PDA

View Full Version : Kitco Retail Website Infected

ifionlyhadsomegold
03-26-2020, 12:35 PM
If you don't already know or not but I been hit by 2 trojans on your webstore in the last 2 week. Please stop!

nergal
03-26-2020, 01:33 PM
My anti-virus program keeps telling me it's intercepting malicious viruses every time I visit any corner of Kitco.com

ifionlyhadsomegold
03-26-2020, 01:43 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.

Mytal
04-06-2020, 05:24 PM
If you don't already know or not but I been hit by 2 trojans on your webstore in the last 2 week. Please stop!

what is your real reason for being here.

ifionlyhadsomegold
04-06-2020, 06:13 PM
what is your real reason for being here.

To inform kitco their site was infected if they did not know???

Cajus
04-07-2020, 05:19 AM
Thanks for flagging these problems up.

You can be attacked by trojans etc. if you follow spammer links. We delete and ban spammers with top priority, but should you come across such a post don't click on anything except the forum "report post" icon!

You can also be attacked by third parties or man-in-the middle attacks which modify your own computer so that you are redirected to a fake page. Your antivirus software should pick this up, but you could have a fake URL after the malware has been and gone, in which case it might not be detected. To detect fake URLs, which use similar looking characters from the Unicode character set, get an authoritative version of the url and do a search against the URL that shows in the browser- it should match.

You can check websites on Norton Safe Web: https://safeweb.norton.com/
It currently claims that gold-forum.kitco.com and kitco.com are safe.

If a third party advertiser has been compromised, and you happen to load advertising from their site, that might show up once in a while and be difficult to pin down. To help identify the malware we need detailed reports giving the precise URL of the Kitco page, screenshots showing what you experienced, and anything else that might be relevant.

If your anti-virus program reports something malicious; if it's any good it will give you an identifying name or code for the malware. Save this or screenshot it and make a report of it.
Without specific details, your reports may be next to useless for starting an investigation.

Mods are not directly involved with the technical running of the Kitco site. All we can do is encourage people to report anything bad they find for the attention of the Kitco administration and the more information you can provide the better it is for the Kitco administration to escalate it up to the relevant website staff.

ifionlyhadsomegold
04-07-2020, 07:00 AM
I suspect it was a malicious add as it does not happen all the time but cannot be sure. Thanks for taking notice.

ifionlyhadsomegold
04-12-2020, 09:35 AM
Still getting hit: interjoan.com, maleware-gen[Trj].

...not clicking on anything other that the gold page.

I guess big brother wants to know who is buying all the gold.