PDA

View Full Version : AgStackers dirtly little "secret".

AgStacker
05-25-2008, 07:25 PM
For some time now the AgStacker family has been impure of thought and deed. We bought some Au last year on a special deal from a guy we met after a deal on ebay. Since then we have had a mixed-metal stack....

Naturally this shameful fact has been kept somewhat quiet. Well over the last few days we have been more and more motivated to add to the stack but FRN's are in short supply due to a slow down in our business and the only real chance we have to add meaningfully to the stack is by converting. Tuesday I am shipping blah-blah ounces to a well respected dealer who's name rhymes with Pulving and once again I can hold my head high as AgStacker the pure... and I can do it from a somewhat taller stack.

This is usually a good way to drive POS down so those of you trying to save a few pennies can do so by buying on Wednesday.

fl57caveman
05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
For some time now the AgStacker family has been impure of thought and deed. We bought some Au last year on a special deal from a guy we met after a deal on ebay. Since then we have had a mixed-metal stack....

Naturally this shameful fact has been kept somewhat quiet. Well over the last few days we have been more and more motivated to add to the stack but FRN's are in short supply due to a slow down in our business and the only real chance we have to add meaningfully to the stack is by converting. Tuesday I am shipping blah-blah ounces to a well respected dealer who's name rhymes with Pulving and once again I can hold my head high as AgStacker the pure... and I can do it from a somewhat taller stack.

This is usually a good way to drive POS down so those of you trying to save a few pennies can do so by buying on Wednesday.

i never would have figured it:eek: well, confession is good for the soul, as long you promise not to do it again....:D

karlkwhite
05-25-2008, 07:59 PM

Thank you AgStacker. LOL. Looking forward to Wednesday.

benben
05-25-2008, 08:25 PM
... you must feel so relieved. congratulations. i hope you make a mint.

latemetal1
05-25-2008, 08:28 PM
But if the best deal I can get is gold, I buy that and trade for silver later.:p

Commoner
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
The next sorted story we will hear form you will be that you have been cavorting with Palladium or is that something so dark as to never be spoken beyond the inner circle.

SilverBug
05-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Go ahead Stacker, get it off you chest. Sparing the quantities, what are you converting? 100's to 10's?; 90% to SAE; 1 oz rounds to 10 oz bars?
I see Haines has lessened his minimum order and added a small shipping fee. With the POS soon to go up not everyone can afford a 500 oz minimum.
Again, the quantities are your business, you must have wanted us to know the nature of the exchange or you wouldn't have let us in on you dirty little secret.
I can't stand being fully invested and not adding to the stack so I just won a nice 100 oz Ehard. First ebay transaction in months.
Waiting for the train to leave the station with the first stop $19.50.

fl57caveman
05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
The next sorted story we will hear form you will be that you have been cavorting with Palladium or is that something so dark as to never be spoken beyond the inner circle.

or worse yet( rhodium , the other silver metal , look at the chart on that baby, huh? nice.......):eek:

Prospector
05-25-2008, 08:48 PM
You sold gold to buy silver when the gold/silver ratio was only 50????

ARGGHHH! I feel like I've been wasting electrons posting here! http://www.gopusa.com/forum/images/smilies2/mr_yuk.gif

morganmagic
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
i don't know Ag. i think i'm gonna need some time. I appreciate your honesty... but i'm just gonna need some time.

and mrs. stacker knew?

MyBids
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I haven't converted any AG to AU yet. But for the past 3 months I have been adding to the AU pile...not enough to call it a stack yet...right along with my AG. I'm also 5/5 on PD. Haven't added physical or pool since before the run-up though. PD is about the goofiest thing I've ever messed around with. The chart seems to prove it too.

AgStacker
05-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep, we are headed to 40/1 or lower and at that point I will go back the other way (but this time keep it secreter). You recently posted that silver was expensive at 54 to one.... I don't agree. Silver is in short supply, gold is available EVERYWHERE>

You sold gold to buy silver when the gold/silver ratio was only 50????

ARGGHHH! I feel like I've been wasting electrons posting here! http://www.gopusa.com/forum/images/smilies2/mr_yuk.gif

ironvic
05-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh....Kay...yeah... I done that, too. Sold a pile of silver and bought gold. Mmmmm...gold...I like gold... It makes for a small, compact stack. Needed an antidote, so I bought 17 Silver American Eagles and some Walking Liberty halves in CH/AU and BU grade. I feel much better now...

