PDA

View Full Version : Inside North America's '$8m-a-Month' Bitcoin Mining Operation

ynot2k
11-16-2017, 07:59 AM
Another large Washington state USA Bitcoin mining company.

In a perfect world where mining difficulty was lower, bitcoin prices were higher and a warehouse full of mining rigs could be run by one man, Dave Carlson, the owner of North America's largest bitcoin mining operation, could be earning $8m a month.

However, just like reports of bitcoin's death, reports of Carlson's personal earnings are, unfortunately for him, exaggerated.

With the mainstream media continuing to paint bitcoin as a modern-day gold rush, Carlson's rags-to-riches story has been of particular interest, even if it hasn't always been put in the proper context.

https://www.coindesk.com/inside-north-americas-8m-bitcoin-mining-operation/

AnotherDave
11-16-2017, 08:50 AM
"With the mainstream media continuing to paint bitcoin as a modern-day gold rush, Carlson's rags-to-riches story has been of particular interest, even if it hasn't always been put in the proper context."

The media's job its to entertain and to make a living for themselves and their owners.

There is no Pravda in Izvestia, and there is no Izvestia in Pravda.

ynot2k
11-16-2017, 10:43 AM
FWIW and clarity the quoted above is from the article, not myself.

The main thing I find interesting in this is the extent of concerns getting into the Bitcoin space. In this instance Carlson went from a small time in his basement operation to one of North America's biggest.

AnotherDave
11-16-2017, 11:30 AM
FWIW and clarity the quoted above is from the article, not myself.

The main thing I find interesting in this is the extent of concerns getting into the Bitcoin space. In this instance Carlson went from a small time in his basement operation to one of North America's biggest.

I wasn't sure how to make the item quoted distinct from your own comments, so I put it in quotation marks and hoped for the best. Sorry if anyone was mislead!

ynot2k
11-16-2017, 11:45 AM
No worries!