PDA

View Full Version : Government regulator: We're going 'to make sure' new bitcoin futures are not manipulated

Silver and Gold
12-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I am sure they are going to watch over it just like they do the metals markets.........LMAO

order your vaseline now

Government regulator: We're going 'to make sure' new bitcoin futures are not manipulated
Federal oversight of bitcoin futures aims to preserve the integrity of the contracts, a CFTC official tells CNBC.
Two exchanges, the CME and Cboe, are set to begin offering bitcoin futures this month.
Bitcoin is a "unique animal unlike any commodity we've looked at before," says Andrew Busch, the CFTC's chief market intelligence officer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/government-to-make-sure-new-bitcoin-futures-are-not-manipulated.html

AnotherDave
12-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Old joke: How does a banker say **** you?

WhatsUpDoc1958
12-06-2017, 12:23 PM
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Silver and Gold
12-06-2017, 12:58 PM
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

He said Banker but its pretty much the same....;)

4nineFine
12-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Bitcoin is a "unique animal unlike any commodity we've looked at before," says Andrew Busch, the CFTC's chief market intelligence officer.

A currency that self-identifies as a commodity? Time to back the truck up to the moon.

AnotherDave
12-06-2017, 04:09 PM
A currency that self-identifies as a commodity? Time to back the truck up to the moon.

A "commodity" to the CFTC is anything the don't need to own, store, or feed. They are doing to be dazed and confused little puppies after the blockchain bus runs right over them.

Poor Twisted Monk
12-07-2017, 12:13 AM
I wonder how the government is going to accomplish this goal, given that fraudulent manipulation via derivative "trading" is a perfectly legal and routine practice. Sure, they don't call it "fraudulent" or "manipulation," but then it couldn't be called legal, either.

Chump Change
12-07-2017, 12:18 AM
This is an Oxymoron plus Circular Reasoning while banging your head against a wall inside a car going into a center divide at 100 mph while sober, as I've never seen before

Derivatives based Crypto Currency which focus' on Crypto Based Assets without manipulation

How can it go wrong?