PDA

View Full Version : Is the online store down?

Western Slope
03-24-2023, 10:38 PM
I can't access the store or log into my account.

ynot2k
03-24-2023, 11:04 PM
I can't access the store or log into my account.

Hi Western Slope, it appears to be the case. I just tried to log into my account and it resulted in a website error message from the browser.

I notified Kitco admin about it.

Regards,
ynot2k

ynot2k
03-25-2023, 05:32 PM
Hi Western Slope,

On my end I just checked and the issue is resolved, I am able to log into my Kitco store account.

Are you still experiencing problems?

Shavessined
06-22-2023, 02:55 AM
Hi, I'm just new here. Can you talk more about Kito store, pls??

motocat
01-02-2024, 01:27 AM
Looks like the online store is still down, from some "cyber security incident" that occurred in mid December. Now I can't even see my Pool account (in which I hold gold, silver, and platinum). I will try and call and see what can be done, however it has been maybe two weeks now -- this is concerning.

Reminds us all why physical is the best - -however if Kitco does not get things back to normal soon, this will have an impact on the public's confidence.

I will update all once I talk to them over the phone.

maxwellsilverhammer
01-02-2024, 03:21 AM
Looks like the online store is still down, from some "cyber security incident" that occurred in mid December. Now I can't even see my Pool account (in which I hold gold, silver, and platinum). I will try and call and see what can be done, however it has been maybe two weeks now -- this is concerning.

Reminds us all why physical is the best - -however if Kitco does not get things back to normal soon, this will have an impact on the public's confidence.

I will update all once I talk to them over the phone.

yes motocat, that is very concerning. i thought that was working from other posts i thought i read. there was a way that was immediately circumvented from the threat to be able to buy or sell but that was via phone calls i think if memory serves. not having access to your credit file and pool accounts would not sit well with me. someone from their offices should see this thread and your post and get back to you i would think.
also, if their management were on top of things someone should have contacted you via email or phone call to inform you of the facts regarding your holdings there. this threat (cyber attack) must be greater than we know.

if you dont hold it you dont own it.

t00nces2
01-02-2024, 06:27 AM
I am thinking this whole thing stinks. We already have a thread on here warning of a cyber attack. We have already seen governments attacking their people to exploit fear and implement controls. I am not buying the fact Kitco can't get their online Schiff together any more than I buy civic came from a wuhan
wombat, or budlite boy is a girl. A whole bunch of somethings are stinking and it is hard to tell exactly what isn't bullschitt.

Do you actually trust the government not to crash a private company's website to undermine faith in PM purchasing? Yeah, me too.

yellowsnow
01-02-2024, 06:32 PM
I am thinking this whole thing stinks. We already have a thread on here warning of a cyber attack. We have already seen governments attacking their people to exploit fear and implement controls. I am not buying the fact Kitco can't get their online Schiff together any more than I buy civic came from a wuhan
wombat, or budlite boy is a girl. A whole bunch of somethings are stinking and it is hard to tell exactly what isn't bullschitt.

Do you actually trust the government not to crash a private company's website to undermine faith in PM purchasing? Yeah, me too.

it is well publicized that 2024 could be the black swam year of cyberattack. Companies that haven't buff up their cyber security by now is asking for trouble. The more prepped ones even have a permanent team inhouse or outsourced cyber security experts on 24/7 surveillance and patrol

yellowsnow
01-02-2024, 06:34 PM

if they can't fix the simple bugs on this forum, that's a warning sign....

ynot2k
01-02-2024, 08:38 PM
if they can't fix the simple bugs on this forum, that's a warning sign....

Yellowsnow if you think about it that is incorrect. The forum is something that has a priority of it's own albiet it does seem to be a low priority.

The online store is separate and anyone can take the info from Kitco at face value or not.

People are still buying and selling metal by phone and in person and delivery of physical still occurs and likely just as fast as it ever was.

But this is unlikely to change your mind and that's just the way the world is. People see things differently, do things differently, etc. Be pretty boring otherwise.

Thanks for your post.

yellowsnow
01-02-2024, 09:13 PM
Yellowsnow if you think about it that is incorrect. The forum is something that has a priority of it's own albiet it does seem to be a low priority.

The online store is separate and anyone can take the info from Kitco at face value or not.

People are still buying and selling metal by phone and in person and delivery of physical still occurs and likely just as fast as it ever was.

But this is unlikely to change your mind and that's just the way the world is. People see things differently, do things differently, etc. Be pretty boring otherwise.

Thanks for your post.

yes, i made a gross assumption but sometime with little info available, assumption is all one can go by.
I didn't or hope i did not reference people here not to buy from kitco by other mean. In fact buying by phone is more convenient than
driving to lcs (in my case, my lcs doesn't take phone order nor ship). What i was trying to highlight is the weakness of having access to one's asset/money only by digital mean. This applies to bank and crypto exchange too. Cyberattack threat is the new norm now, no one who is digitally connected is immune to it.

ynot2k
01-02-2024, 10:03 PM
Agreed YellowSnow. And cyberattack defense is apparently what Kitco is doing at this time.

SilverPalm
01-11-2024, 08:27 AM
I see that the on-line store appears to be working today.

Some of the traditionally available spot price charts are still not back as they were.

motocat
01-11-2024, 05:29 PM
Yes, I was able to log into my pool account as normal.

However, the Kitco app on my phone still does not show the charts on my screen after you pick the particular metal -- wonder if that is still being worked on?

I originally went to kitco for their charts of the spot gold price, so I would think keeping good charts available to the public would be a priority.