its potential. I think it will be a big time investment metal once people get over the fact that oil is going to be gone sooner than later and there will be huge money in efficient alternative energies.

Also what I've noticed from DOE reports, they are still giving out huge grants for hydrogen technology but the money is specifically to be used for transfer of hydrogen technology into real-world marketing and not for further research. Which my take on this is that the majority of research is done (at least for now), they have developed something good, believe it will be marketable, and are ready to push it into the market ASAP. I look forward to after the election to late 2008/early 2009 when I hope the DOE will release some data to the public. Also wouldn't hurt if they shoot down drilling for oil in Alaskan preserves, which IMO is just a way to keep a failing energy source on life support for a little longer while wasting huge money that could be used to ween ourselves off of it.

I'm just ranting now, so anyway...

I'm definitely not going to stop buying Pd anytime soon and wish good luck to all those who see Pd's potential and have the stones to put their money where their mouth is despite its current unpopularity/risk in the investment world.

Goldrat
09-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Anyone know where to by Pal in Denmark? :(

NolaM
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.royalmint.dk/DKM/UK/Coins.nsf/side/Sale_of_old_gold_coins!OpenDocument

I think I would be buying these.
The Mint would also have info on Coin Clubs, Coin Shops, Nuismatists..
Will check in a couple of coinbooks for info if I can get to the pile in a few days.
Can always contact Chard in the UK and ask them for contacts.
Good Luck eh? N

NolaM
09-07-2008, 12:20 PM
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
1,300 Danish Krone = 264.407 Canadian Dollar
700 Danish Krone = 142.373 Canadian Dollar

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1313&satitle=20-krone+coin+&category0=

Interesting link:
http://www.kgl-moent.dk/C12571460044841F/sysOakFil/DKM_newsletter_polar08/$File/nyhedsbrev_sirius_UK.pdf

Hey Goldrat... thanks for the mini research project eh?... grin

Goldrat
09-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Goldrat... thanks for the mini research project eh?... grin

No prob! :)
Btw, those danish gold coins are pretty sweet.
They are already quite hard to get.
The Mint sold some, but then postponed the sale, busy packing some other items, prepping for sale. (Modern boring stuff. :D )
The Royal Mint are going to sell more of those 10 & 20's in September.
If you're able to get your mittens on them, they are easy to sell for much more. purely numismatic, I don't know what the price should be.

Danish Gold (http://www.kgl-moent.dk/DKM/UK/Coins.nsf/side/Sale_of_old_gold_coins!OpenDocument)

Be careful buying it over feebay... ...afterall the 20 only contains 8,96(?) grams of gold. Need 2 of those to get a 1/2 Kruger.

Goldrat
09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
...Then again selling them over feebay... sheesh. that could be lucrative!
Afterall, I saw a kruger on fakebay (not feebay), where seller wanted 2,900 USD! :D

Simon9995
09-08-2008, 05:01 AM
WHat attracted me to PD was the fact that its 10 time rearer then gold... low price...few ppl know about it( at present). It has unique abilities and lots of potentual.... and the bars look al so beautiful... the goddess of wisdom... of all the PM.. this is the most romantic... im under the spell.