PDA

View Full Version : Darkcoin anyone?

captainbluff
06-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Not bitcoin, not litecoin, not dogecoin, but Darkcoin. It has been one of the best performing alt crypto coins in the market. It ranks 3rd in market cap behind the Bitcoin and Litecoin, but I believe it will take down Litecoin eventually.
It's been a wild ride but very profitable, allows me to buy more metals. :cool:

cheesy
06-02-2014, 10:28 PM
"THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there 12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Every time they try to spam their coin just post this to remind them of the facts about their coint

dogecoin is dying , stay away from that too.

Stick with Litecoin and Bitcoin.

captainbluff
06-03-2014, 01:13 AM
I know exactly where you pulled this information from. That thread was written back in April 7th, many in the crypto world have read it. Some of it maybe facts some of it may not be. What I know is the market is dictating the price of DRK. I wouldn't be so sure about BTC, the majority of it is held by a small group. That is a fact. I was once a big Litecoin holder but I believe it losing it's market share to upcoming coins such as Dark. The goal is to turn profits into more metals, got in Dark at 69 cents.

Atlas Shrugged
06-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Perfect. Just listen to what you both are talking about. You may as well head to wall street and start the cold calls.

Boiler room anyone?

More imaginary digits claiming to be money. Hey, as long as you get out at the top of the ponzi, who cares, right?

captainbluff
06-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Nothing wrong with speculating outside the metals to make profit. Crypto currencies have outperformed the any metals by many folds since inception, I wouldn't call it a ponzi, yes there are bad alt coins out there but there are good ones that serves a purpose. It's a payment system that gold, silver, dollar, credit cards, etc that cannot match. By the way Bitcoin is already accepted as payment on overstock.com and dish network, have you heard the CEO of overstock.com? He is for sound money, just like the majority of us here.

Perfect. Just listen to what you both are talking about. You may as well head to wall street and start the cold calls.

Boiler room anyone?

More imaginary digits claiming to be money. Hey, as long as you get out at the top of the ponzi, who cares, right?

richy25
06-03-2014, 01:33 PM
To be honest, darkcoin will never be accepted at coinbase etc nuff said.

richy25
06-03-2014, 01:34 PM
You still twisting with yourself because you didn't buy bitcoin? Look you missed the boat, stop taking it out on us. :)

cheesy
06-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I know exactly where you pulled this information from. That thread was written back in April 7th, many in the crypto world have read it. Some of it maybe facts some of it may not be. What I know is the market is dictating the price of DRK. I wouldn't be so sure about BTC, the majority of it is held by a small group. That is a fact. I was once a big Litecoin holder but I believe it losing it's market share to upcoming coins such as Dark. The goal is to turn profits into more metals, got in Dark at 69 cents.

Exactly you got in at 69 cents and choose to ignore the facts that darkcoin was instamined and horribly launched. Just don't believe drk will overtake Litecoin that will never happen and get out before it dumps.

insidedealer
06-03-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't see any of these alt-coins surviving. There's only room for 1 digital "coin" and that's bitcoin.
All the others are just trying to ride bitcoins coattails. Wall Street has no interest in them, and neither does main street.
They're good for one thing as far as I'm concerned, and that's taking away from the speculative froth around bitcoin. Bitcoin doesn't need that froth and it's healthier without it around.
I'd be very careful trying to trade these.

cheesy
06-03-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't see any of these alt-coins surviving. There's only room for 1 digital "coin" and that's bitcoin.
All the others are just trying to ride bitcoins coattails. Wall Street has no interest in them, and neither does main street.
They're good for one thing as far as I'm concerned, and that's taking away from the speculative froth around bitcoin. Bitcoin doesn't need that froth and it's healthier without it around.
I'd be very careful trying to trade these.

Putting all your money in 1 coin is dumb , diversification is key.

captainbluff
06-03-2014, 04:18 PM
To be honest, darkcoin will never be accepted at coinbase etc nuff said.

Coinbase is not the only game in town. Bitfinex has added DRK to USD

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/order_book/?pair=drkbtc

captainbluff
06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
You still twisting with yourself because you didn't buy bitcoin? Look you missed the boat, stop taking it out on us. :)

Not sure if this was for me :)...But I actually got in BTC below $25, didn't have much but it was enough to pay for my mini GPU farm :)

insidedealer
06-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Putting all your money in 1 coin is dumb , diversification is key.
I don't have my money in any of them. If I was to speculate in digital money for the sake of speculation it would be in bitcoin...and I consider that high risk. Maybe a 10% chance bitcoin lasts...the risk on any of the others would be off the charts..less than a 1% chance of survival. Far less. Even if litecoin is "the" one, what's the best that could happen? The litecoin/bitcoin ratio improving and litecoin maybe outperforming bitcoin. I would prefer 90% risk/1000%+ profit.......over 99%+ risk/5000%+ profit.
We'll see what happens. It's interesting to follow.

AnotherDave
06-03-2014, 07:13 PM
What's being missed here is that Bitcoin was invented for use as an alternate currency. Mining is only a method to get the currency out into public circulation as fairly as possible.

Just as you can mine gold and silver out of the ground, Bitcoin "mining" takes work, and same luck. So, if you want Bitcoin, you will have to work for it somehow, either by mining, or trading, or exchanging for some other currency.

I'm guessing that Darkcoin is somewhat the same, though if there is any question of a fixed game, the public is free to use one of the other currencies. This extends to the FRN currency as well.

insidedealer
06-03-2014, 07:48 PM
The FRN would be the ultimate darkcoin, so to speak.
FRN is a very good con .
It's so good that at this point all buyers and sellers know it's a confidence game, and they still play.

cheesy
06-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Forgot to mention that darkcoin is closed source another reason to avoid it like the plague.

Atlas Shrugged
06-05-2014, 08:46 PM
You. All have a little more than a year to play your farmville video games with imagnary currency...after that, it's game over.

slork35
06-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Forgot to mention that darkcoin is closed source another reason to avoid it like the plague.

It will be open sourced after the darksend system has been tested and perfected. I think the dev just wants to perfect it and get it running before open sourcing and having 100 ****coins clone it.

You. All have a little more than a year to play your farmville video games with imagnary currency...after that, it's game over.

All currency is 'imaginary currency' in the sense that the value is perceived. Can you send gold or silver anywhere in the world for next to nothing instantly? Can you carry your stack around the world with you on a trip?

You shouldn't discount cryptocurrencies because you can't physically hold them. They aren't precious metals. Their utility is something else, and they are a very powerful tool especially for people in developing countries trying to send or receive money from abroad. They are also immensely helpful to the 'unbanked,' or people without access to western banking systems that do have access to mobile devices (IE: most of Africa).

On top of this they can also function as a store of value and a vehicle for speculators, the latter of which have driven the price up and brought it down several times now.

Even if Bitcoin itself fails the idea has already taken root. Cryptocurrencies are here to stay.

Atlas Shrugged
06-06-2014, 07:41 AM
The transfer of currency around the world does not need cryptos.

Electronic currency is exactly what world powers and your overlords want. They want all your records electronic. Data is power.

It s much easier to manage the farm.