SilverBug
05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Great move my man....swapping at 50 to 1. I would do the same if I had any gold.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/ktnotter/witch.jpg
Melt the Witch (http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1210917480.php)

deroc
05-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Do not wait till Wednesday to buy! If you do the train will be in the distance while you stand at the empty station!

meanstreaks
05-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Oh!! Thank god! I am not alone. We can start Au Anonymous now.

But, alas, my addictions are many. Over the years, I've spent the same amount of money that I have in on Au and Ag in automobiles. All collectors of course. Should skyrocket in price as the years go by. Even though, they use fossil fuels. American Muscle is always a good investment. ;) I expect to relieve some people of their Au and Ag with my Muscles at some point.

dddwww
05-26-2008, 07:59 AM
I expect to relieve some people of their Au and Ag with my Muscles at some point.

If you try to relieve me of my Au and Ag with your Muscles all you are going to get from me is some Pb.

meanstreaks
05-26-2008, 08:06 AM
If you try to relieve me of my Au and Ag with your Muscles all you are going to get from me is some Pb.

My babies don't go to anyone who doesn't go woodie upon the mere sight of them. Once upon a time, I refused to sell a Muscle to a man who wanted to buy it for his 16 year old son. The kid can't handle it, would have killed himself, and the world would have been minus a thing of beauty.

Best of all, the gov't has never outlawed the ownership of Muscle Cars.

TheSilverKing
05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Your King of Silver also must confess to not only buying Au, but also trading some Ag for Au in the past couple of months.

The Ag stacks were getting unwealdy and old SK just got a bit impatient waiting for the Ag:Au ratio to notably change in favor of Ag.

And now, good silverians, what is the penance that I must pay for my misdeeds? ;)

sheeney
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Yep, we are headed to 40/1 or lower and at that point I will go back the other way (but this time keep it secreter). You recently posted that silver was expensive at 54 to one.... I don't agree. Silver is in short supply, gold is available EVERYWHERE>

The statement that silver is in short supply is a fallacy. Look at APMEX.

AgStacker
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I didn't say it was out of supply. I said "in short supply".

Try buying 1000 oz in 10oz bars from Apmex for instance.

I have dealer contacts all over the country, the opinion everywhere is that "supply is tight", much tighter than normal.

Comex is tight and more contracts are standing for delivery, there are rumors of comex discouraging it.

Try looking a little deeper in to the issue before you decide to post something is a fallacy.

SilverBug
05-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I just checked Apmex's "Top 40 Products". 16 of the 40 are silver products. 6 of the 16 silver products are out of stock. When 37.5% of you top selling silver products are out of stock that qualifies as "short supply".

NolaM
05-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Well it's out to the woodshed with you fella's.
Nope... leather chafes WAAAY too much in this weather. So I've been told...;)
I don't have video on that...
Hmmn....should make you suck on a penny for 2 min. Blecqey!
I think... maybe a fine.....an small stipend of remorse to serve as a deterrent for the rest of us.
For your own good of course...Hey, wait..wait...waity there... thinkin...
(I hold everything but PD) scratch that last suggestion.
Don't tell the old guy I live with but I have been considering cleaning up our stash.
You know... sell those 14k coins and collectable Stuff and buy silver bullion.
Just figure this might be time to get a good price for the mesc. flotsam and jetsome.
(bought early and I am in the black with them all)
Hey, if you guys can actually SELL..ick.. ptewy... and the S hasn't HTF,
It opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Thanks for your honesty...so with SAnon..
Do you get a silver chip for every month you stay away from Gold?

Cabby
05-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Well it's out to the woodshed with you fella's.
Nope... leather chafes WAAAY too much in this weather. So I've been told...;)
I don't have video on that...
Hmmn....should make you suck on a penny for 2 min. Blecqey!
I think... maybe a fine.....an small stipend of remorse to serve as a deterrent for the rest of us.
For your own good of course...Hey, wait..wait...waity there... thinkin...
(I hold everything but PD) scratch that last suggestion.
Don't tell the old guy I live with but I have been considering cleaning up our stash.
You know... sell those 14k coins and collectable Stuff and buy silver bullion.
Just figure this might be time to get a good price for the mesc. flotsam and jetsome.
(bought early and I am in the black with them all)
Hey, if you guys can actually SELL..ick.. ptewy... and the S hasn't HTF,
It opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Thanks for your honesty...so with SAnon..
Do you get a silver chip for every month you stay away from Gold?

