PDA

View Full Version : Palladium set to hit $650 - $685 / Oz soon

II Pd
03-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Reason : focus on future substitution. (For Pt)

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page35?oid=48621&sn=Detail

:)

Falcon7
03-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Interesting article. Supports the view that we are seeing a consolidation before another run to $700.

Also points out that shares of PAL and SWC rose by 120% and 153% since January. With $700 palladium the shares of these companies will advance accordingly.

RareEarth
03-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Greetings Everyone:
This is my first post to the forum! I am a palladium buff like most of you. I've been reading the threads for about a year and enjoyed all the conversations and insights. I've also started building up my small stash over the last year or so.
I've been absolutely amazed that during the recent spike in Pd prices, that the small fractional stillwater rounds on ebay have gone insane. I checked one day recently and there were a number of stillwater rounds selling at or close to $199 CDN for a small 1/10th oz coin. I know ebay is expensive for this stuff but that is over $2,000 USD per ounce my friends (now!). When Pd was around the $400 mark, these coins were selling for a more reasonable $50-60. These are coins with almost no numismatic value. I guess that small players will little money want to get in on the action at any cost. I won't be one of them at those prices. Attached is an ebay link as an example (I think these links expire about a month after the auction closes)
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-10-oz-PALLADIUM-ROUND-BAR-BULLION-LIKE-SILVER-GOLD_W0QQitemZ110226764973QQihZ001QQcategoryZ39486 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go Pd

Big Kel
03-07-2008, 12:16 AM
I also purchased some small 1/10 rounds off e-bay for around 53.00. I have been following them on e-bay ever since and someone purchased 1 for $121.00 . E-bay makes it so easy to purchase people get caught up in the bidding and it can get out of hand. I know at the time I over paid for some of the items but wanted to get in on Palladium. The locale dealer here charges about .40 per oz. over going rate but it is so much easyer to hit the button on e-bay. With the fall in the last couple of days gives me hope Palladium will run back up and I will make some of my investment back and some. The Gold guys ( like aufool ) will bepissed but I also traded some Gold for Palladium becuse it intreges me, Gold does not. I still own some and silver( silver works for me also) but I still think Palladium is going to hit. Also did anyone see Cnbc this morning? They said that gold my substitue Plat. in the prodution of cat. converter becuse of the price, first time I have heard that one..Go Palladium....

AUfool
03-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Trade gold for palladium? Unheard of crime against nature! I'm shocked and furious! :eek: :mad:

"...I also traded some Gold for Palladium becuse it intreges me..."

and

"...gold my substitue Plat. in the prodution of cat. converter..."

Well, so much for palladium rising above gold again, huh? And so much for winning the Kitco spelling bee this year, too! :confused: :rolleyes:

Seriously...there has been talk about nano-particle gold in cats. Here is one article from almost a year ago:

http://www.news.com/Gold-to-go-in-diesel-engines/2100-11389_3-6176100.html

FeboWebo
03-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Trade gold for palladium? Unheard of crime against nature! I'm shocked and furious! :eek: :mad:

"...I also traded some Gold for Palladium becuse it intreges me..."

and

"...gold my substitue Plat. in the prodution of cat. converter..."

Well, so much for palladium rising above gold again, huh? And so much for winning the Kitco spelling bee this year, too! :confused: :rolleyes:

Seriously...there has been talk about nano-particle gold in cats. Here is one article from almost a year ago:

http://www.news.com/Gold-to-go-in-diesel-engines/2100-11389_3-6176100.html

What a DH
Don't mind him he's just a jeer for the jeerleaders...