PDA

View Full Version : Why is the rouble in trouble?

FrieFrench
12-16-2014, 01:14 AM
The rouble smashed through resistance to an all-time low of 65.5 to the dollar, falling a jaw-dropping 11%, in a crescendo of selling on Monday, as oil prices continued to slide and markets braced for a likely default in Ukraine.

The Russian currency has lost half its value since President Vladimir Putin first sent forces into Ukraine, setting off a chain of events that the Kremlin can no longer control.

In the bleakest official forecast yet from Moscow, the Russian central bank warned that the country could see a 4.5 per cent to 4.7 per cent contraction in GDP next year if oil prices remained at $60 a barrel.

Via Why is the rouble in trouble? (http://blog.propurchaser.com/2014/rouble-trouble/)

Mytal
12-16-2014, 08:10 PM
I could not even emagine losing 60% in a year. I feel bad for the people ,not the govt...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian-ruble-sinks-sharply-despite-151849957.html

captainsilverton
12-16-2014, 10:18 PM
why??...this writing on the walls has been like graffiti as to why the demise started,,now oil..big trouble for the CB's of russ fed... wow!! let alone sanctions..

seasons greetings,

best,

INCT

II DALTON II
12-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Currency Wars. We have manipulated commodities to hurt them as an exporter and now we have almost crushed their currency.

littlemoron
12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
If there's a way to accumulate Rouble online, I won't hesitate to do so. I don't have a fx account. I can only go long & short on aus$, euro & yen thru different ETFs.

golditiki2
12-20-2014, 05:30 AM
why??...this writing on the walls has been like graffiti as to why the demise started,,now oil..big trouble for the CB's of russ fed... wow!! let alone sanctions..

seasons greetings,

best,

INCT

the russians who bought some years ago when gold dropped at prices over spot and sucked physical gold from the west to the east, are now rewarded, The purchasing value of their fiat ruble is smashed but their gold keeps its purchasing value.

Be this a lesson for europeans and americans because one day we all will be in a similar situation. And not because of sanctions, but because of the need to print ever more moneyunits.
Our capitalistic system is not able anymore to produce the necessary money by working, because those working are milked increasingly on two fronts, taxes and living costs. They have been unable to amass savings and are not able to spend more in times the economy would need to be revived.

The priceslump of oïl is hurting russia but will also hurt the US and all other oilproducers, their income will drop and have a negative drag on the world economy in 2015.

The only countries who will profit from this oilpriceslump on the contrary will be a Bonanza for the big oïl importing countries like China and India.

I have been in Russia when it was in real dearth after the fall of the emire, and believe me or not, they are able to live under very harsh circumstances. This rublevalue drop and sanctions will have little influence but an increase in mortality of the old and weak persons.

Golditiki2 +++

Westerner
12-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Yeah, for the dirt poor folks who have no savings bad news, but for the folks who had at least 50% of their savings in gold are probably doing ok if not a bit better. However having to sell your gold to pay bills is not good either. I suspect many are cutting back on frivolous things and we should see continued downward pressure on the overall economies of the world as well.

II DALTON II
12-21-2014, 12:39 PM
If there's a way to accumulate Rouble online, I won't hesitate to do so. I don't have a fx account. I can only go long & short on aus$, euro & yen thru different ETFs.

Sadly the Ruble is being taken off of the FX markets Broker by Broker. I have some buddies that are just going to their Banks and exchanging Dollars for actual physical Rubles. One said his Bank charged him a 4% commission.

AnotherDave
12-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Sadly the Ruble is being taken off of the FX markets Broker by Broker. I have some buddies that are just going to their Banks and exchanging Dollars for actual physical Rubles. One said his Bank charged him a 4% commission.

Why wouldn't a bank charge a commission to exchange currencies? What is an 'actual physical Ruble', or a USD/FRN for that matter?

Not so long ago, Russia's started trading with the West by bartering vodka for soft drinks, as neither nation recognized the others' fiat. Has anything fundamentally changed in the currencies since?

Killionaire
12-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Seems like the banksters have gotten serious about punishing Russia for not obeying them.
The banksters caused hyperinflation in Germany after WW1.
But Russia has something the Germans didn't have: Nukes, a lot of them.
Putin is smart and a good strategist. I hope he finds a why to punish the banksters.
Maybe he can do it with BRICS.
Maybe BRICS is the reason that the banksters started screwing with Ukraine and Russia in the first place.
The banksters can't just destroy the Russian government like they did to Iraq and Libya.
Plus Russia has China as an ally. Two huge, nuclear nations. I don't see how the banksters will defeat
Russia + China combined. Plus the banksters have degraded the USA.

golditiki2
01-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Plus Russia has China as an ally. Two huge, nuclear nations. I don't see how the banksters will defeat
Russia + China combined. Plus the banksters have degraded the USA.

