PDA

View Full Version : The biggest news for Rhodium......EVER!!

Davidwd
02-23-2017, 03:57 PM
This will change the way the world uses and creates energy. It has massive implications for environmental damage by fossil fuels.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2017/feb/23/flash-physics-rhodium-breaks-up-carbon-dioxide-uk-invests-229m-in-new-institutes-ions-sense-rotation

maxwellsilverhammer
02-23-2017, 05:01 PM
so in laymans terms, please explain. price increase or decrease on the horizon for rhodium if this is a major change? which direction?

Davidwd
02-23-2017, 05:26 PM
so in laymans terms, please explain. price increase or decrease on the horizon for rhodium if this is a major change? which direction?
If they can make this work commercially Rhodium will be in very very great demand!

captainsilverton
02-23-2017, 05:27 PM
If they can make this work commercially Rhodium will be in very very great demand!

IF and WHEN.................are the key issues..

yellowsnow
02-23-2017, 06:26 PM
that's anti green, depleting CO2 for methane.

Davidwd
02-24-2017, 04:24 AM
that's anti green, depleting CO2 for methane.

Converting tail pipe Co2 (greenhouse gas) into oxygen and fuel is very very green!

Could also be used to convert CO2 from power stations and just generally the excess of Co2 in the atmosphere that is damaging the ozone layer.

The implications for this discovery are massive, investors will soon be jumping on the band wagon and holding Rh for when this does go into production. If this project relied on any other metal, production could be ramped up to meet demand - not with Rh as there are no dedicated Rh mines!!

Davidwd
02-24-2017, 07:35 AM
a little more info

http://inhabitat.com/duke-university-researchers-use-light-to-convert-carbon-dioxide-to-fuel/

Rhodium9000
02-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately this is of little practical consequence, as hydrogen is largely derived from natural gas.

absum
02-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Wanting to add 5 oz but not sure yet

yellowsnow
02-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Converting tail pipe Co2 (greenhouse gas) into oxygen and fuel is very very green!

Could also be used to convert CO2 from power stations and just generally the excess of Co2 in the atmosphere that is damaging the ozone layer.

The implications for this discovery are massive, investors will soon be jumping on the band wagon and holding Rh for when this does go into production. If this project relied on any other metal, production could be ramped up to meet demand - not with Rh as there are no dedicated Rh mines!!

this is not a new discovery. Rh is use in catalytic converter for the longest time.

Anti green mean it depletes CO2, a plant food, away from plants.
I believe chlorophyll in plant does a more efficient job converting CO2 to O2,plus bonus of creating stored energy.
Growing more trees is better way to convert CO2 to O2

Davidwd
02-25-2017, 05:35 AM
Well its still Fabulous!!
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/02/24/fabulous-precious-metal-kickstarts-energy-fuel-system-solar-style/

yellowsnow
02-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Solar Energy + CO2 = Fuel is new invention?
I eat my vegetable everyday, thank you very much.

sandro1979
02-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Can anybody stop this bull****? This forum is about investment not about fantasy. Yes, interesting technology but not becoming practical any time soon. Maybe in 30 years. Not sure that I'll be then still on planet earth... ;-)

Davidwd
02-26-2017, 07:00 AM
Can anybody stop this bull****? This forum is about investment not about fantasy. Yes, interesting technology but not becoming practical any time soon. Maybe in 30 years. Not sure that I'll be then still on planet earth... ;-)

This is not Bull, New developments utilising Rhodium strongly affect fundamentals and investment strategies. Nothing here is fantasy news like this affects Rh due to its rarity, hence the $30 bump Friday evening after this news was announced. Even if it does take 30 years (which I doubt, nearer 4 years in my opinion) people will spread more of their longterm investment towards Rh
This thread is VERY relevant to Rh investing and fundamentals!

Rhodium9000
02-27-2017, 03:43 AM
This is not Bull, New developments utilising Rhodium strongly affect fundamentals and investment strategies. Nothing here is fantasy news like this affects Rh due to its rarity, hence the $30 bump Friday evening after this news was announced. Even if it does take 30 years (which I doubt, nearer 4 years in my opinion) people will spread more of their longterm investment towards Rh

Actually this is fundamentally a useless story. Rhodium is a reduction catalyst; this has been known for a hundred years or more. Shining uv light on Rh nanoparticles is not new either. There is nothing practical to be gained from this. Sorry to dump cold water on this story...

sandro1979
05-19-2017, 08:27 AM
Maybe that's a good story for future Rhodium usage:

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/researchers-design-nanomaterial-that-could-reduce-car-exhaust-pollution-117051901140_1.html

Rhodium could replace Platinum and Palladium completely in catalysts...

Chimp555
05-22-2017, 12:58 AM

Maybe that's a good story for future Rhodium usage:

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/researchers-design-nanomaterial-that-could-reduce-car-exhaust-pollution-117051901140_1.html

Rhodium could replace Platinum and Palladium completely in catalysts...

So what price point do you guys think it would be great to get in and how long will this technology take. 4-30 years?