PDA

View Full Version : Ads

suemarkp
06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Kitco is going to drive me away if they continue to have ads with sound that I cannot stop. The site isn't "work safe" if my computer starts blaring sound that adjacent people don't want to hear. I don't want to mute my entire computer, but that is what I'm having to do. And there is still 5 seconds of sound until I get to that icon and mute the sounds.

And no, I don't want to pay for the ad free service. I'll put up with the ads, but not if they have sound that I can't stop.

nergal
06-29-2016, 03:18 PM
I have not experienced the sound. The one that pisses me off the most is the one that pops up over the content when I open the site home page. I make it a point to never, as much as possible, patronize a web site advertiser. Don't want to reinforce them. Yes, I understand this is a capitalistic enterprise, but I don't have to like it. I also understand the PM ads, this is a PM site after all. What I can't understand are the ads like the one at the top of the page at the moment, for "dreamwear, sleep in any position you want." WTF?

rollin prospector
07-03-2016, 04:07 PM
adblockplus ... won't have a problem

suemarkp
07-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Can't do that on work computers -- things are locked down too tight and I can't install anything. The problem seems to have stopped though. It was the Kitco Video News ad on the right side of the main page that would auto play. Doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

Silvercoin
09-27-2016, 11:53 AM
What Kitco does not realize is with all the pop up advert bull****, it makes Kitco look like a scam website.

When was the last time anyone appreciated pop up garbage in their browser?

Only a web administrator with rocks for brains would put such garbage on what is supposed to be a respectable, trustworthy business.

They are ruining their own reputation.

Atlas Shrugged
09-27-2016, 11:55 AM
What ads?

See uBlock Origin...

Customer Care
10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! I am sure you all noticed the ads with sound by default were removed shortly after this thread went up. If you come across any other invasive advertising, please feel encouraged to report it. Although I am sure you can all appreciate some revenue is necessary to keep the forum going, as well as all other services Kitco provides for free, we are looking, now more than ever, to keep this space clean and enjoyable to browse.

Atlas Shrugged
10-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! I am sure you all noticed the ads with sound by default were removed shortly after this thread went up. If you come across any other invasive advertising, please feel encouraged to report it. Although I am sure you can all appreciate some revenue is necessary to keep the forum going, as well as all other services Kitco provides for free, we are looking, now more than ever, to keep this space clean and enjoyable to browse.

That is good news. I can understand ads, but popups and sound enabled ads are just obnoxious. Those sites that present them in an elegant and unobtrusive way would get more REAL click throughs.

nergal
07-19-2017, 09:12 AM

Now we have to wait for a video to load in the lower left hand corner. At it again, ads that inhibit any activity.

Chump Change
07-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Do they allow laptops to access their system?

Bring your own from home, a tablet should work, the screen's kinda small but way better than a phone

Markpti
07-19-2017, 09:18 PM
The ads are very annoying. I've commented before. But Kitco -ing at work when we should be Work -ing? And you feel put upon? Errrrrrrrrrr.

maxwellsilverhammer
07-19-2017, 09:28 PM
What Kitco does not realize is with all the pop up advert bull****, it makes Kitco look like a scam website.

When was the last time anyone appreciated pop up garbage in their browser?

Only a web administrator with rocks for brains would put such garbage on what is supposed to be a respectable, trustworthy business.

They are ruining their own reputation.

another thing is that if they really wanted to compete in their selling of p m's with all the forum members and word getting out if they just drop their expensive shipping fees they would be a major competitor for my money as i am sure of many others here as well.