China is not an ally of Russia. They see Russia, the US and Europe from behind the glasses of their spectacles their own way, trying to make the best out of the respective situations for their own benefit.

The Chinese chest of diplomacy / economy /politics has more than one level and every level more than one drawer but all work for the same goal, to become the dominant world power.

They will support Russia as far it suits them and not an inch further.
They steer out of the usdollar but the soft way and keep europe as an outlet alternative, case the US would blackmail them.

They carry the responsability about 1.3 billion people and that is a mass of people.

Golditiki +++

dukadan
01-05-2015, 11:53 PM
The rouble smashed through resistance to an all-time low of 65.5 to the dollar, falling a jaw-dropping 11%, in a crescendo of selling on Monday, as oil prices continued to slide and markets braced for a likely default in Ukraine.

The Russian currency has lost half its value since President Vladimir Putin first sent forces into Ukraine, setting off a chain of events that the Kremlin can no longer control.

In the bleakest official forecast yet from Moscow, the Russian central bank warned that the country could see a 4.5 per cent to 4.7 per cent contraction in GDP next year if oil prices remained at $60 a barrel.

Via Why is the rouble in trouble? (http://blog.propurchaser.com/2014/rouble-trouble/)

Because the Western Banking Oligarchs who control Wall Street, Federal Reserve Bank, ECB, Japan, Corporate media, Israel, Saudi Arabia, NATO, World bank, IMF have created hegemony with a USD system. If any country stands against this current system and goes against the ways of Western Oligarchs agenda will be crushed financially until tame or new system. Iran, Argentina, Russia, Venezuela, Syria, North Korea are being hit hardest esp, in Western media through false accusations to sway opinion towards Western hegemony agenda.

humpty
01-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Russia has cut off the gas via Ukraine to Europe and re-routed it to Turkey. They need a couple
of years to connect to the new outlet. Meanwhile, China has filled in the pork-meat gap in exchange
for fighter planes. Sanctions backfiring?

kissds1
05-26-2015, 02:54 AM
Today the ruble is more or less stable, but it has lost 50% compared to last year

soapforme
08-05-2016, 02:13 AM
Other electricity-centered destinations in the area are likewise grappling together with the dive in oils deals. Azerbaijan on Tuesday enforced funds settings in the form of a 20 per cent taxation on getting foreign exchange out of the countryside after having a one-thirdly plunge in the value of its foreign currency in a 30 days.
In Kazakhstan, the tenge this week click a record affordable of 377.7 to the $ - all the way down 50 percent in six months - though Turkmenistan has restricted foreign exchange business as it attempts to maintain a peg with the dollar.

Got Goldies
08-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Its in trouble because its a worthless piece of paper..

golditiki2
10-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Its in trouble because its a worthless piece of paper..

well so will be the GBP, The worldmasters are stripdancing the brexitters.
Ps I remarked they revived in latest BBC writings the GBP "sterling"....

Golditiki2 +++

bestellen
03-15-2017, 09:11 AM
The main source of the problem can be found in the 40% drop in global oil prices since the summer not helped with Western sanctions imposed in response to Russia’s actions in Ukraine.

For me the poor economic situation is also the result of a lack of inward investment towards opportunities that exist in our modern times. Putin during his time in charge has not really attempted to modernise Russia, the country still remains massively dependent on oil and gas exports, exactly how it was in Soviet times. Putin has failed to bring the Russian economy into the modern era which we see is so much centred around technology and innovation.

golditiki2
03-16-2017, 06:37 AM
The main source of the problem can be found in the 40% drop in global oil prices since the summer not helped with Western sanctions imposed in response to Russia’s actions in Ukraine.

For me the poor economic situation is also the result of a lack of inward investment towards opportunities that exist in our modern times. Putin during his time in charge has not really attempted to modernise Russia, the country still remains massively dependent on oil and gas exports, exactly how it was in Soviet times. Putin has failed to bring the Russian economy into the modern era which we see is so much centred around technology and innovation.

when they accuse all those russian hackers of hacking the world and the moon, they cannot just be so underequipped, or what?

D+

annaserea
05-20-2018, 11:05 AM
In other side of the world..When George Soros want GBP down, he will sell it with a huge money and insist the Bank of England to depend their currency with high cost.

Wayn05
03-08-2019, 04:51 PM
I could not even emagine losing 60% in a year. I feel bad for the people ,not the govt...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian-ruble-sinks-sharply-despite-151849957.html

Of course, the government can quickly recover from this but those folks affected can hardly bounce back. Especially when there is no plan B.