Dig it! "small stipend of remorse." A bit poetic at that. Silver will do that, I'm told.

sheeney
05-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok. It's in short supply which will drive the price to over 100.00 an ounce by Christmas and everyone here will become rich while everyone who lacks pm's will be poor. Happy?:rolleyes:

AgStacker
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Why such a hostile tude? What are you doing here (and commenting) if you know so little about PM's and like them even less than that? This isn't a soclal club, in some cases people here really know their stuff.

My comment was that the reason I am switiching from gold to silver is that the upside for silver is stronger and it is harder to get your hands on than the much easier to find and buy gold. You quoted a web page as proof that there is lots of silver. Most of us are very familiar with that page, I myself have made many purchases there. We follow the stock there and many other places as well.

All I suggested was that you look more deeply in to the matter before you contradicted someone, particularily someone who has substantial tenure here in and in the PM world. Your reaction was more like a churlish student than the teacher you say you are.

You are new here and finding your way around, many of us has bumpy starts, let's hope you can improve on yours.

Ok. It's in short supply which will drive the price to over 100.00 an ounce by Christmas and everyone here will become rich while everyone who lacks pm's will be poor. Happy?:rolleyes:

fl57caveman
05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
good sense of humor morgan, "and mrs stacker knew?" i about blew a crouton across the room when:D i read that...

NolaM
05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
There is a HUGE learning curve to this whole PM, economics, etc
Not to mention stock market, banking, supply/demand cartel info that takes years to investigate.
To even start to understand how they all connect takes longer.
There are a lot of people here... that came to the party with a whole lifetime of knowledge already.

I lurked for about 2 years before I started posting... and now I can't shut myself up... sigh...
How come nobody tells me to go sit in the corner and play with myself?
Wait... that doesn't sound good...
Well, you know what I mean...
As for Sheeny, I think he just promised you a con'sell'ation round if silver makes $100 by christmas....laugh. Good of him to do a ...'sorry'...
Have been noticing Kitco is short some basics like SAE and Maples...
I buy local but know if the big pipe is dry the silver isn't going to trickle on down.
You did what quite a few of us here are considering and debating on.

AgStacker
05-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Pleased to report my timing was better than some assumed. I just completed the swap from Au to Ag with silver at $17.48. or 1/51 as there was no $ involved.

We are now once again an all AG household.

This was our single largest move, so don't be surprised if Ag drops another.50 or $1.00 tomorrow just to test the remains of my stomach lining.

JayPilot
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
AgStacker, Great call, if you got some silver today I think it was a pretty good buy

jfloyd
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM

I have tasted of that and the wonders shall not be spoken again

j

jfloyd
05-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Pleased to report my timing was better than some assumed. I just completed the swap from Au to Ag with silver at $17.48. or 1/51 as there was no $ involved.

We are now once again an all AG household.

This was our single largest move, so don't be surprised if Ag drops another.50 or $1.00 tomorrow just to test the remains of my stomach lining.

I just bought this morning. Now ya gonna make me do it again tomorrow??
Maybe i will have to start and bury my pms under the tomato plants; or buy another safe
j

silver bones
01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
100 or bust help u with this

slowpoke
05-13-2009, 03:42 AM

Ummm.......... as a matter of fact ...........YES!

Mumble Mumble Mumble!

kel2009
05-13-2009, 05:44 AM
I bet there's a bunch of silver people here who have a bit of Au in their bag.

They probably don't say it, but you know who you are.

Killver
05-13-2009, 05:46 AM
But will silver get you into heaven easier? Hmm... who was it that was sold out for 30 silver rounds some time ago? Anyway, isn't the sacred Au/Ag ratio the arbiter of which way to go? If this went down to 16/1 (not likely from 70/1) wouldn't you swap many oz of Ag for Au? I'd do it in a flash. I have very few pieces of gold but they do have a certain glow. Now come on, Mr. Stacker, are you saying that you'd rather look at silver than gold?