PDA

View Full Version : Forums have problems!!!

cautery
03-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Forums seem to be having issues again, lately and tonight for sure...

REALLY SLOW load times, and I am getting repeated "Out of Memory" errors from the forum server.

I REALLY appreciate KITCO hosting these forums, but could y'all possibly consider upgrading the hosting and/or server hardware?

Looks to me like this is on a shared hosting server and has extremely restrictive php memory restrictions.

captainsilverton
03-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Forums seem to be having issues again, lately and tonight for sure...

REALLY SLOW load times, and I am getting repeated "Out of Memory" errors from the forum server.

I REALLY appreciate KITCO hosting these forums, but could y'all possibly consider upgrading the hosting and/or server hardware?

Looks to me like this is on a shared hosting server and has extremely restrictive php memory restrictions.

often and varied.. and no one on kitco addresses the techical software issues... and no explanation to us.... posts going through morphs and slow and loads taking moments???
inct

cautery
03-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Yep... I report problems periodically.

Yours is the first response I remember ever getting to a report thread. :(

Atlas Shrugged
03-24-2015, 09:04 AM
often and varied.. and no one on kitco addresses the techical software issues... and no explanation to us.... posts going through morphs and slow and loads taking moments???
inct

It happens when the NSA makes copies of the database. Please stand by....

HeavyMetalIronSteel
03-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Wait wait wait.. !!! What "Kitco" will not load on my iphone - what a blessing.. Now I can do the important things in life that have Real Meaning !

"See how many licks it takes to get to the center of my Tootsies Roll."

Customer Care
03-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Firstly, thank you all for your feedback. The moderators have brought this thread to our attention, as well as comments about slowness in another initially unrelated thread. Please make sure to direct any such feedback to this section, as it is being closely monitored by our customer care team.
A request to investigate the forum's performance has been sent to our IT department in order to determine if any issues have surfaced as of late that may be hindering smoothness. We will provide you with updates on the situation as more information becomes available. If you have any further information that could assist us with identifying any issues you are experiencing, please feel free to share it. It would greatly assist us in investigating.

Customer Care
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Our IT team has recently been updating security features on the forum over the last few days, resulting in a few instances of significant slowdown. The necessity to keep the environment as secure as possible from threats for everyone's machine prompted us to opt to temporarily decrease performance. We hope to be able to count on your understanding in this regard.
Although we do try as much as possible to handle such maintenance tasks at off hours in order to cause as little effect as possible on our users' experience, we apologize for any frustration this may have caused.
Although we try to fix security issues as soon as any are identified, which makes maintenance of this type difficult to foresee, in an effort to mitigate any further frustration, we will do our best to forewarn our members of any such issues ahead of time as much as reasonably possible.

cautery
03-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Thank you!! :)

CarRide
03-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I just got on Kitco and it says I have to download a message service if I want to get private messages......is this true?
I was not about to download that without asking.

Thank you, CarRide

Atlas Shrugged
03-25-2015, 08:43 PM
I just got on Kitco and it says I have to download a message service if I want to get private messages......is this true?

Thank you, CarRide

I never did. Sounds suspicious. The PM function is inherent in the board software.

HeavyMetalIronSteel
03-25-2015, 09:01 PM
You should not have to download anything to use anything on this forum !

ynot2k
03-25-2015, 09:14 PM
No that is something other than Kitco

Only thing I'm not sure about in this regard is in case of using Tapatalk smartphone app

Are you using that app to access the forum with a smartphone?

Thank you, CarRide

captainsilverton
03-25-2015, 09:28 PM
No that is something other than Kitco

Only thing I'm not sure about in this regard is in case of using Tapatalk smartphone app

Are you using that app to access the forum with a smartphone?

have to disagree......lost a post before done and entered..... 5 minutes into writing it about 30 minutes ago.. just vanished in front of my eyes.

best to you

inct

CarRide
03-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the answers, and no, I was on desktop. It's sitting above this thread looking at me right now, It says "View New Messages" and in the same box to the right it says "inboxNOW" Strange

CarRide
03-25-2015, 09:48 PM
There's another come on now, I think they're coming at the place Kitco lets companies advertise?

HeavyMetalIronSteel
03-25-2015, 10:18 PM
have to disagree......lost a post before done and entered..... 5 minutes into writing it about 30 minutes ago.. just vanished in front of my eyes.

best to you

inct

The newest software update on my iPhone has a glitch. While I am dictating auditorily the text will disappear if too many sentences are used without tapping the screen. The only way I've been able to save it is to "say" one sentence and then tap the screen. Obviously, this has nothing to do with Kitco !

ynot2k
03-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the answers, and no, I was on desktop. It's sitting above this thread looking at me right now, It says "View New Messages" and in the same box to the right it says "inboxNOW" Strange

There's another come on now, I think they're coming at the place Kitco lets companies advertise?

Correct, it is an advertisement from a business other than Kitco.