PDA

View Full Version : How tall of a 1-oz-round stack have you ever made?

Mozart
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey guys/gals.

Anybody here in the forum who lives in the Sierra Nevada Mts inbetween Sacramento and Lake Tahoe? There just now was a ##### earthquake and I had just made an 18-inch-tall stack of one-ounce rounds when that bloody earthquake hit and knocked my stack over. No kidd'n!

So far I've made it to 18 inches and I am sure that I can make it to three feet, or more. Who has made a tall, single stack of one-ounce rounds?

It clearly was an earthquake and, no, I was not smok'n anything weird. The lamp on my sturdy desk shook; the cloth that I have hanging on my wall shook and my 18-inch-tall stack of rounds fell over right away. I was sitting perfectly still at my desk and, no, I was not doing any self-abuse of any kind. I'm nearly deaf in my right ear, but I clearly heard a deep, roaring sound in my right ear very quickly getting louder just seconds before the quake hit. As soon as it hit, the lamp and cloth started swaying and the Ag stack fell over and off my desk for the most part.

I love earthquakes and am glad that I felt it.

Yup, a whole series of earthquakes centered right in Reno, Nevada. Must be some serious party'n going on up there and people jumping off buildings, or somth'n. Either that or someone's digg'n up a new silver mine in the old Silver State.

Oh, one time I saw an old photo of a dude on a horse and behind him was THE BIGGEST, BADDEST STACK OF SILVER THAT I HAD EVER SEEN! The stack of big bricks looked to be about 8 feet wide, about at tall as the back of a horse and about 40-50 feet long. One big, solid, long stack of Ag. I just could NOT believe it, but, there it was, a late 1800's photo in, I think, Comstock.

AUfool
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
The earthquake was the result of the Platinum Gods being angry, obviously. What with all this talk of silver replacing platinum in cat converters and some even suggesting selling platinum to buy silver! Can you imagine?

Then, they see you...the famous Mozart once of dump-silver-for-platinum fame, stacking coins. And what do these coins consist of? Silver! Is it any wonder the Pt dieties shook the earth and toppled your blasphemous tower?

:D

refrep
04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey guys/gals.

Anybody here in the forum who lives in the Sierra Nevada Mts inbetween Sacramento and Lake Tahoe? There just now was a ##### earthquake and I had just made an 18-inch-tall stack of one-ounce rounds when that bloody earthquake hit and knocked my stack over. No kidd'n!

So far I've made it to 18 inches and I am sure that I can make it to three feet, or more. Who has made a tall, single stack of one-ounce rounds?

It clearly was an earthquake and, no, I was not smok'n anything weird. The lamp on my sturdy desk shook; the cloth that I have hanging on my wall shook and my 18-inch-tall stack of rounds fell over right away. I was sitting perfectly still at my desk and, no, I was not doing any self-abuse of any kind. I'm nearly deaf in my right ear, but I clearly heard a deep, roaring sound in my right ear very quickly getting louder just seconds before the quake hit. As soon as it hit, the lamp and cloth started swaying and the Ag stack fell over and off my desk for the most part.

I love earthquakes and am glad that I felt it.

Yup, a whole series of earthquakes centered right in Reno, Nevada. Must be some serious party'n going on up there and people jumping off buildings, or somth'n. Either that or someone's digg'n up a new silver mine in the old Silver State.

Oh, one time I saw an old photo of a dude on a horse and behind him was THE BIGGEST, BADDEST STACK OF SILVER THAT I HAD EVER SEEN! The stack of big bricks looked to be about 8 feet wide, about at tall as the back of a horse and about 40-50 feet long. One big, solid, long stack of Ag. I just could NOT believe it, but, there it was, a late 1800's photo in, I think, Comstock.

I bet that stack in the photo you saw was headed right for the San-Francisco Mint to be formed into Morgan Silver Dollars.

NolaM
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
You gotta use Bars as a foundation, then... well...
The mind boggles at the amount of fun to be had.
Glad you made it through ok
If we hear about somebody being crushed by an avalanche...
Pinned for days... we'll know it's just you.

Zeus001
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
You gotta use Bars as a foundation, then... well...
The mind boggles at the amount of fun to be had.
Glad you made it through ok
If we hear about somebody being crushed by an avalanche...
Pinned for days... we'll know it's just you.

We may have to help remove the stack of silver so we can dig you out. :D

NolaM
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=1861

Check out Pyrite 3/4 down the page

If it's aligned with the 'peakquinox' silver goes up?

skyking
04-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll counter your question with "How long is a piece of string?" ;)

Pants
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
My stack of 1oz'ers is pathetically small, though my 10oz stack is a whole other story!:D :D

pasadtf
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=1861

Check out Pyrite 3/4 down the page

If it's aligned with the 'peakquinox' silver goes up?

Stone hedge????:rolleyes: I think...

http://www.madgene.com/data/media/7/6.jpg