PDA

View Full Version : Kcast for Windows 10

lulik
03-18-2020, 08:05 PM
I used Kcast for years, tracking commodities, currencies and Dow/s&p/nasdaq etc.
With windows lates update, I cannot use Kcast, because it's still relying on old Framework v4.
C'mon Kitco sofware guys. update your application, so I can keek enjoying my program!

mecorusfc
03-24-2020, 04:43 AM
For about the last week to week and a half, the task bar application has not worked. The large window comes up with the error message "server not responding". The app itself hangs and each click seems to take as long as a 30 second timeout. I have the latest version (3.2.0) and have been using that for quite a while. Is your server down? Is there a different app to download? Is there a way to set a longer timeout if your server is being overrun by everybody working from home? What should I do to get it working again? Thanks, Mike

redraspberry
03-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Did you just do a Windows 10 update?

AURUM
03-24-2020, 02:20 PM
For about the last week to week and a half, the task bar application has not worked. The large window comes up with the error message "server not responding". The app itself hangs and each click seems to take as long as a 30 second timeout. I have the latest version (3.2.0) and have been using that for quite a while. Is your server down? Is there a different app to download? Is there a way to set a longer timeout if your server is being overrun by everybody working from home? What should I do to get it working again? Thanks, Mike

The taskbar application has a feedback button for this sort of problem. One time a long time ago I used it and they got back to me pretty quickly. It is working fine on this Windows 10 computer.

mecorusfc
03-24-2020, 11:34 PM
A couple answers to the items above. My Windows 10 updates fairly often, maybe once every couple weeks so I'm sure I've had one somewhat recently. As far as the feedback button, that would be great if the taskbar app was actually not frozen completely stopped. I was hoping this was the other way to get the feedback in when the desktop taskbar app stops working completely. Is there any hope? Should I switch to a different taskbar app for gold/silver/platinum prices? Since it is saying "server not responding" I was thinking that maybe they changed their server address and they need to put out another update to the app to keep it working with the new server. Another possibility is that their servers are now completely overrun and unable to handle the load since most of the world is working from home and using the taskbar app a lot more. Another possibility is the .NET libraries although framework v4.8 is pretty modern and highly unlikely that they wouldn't be compatible. I suppose if they used a pre-v4 .NET from the mid-2000's that might be a problem, but then it would never have worked for me as I've only used it about 10 years and have been on 4.x the whole time.

If the taskbar app freezes and you can't get into the options/settings at all, how do I provide feedback, if not here?

mecorusfc
03-24-2020, 11:49 PM
Actually, I just tried bringing the KCast taskbar app up again. It hung for a long time and then freed up. It worked for about 3 minutes and I was able to change some config settings. Then it froze again. I'm pretty sure the servers are overrun. Are you planning to increase capacity at some point?