PDA

View Full Version : Crypto and AI, Down a Rabbit Hole...

t00nces2
11-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Crypto was a way to give computing power a value so that artificial intelligence could be crowdsourced... The basic premise is that solving for blockchain is actually building AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSn7Iomisyc

I am not trying to sell the site or the players, it is the idea that is the scary part. We may have created something we have no hope of controlling.

equity_value
11-13-2017, 10:14 AM
LOL!!

This is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, right?

AnotherDave
11-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Crypto was a way to give computing power a value so that artificial intelligence could be crowdsourced... The basic premise is that solving for blockchain is actually building AI.

I am not trying to sell the site or the players, it is the idea that is the scary part. We may have created something we have no hope of controlling.

This seems to be a new technology, built upon the blockchain. If you don't have an understanding of how the present "cryptos" work, this video may be a little much to follow.

The link to https://www.patreon.com/crowdsourcethetruth/ describes the project in a couple of quick statements. Not much info at all other than how to sponsor their project. Those who wish they could have gotten in to Bitcoin when it was still pennies, here's your chance at another longshot. Me, I'm going to watch and wait.

equity_value
11-13-2017, 11:07 AM
This seems to be a new technology, built upon the blockchain.. If you don't have an understanding of how the present "cryptos" work, this may be a little much to follow.

I'm sorry, but....Hahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

dude can't even say cumulative

t00nces2
11-13-2017, 02:16 PM
LOL!!

This is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, right?

Not really, just presented for consideration. It reminds me of the "Capcha" tests where you had to read a word and put it into a textbox to prove you were a human being and not a computer. They would give you two words and ask you to type them into a text box. One they would know, and the other the computer could not figure out. They were working to translate printed text to digital text and when they found words the computer could not figure out, they would give it to you as a capcha puzzle. They crowdsourced the deciphering of text the computer could not figure out. They were able to give the translation of text a value they could sell to companies to safeguard their account logins.

Poor Twisted Monk
11-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Normally I tend to refrain from judging a book by its cover... but in this case, those tattoos sure tell the story.

t00nces2
11-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Fair enough. Like I said, I am not endorsing the site or the people, just the idea. What are the blockchain blocks the cryptos are finding and resolving? What do they do?

Here is a shorter condensed video that touches on the high points and is what got me to watch the second video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=mpzZ7C5FsnU

Like I said, computers are being trained, just like the capcha tests. Those who are working to further computer autonomy are crowdsourcing the programing. I do not know if what he says is true, but it does make sense.

Westerner
11-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Well, if AI becomes all powerful there will be no man behind the curtain to expose. So the scare crows could rule the world.

Have to wonder if AI will realize that the true producers, people who keep our infrastructure and energy flowing benefits AI and so the people who actually produce will be rewarded, or subject to more control and or continue to be squeezed to death?

If producers decide that they don't want the electronic digits and want PMs or other commodities, for their services, could or would AI eliminate the producer?

AnotherDave
11-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Fair enough. Like I said, I am not endorsing the site or the people, just the idea. What are the blockchain blocks the cryptos are finding and resolving? What do they do?

Here is a shorter condensed video that touches on the high points and is what got me to watch the second video.

Like I said, computers are being trained, just like the capcha tests. Those who are working to further computer autonomy are crowdsourcing the programing. I do not know if what he says is true, but it does make sense.

I don't think much of this guy's theories on Satoshi Nakamoto, or AI, but he does understand the blockchain technology, and maybe this same analogy can be applied to much wider purposes, such as replacing the oligarchies now in control.

That could be a good thing.

Westerner
11-14-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't think much of this guy's theories on Satoshi Nakamoto, or AI, but he does understand the blockchain technology, and maybe this same analogy can be applied to much wider purposes, such as replacing the oligarchies now in control.

That could be a good thing.

If the AI scarecrow doesn't make the producers sware their soul to them..... perhaps.

Would muse that AI would out law PMs as a form of currency. And barter. Would think AI, would mandate their currency more so than the current wizards of oz'es...

AbidingInHim
11-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Being in IT, we see the writing on the wall with AI, Robotics, and Automation. I look forward to it all! The forecasts I have seen are $1.1T by 2021, and $20T by 2025. Investing in Cryptos and BOTZ, ARKQ, and ROBO. All three ETF's are projected to be $1,000/share by 2021. Might as well invest in the market segment that is taking your job from you. If I keep my job, I win. If I lose my job to AI, Robotics, Automation, I win. Win-Win. Not to mention that AI, Robotics, Automation are not affected by a down market, an up market, or anything in between. If the market is down, companies invest in these three to remove people and decrease their costs. If the market is up, companies invest in these three to remove people and increase their profits. There is no alternative to AI, Robotics, Automation. It is coming with a force, driven by reducing expenses and increasing profits whether we like it or not, and whether we believe it or not.

4nineFine
11-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Being in IT....

The time you've spent in IT will greatly effect the weight of your argument. Companies have been putting profits ahead of security since the dawn of the internet, so I always remain skeptical. Sure, AI may be the wave of the future but there are many hurdles still to jump. Regulation, unexpected mishaps or even software bugs can greatly effect any step along the way. Those $1,000 shares could easily plunge into the depths if an unexpected lawsuit, patent infringement, or a better product were to come to light. Techies seem all to eager to jump on the bandwagon these days, so I tend to tread with caution. The crypto ride has been a fun one for some (and rightly so), however the hardest lesson for any gambler to learn is knowing when to get up from the table.

IceAged
11-24-2017, 01:00 PM

I'm sorry, but....Hahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

dude can't even say cumulative

I've listened to some of this guys stuff (Quinn Michaels). This guy is out there on another planet with some of the statements and claims he makes IMO.

I've watched from more of a psychological point of view to see how far people sense of reality will run and the statements and claims that they will make.

This guy is right up there with 'jonnydontplay' and the space humans IMO

I have book marked the space human time stamp for entertainment purposes in this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSetixrwv4c&feature=youtu.be&t=330