PDA

View Full Version : Order process for USA buyers

BuyLowSellHigh
11-15-2015, 08:02 PM
I created an account, added some silver to buy, went through the checkout process, and wanted to pay by personal check.

Then it gave me a warning that I should send by courier to make sure it gets there in 3 business days.

I'm not going to pay extra for Fed Ex to mail a check, so I cancelled the order.

If I took my chances and mailed the check via USPS First Class letter how long would it take to get there?

What if it got there after the 3 business days?

I cancelled my order due to these concerns

Thank you

Customer Care
11-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear that warning dissuaded you from going through with your purchase. Since we do have a 3 business turnaround time policy for payment, its purpose is to inform our customers that in order to have us extend that 3 business day deadline, a tracking number is usually needed. If your payment does not arrive within the first 3 business days, we do not get an update from you within this time frame, and we cannot reach you on the third business day, your order may be cancelled, and associated fees applied to your credit card. You can use first class mail if you are confident the check will make it to destination within its intended deadline. However, first class mailing times can vary rather wildly depending on location and staffing. As long as a tracking number is available, we would simply wait for your payment to arrive. Although you do not have to pay FedEx fees (USPS registered would do) for the check to be shipped, since we are making a commitment to a price when you lock in your purchase, we are looking for proof of payment in order to maintain it in good standing.
If you have any concerns about your specific situation, please feel free to PM, email, or call us. We try to accommodate as much as possible.

maxwellsilverhammer
11-16-2015, 06:31 PM
I created an account, added some silver to buy, went through the checkout process, and wanted to pay by personal check.

Then it gave me a warning that I should send by courier to make sure it gets there in 3 business days.

I'm not going to pay extra for Fed Ex to mail a check, so I cancelled the order.

If I took my chances and mailed the check via USPS First Class letter how long would it take to get there?

What if it got there after the 3 business days?

I cancelled my order due to these concerns

Thank you

hey there buylowsellhigh, my experience with this in similar situations was such that as long as you send it with a tracking number and provide that number whereby the postmark is within the designated timeframe i have gotten my purchases. Here from our host Kitco, as well as other online dealers. just in case it may help you in the future.... USPS Priority mail has a tracking feature and that has been good enough in my past purchases. Max

BuyLowSellHigh
11-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear that warning dissuaded you from going through with your purchase. Since we do have a 3 business turnaround time policy for payment, its purpose is to inform our customers that in order to have us extend that 3 business day deadline, a tracking number is usually needed. If your payment does not arrive within the first 3 business days, we do not get an update from you within this time frame, and we cannot reach you on the third business day, your order may be cancelled, and associated fees applied to your credit card. You can use first class mail if you are confident the check will make it to destination within its intended deadline. However, first class mailing times can vary rather wildly depending on location and staffing. As long as a tracking number is available, we would simply wait for your payment to arrive. Although you do not have to pay FedEx fees (USPS registered would do) for the check to be shipped, since we are making a commitment to a price when you lock in your purchase, we are looking for proof of payment in order to maintain it in good standing.
If you have any concerns about your specific situation, please feel free to PM, email, or call us. We try to accommodate as much as possible.

Thanks for the explanation. Wire transfer is looking to be a better option.

Guess I got the new customer jitters.

Have my eye on those RCM 10 oz bars