PDA

View Full Version : "the pool boy talks about bitcoin"

ynot2k
11-28-2017, 06:46 PM
"...the pool boy talks about bitcoin..."

CMeg are you seeing this occur? I've not, but then again I don't have a pool with a staff :)

Moved from here https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthread.php?144337-Start-of-the-bull-market-in-Gold-and-Silver&p=2619076#post2619076 to avoid sidetracking the "Start of the bull market..." thread.

digbird
11-29-2017, 09:55 AM
:...the pool boy talks about bitcoin..."

CMeg are you seeing this occur? I've not, but then again I don't have a pool with a staff :)

Yes...pool boys, ubber drivers, lots of TV chatter, and that's not a healthy sign in the long run. When it goes POP..there will be a lot of crying.

Chump Change
11-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Yes...pool boys, ubber drivers, lots of TV chatter, and that's not a healthy sign in the long run. When it goes POP..there will be a lot of crying.

I thought it was just the barber

digbird
11-29-2017, 09:59 AM
I thought it was just the barber

LOL...and barbers as well.

LongDonSilver
11-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Maybe all of us can pool our resources and start a new cybercoin called the Tulip? :rolleyes:

ynot2k
11-29-2017, 01:17 PM

Uber drivers - one might expect to be bitcoin aware as they are generally younger and perhaps more into technology. TV chatter I don't think yet indicates a bubble enviornment. And pool boys, well that was the question posed to CMeg who brought it up. That, if it is happening a lot, would be maybe indicative of BTC getting into mainstream minds.

digbird
11-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Uber drivers - one might expect to be bitcoin aware as they are generally younger and perhaps more into technology. TV chatter I don't think yet indicates a bubble enviornment. And pool boys, well that was the question posed to CMeg who brought it up. That, if it is happening a lot, would be maybe indicative of BTC getting into mainstream minds.

Poof...down 18%.

Probably more aware of the technology than me, but do they know how to trade and when to pull the pin? Feels sorry for those that had bought the last couple of days. Could have been worse sell off I suppose.

insidedealer
11-29-2017, 06:57 PM
I've been keeping track of the percentage of people who have heard about Bitcoin for 5 years now. Besides looking at the results of public polling, I've been doing my own polling. Since 2013, I've asked the same sort of ended question to those I encounter when the opportunity to ask, "What about Bitcoin? I haven't asked any pool boys, but I have asked people from a wide variety of society. Retail salespeople, mechanics, real estate brokers, pool players I was playing against in a bar, retired folks, teachers, etc., etc. The results of my poll....in 2013 99%+ answered, "What's Bitcoin". It's trended lower than 99% over the years, but surprisingly still high. This years results are looking like they'll come in between 80-82%. And I did ask my barber this year...his answer was "What's Bitcoin?

ynot2k
11-29-2017, 07:01 PM
I agree with those results just from a general feel I get keeping my ears open.

sasksilver
11-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Had a gas pump attendant start talking about it the other day...he knows I follow markets and such, asked what I thought as he planned on buying some to turn the $500 he saved into more...told him high risk